Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

Pistols
07.20.2013 , 12:52 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuo View Post
While not specifically a pvp issue, was their anything said about the GCD bug/ability delay/hitching/whatever else you call it? I could imagine this issue becoming increasingly noticeable in smaller fights, such as 4v4 arenas, where every use of a gcd matters.
Nope no mention sadly, and again I think this is one of those issues that is plagued by the current engine. Understand this has been the biggest issue in the game since launch, so I don't see any way they could fix it without ditching the Hero and moving to another engine, which is unlikely ever going to happen.

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 01:08 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Nope no mention sadly, and again I think this is one of those issues that is plagued by the current engine. Understand this has been the biggest issue in the game since launch, so I don't see any way they could fix it without ditching the Hero and moving to another engine, which is unlikely ever going to happen.
if only they would change engines... that would be glorious.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Capt_Beers
07.20.2013 , 01:12 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
if only they would change engines... that would be glorious.
I would be terrified if they announced this. I would have to make a request that they let me back my characters up myself as well as their back up.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 01:17 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I would be terrified if they announced this. I would have to make a request that they let me back my characters up myself as well as their back up.
well yeah lol. but if they did it right, it would great.

i think they would basically have to rebuild the entire game tho; probably not gonna happen
The King of Bads

Darkshadz
07.20.2013 , 06:31 PM | #95
well yeah lol. but if they did it right, it would great.

i think they would basically have to rebuild the entire game tho; probably not gonna happen
They would need Disney's money to do that I guess XD

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 06:55 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
They would need Disney's money to do that I guess XD
they could get it if they wanted.

lets look at SWG for a second. it lasted 8 years, and many would not consider it to have been a successful MMO after the CU and then NGE. yet i lasted for 8 years somehow.

lets say that SWTOR is gonna last 8 years. why not spend the money to improve your engine (which is arguably the worst thing about the game, and has the largest impact on all other game aspects), and then benefit in the long-term by attracting more customers over those 8 years?

its a long-term investment in the game. which, sadly, is something i dont think EA is interested in. if they were, they could surely get the money from Disney. the better this game is, the more people want to play it. and the more people that play it, the more money that all involved parties make off of it.
The King of Bads

Technohic
07.20.2013 , 06:56 PM | #97
they could get it if they wanted.

lets look at SWG for a second. it lasted 8 years, and many would not consider it to have been a successful MMO after the CU and then NGE. yet i lasted for 8 years somehow.

lets say that SWTOR is gonna last 8 years. why not spend the money to improve your engine (which is arguably the worst thing about the game, and has the largest impact on all other game aspects), and then benefit in the long-term by attracting more customers over those 8 years?

its a long-term investment in the game. which, sadly, is something i dont think EA is interested in. if they were, they could surely get the money from Disney. the better this game is, the more people want to play it. and the more people that play it, the more money that all involved parties make off of it.
I think if they built the game on another engine, it would be called SWTOR 2 as everything would likely have to be thrown out. Should still have the voiceovers in WAV files at least I guess.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 06:59 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I think if they built the game on another engine, it would be called SWTOR 2 as everything would likely have to be thrown out. Should still have the voiceovers in WAV files at least I guess.
yeah thats what i was saying before, theyd have to remake the game basically. which isnt gonna happen. itd be a huge financial investment, and EA isnt into those kind of business ventures
The King of Bads

OldSpiceSwag
07.20.2013 , 07:01 PM | #99
they could optimize the engine. ive heard that thrown around but dont know what it means exactly other than it sounds good

cashogy_reborn
07.20.2013 , 07:04 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSpiceSwag View Post
they could optimize the engine. ive heard that thrown around but dont know what it means exactly other than it sounds good
i think that at this point, there is just too much involved with proper optimization that it would be just as costly/time consuming as starting over.

i mean, why else would stupid bugs like the ops chat bug still be around since launch, if not that the devs just couldnt fix it?
The King of Bads