Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

Pistols
07.17.2013 , 01:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EmblemElite View Post
I'm sorry but as a person who has designed computer software and a software engineer. You will almost never get a concrete answer from a developer that would be like signing your own death certificate. I think we had a whole class on giving people vague answers in college. If they give concrete answers and miss benchmarks they are damned.
I agree with that, but truthfully I'm looking for direction in the above areas mentioned, not so much "gimme direct confirmation now or else" approach lol. I think a lot of what I want to touch-on has been something that has been discussed for well over a year, so the benchmarks are pretty much moot anyways, least to most. Anything we can gleam PvP wise is an added bonus, no matter how small, and with 2.4 around the corner I figure why not give it a try.

Morde_
07.17.2013 , 01:16 PM | #12
I'm sorry but as a person who has designed computer software and a software engineer. You will almost never get a concrete answer from a developer that would be like signing your own death certificate. I think we had a whole class on giving people vague answers in college. If they give concrete answers and miss benchmarks they are damned.
I'm also a developer, and I understand this, but from what I've heard about these meet and greets, they take "vague answers" to a whole new level.

It should be reasonable to expect SOME sort of more detailed 2.4 forecasting.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

cashogy_reborn
07.17.2013 , 01:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
PvP content release schedule? After 2.4, should we expect 2.8 to be the next pvp update?
this. a bazillion times this

we need to know if the devs think that 2.4 is "enough for now", or if they are going to start doing little PvP changes/additions in more patches.

one "huge" (and thats yet to be determined) PvP oriented update a year isnt really enough imo.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Maelael
07.17.2013 , 05:10 PM | #14
Can you add the leap bug into #3? I'd say roll/wall bang, GCD error, and leap are the three most common and noteworthy bugs.

I'd take my 6-7 man warzones (Mostly fixed!), stuck areas and issues, and medal-less backfill and chew them happily if they can address those three.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Maelael
07.17.2013 , 05:14 PM | #15
Go take more classes, specifically designed around positioning (as in, conversational positioning, not combat). You can give direct, honest answers to your customers/clients with the proper wording, still **** it up, and have them love you for it because you are not giving them the perception of you being indifferent of their concerns.

Guess what I do for a living?

Apple is a great example of a company who uses those principles to benefit their company.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Pistols
07.18.2013 , 12:05 PM | #16
Headed out now, will report back tomorrow with anything news worthy.

Big shout to all who weighed in their thoughts, even if I don't get to your particular question.

Props!

Pistols

wildcoast
07.18.2013 , 12:07 PM | #17
Good luck!

*salute*
Trooper Thavious
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Simmerr
07.18.2013 , 12:09 PM | #18
Ask them to fix shroud

/thread
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS
You're gonna push your luck

JediMasterSLC
07.18.2013 , 12:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Madness assassins.
I feel ya. Them being the worst spec PVP spec in the game right now and all.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

Joesixxpack
07.18.2013 , 01:37 PM | #20
May the Force be with you.

And please get Eric and his team that're there all the hooch they can drink for doing a good job improving communication.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE