Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Objective: Cantina Tour San Diego [Pistols QA Session]

Pistols
07.17.2013 , 11:27 AM | #1
I created a thread nearly a month ago (here), in regards to the Cantina Tour in San Diego, and my hopes of getting some more PvP info to the community. Specifically, what the vast majority wanted to see answered, but with a special focus on Ranked play. We all know how frustrating this game has been towards the PvP gameplay, and I've done just about all the forum chest thumping I could possibly do in order to see this gameplay get better, but for the first time in my MMO life I will be getting some face to face dialogue with the gaming representitives.

Initially I asked for a Top 10, but I plan to keep it to a solid 5 issues/questions, because I doubt they're going to have time for 10 questions. I also prefer to have 5 issues/questions answered thoroughly, as opposed to 10 generic quick answers. Please note, they may not be able to answer in full detail the 5 issues/questions that will be asked, but I will do whatever it takes to push the Ranked questions to the max. So without further delay, this will be the 5 issues/question I touch on, but I welcome any feedback on the list since we just got some news from the "Summer of SWTOR" thread yesterday (especially Arenas).

Ranked Warzone Gameplay

Season One via 2.4? Ladder system via team ELO? DC'd players fix? X-server forever alone? (And more)

General Warzone Gameplay

Additional maps? Match-making system possible? Bolster, where does it stand now?

Class Balance/Bugs Gameplay

With arenas soon, any class tweaks/changes/fixes, if any? GS/Sniper "Roll-banging" immediate fix? Ability delay/GCD misfire?

Arenas Gameplay

How many maps? All TDM based? Will Arenas and Ranked be developed equally? Rewards?

World PvP Gameplay

Any chance for more Gree type events to help encourage more PvP? Can we expect anything that focuses on OWPvP?

This happens tomorrow, July 18th at 7PM, I'll be flying back down to my old stomping grounds around noon. Feel free to touch on anything, comment, etc here and I will keep a list handy. I have other tidbits I haven't listed, but I don't want everyone to think they're going to make a lot of time for one person. Lot of people frequent these greets, so I'm sure my time will be very limited. I'll do my best to garner information for the PvP community, because I think you all deserve it.

Pistols

Joesixxpack
07.17.2013 , 11:31 AM | #2
Good list, feel free to RP a few Dirty Kicks for emphasis on the most key issues.

cycao
07.17.2013 , 11:33 AM | #3
Madness assassins.

Mikeieveli
07.17.2013 , 11:35 AM | #4
Can you ask them why the details they released for the "PvP" patch were mostly PvE related?
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Pistols
07.17.2013 , 11:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeieveli View Post
Can you ask them why the details they released for the "PvP" patch were mostly PvE related?
Only if you promise to RP with me up in my Yacht.

Morde_
07.17.2013 , 11:37 AM | #6
And when they'll be elaborating on the "more information" that they mentioned?

Good work Pistols. My suggestion is to be assertive, and stick to the point. I've heard that they like to deflect questions and dodge concrete answers.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

ManiacDavis
07.17.2013 , 11:38 AM | #7
PvP content release schedule? After 2.4, should we expect 2.8 to be the next pvp update?
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

Mikeieveli
07.17.2013 , 11:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Only if you promise to RP with me up in my Yacht.

Done. Did you mean RP or LARP?
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

Pistols
07.17.2013 , 11:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post

Good work Pistols. My suggestion is to be assertive, and stick to the point. I've heard that they like to deflect questions and dodge concrete answers.
I'll be stacking over 9,000 Power, Crit & Accuracy...

Done. Did you mean RP or LARP?
Roleplay is much more personal than LARP'ing, but I do enjoy some good cybz too!

EmblemElite
07.17.2013 , 12:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post

I'm sorry but as a person who has designed computer software and a software engineer. You will almost never get a concrete answer from a developer that would be like signing your own death certificate. I think we had a whole class on giving people vague answers in college. If they give concrete answers and miss benchmarks they are damned.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5