Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant Game Crashing for no apparent reason

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Constant Game Crashing for no apparent reason
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aronnex
07.18.2013 , 02:44 AM | #11
ah ok thanks for the help hopefully taking out the sticks will stop my crashing. Also will i be able to get a test report from memtest somehow?

OwenBrooks
07.18.2013 , 02:53 AM | #12
Not that I am aware of.

It really is trial and error , if 4 sticks , pull 2 , rerun test , errors , swap those 2 for the 2 you pulled out , rerun test , if good you know it is one of the 2 you have in hand, that is when you pull one known good stick out and place one of the suspect ones in and test, if good , take out the tested suspect one and put the last stick in and test if errors , you know exactly which stick it is that way.

Hope that makes sense.

aronnex
07.18.2013 , 03:27 AM | #13
ye it does i pulled on of my sticks out and ran the test it didnt get any errors the ram im using is the kingston predator hyperx sticks get i was lucky and found the one that was buggered on the first shot hehe

OwenBrooks
07.18.2013 , 03:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by aronnex View Post
ye it does i pulled on of my sticks out and ran the test it didnt get any errors the ram im using is the kingston predator hyperx sticks get i was lucky and found the one that was buggered on the first shot hehe
Run the test on that stick to be sure, but I guess if your crashes stop too that is a good indication
glad it looks like you found the cause. Kingston are a very good brand but everything fails one day

Akmadan
07.24.2013 , 11:38 AM | #15
Hey guys!

I seem to have found my problem, It's a virus... 21 to be specific :P

I'll be cleaning up my PC, aka reinstalling the whole bloody thing and hoping it will stop my blue screen of death, and my SWTOR which is now crashing every 5 minutes at least... talk back soon!

Akmadan
07.25.2013 , 02:15 PM | #17
I'll be sure to get that...

However, my problem still persists >.< somehow...

My Blue Screens of Death have -so- farr stopped, BUT my SWTOR client keeps crashing. I've been on SWTOR not even 10 minutes, I entered Malgus' Spacestation for the Flashpoint. 2 minutes later, my game crashes to my desktop.. no message, no error no nothing...

Please any help towards this? I can't do anything! I can't play properlly. I can't make videos... (I've a youtube channel) My game is too unstable to work with.

Akmadan
07.26.2013 , 04:55 AM | #18
Yeah nevermind blue screen of death is here with the SAME bloody problem... so what do I do? I'm seriously lost... I reinstalled my whole bloody PC for god sakes, and THAT didn't help.

OwenBrooks
07.26.2013 , 05:06 AM | #19
Sorry to hear mate

have 2 trains of thought just off the top of my head , ok 3 or 4

1. Depending on Virus they will/can survive/hide during a reformat of a HDD in certain circumstances (possible)

2. Memtest86+ picking up Ram errors maybe was a ram error, not from the viruses (possible)

3. Post a dxdiag again and look at reliability history to see if it says anything about crashing now, also event viewer may have something, maybe a conflict with something else is occurring

4. you are having the worst luck, can you post a dxdiag just to look at current status of the basics again

Akmadan
07.26.2013 , 11:47 AM | #20
Spoiler

There we go.. does that help in anyway? I'm trying to fix my wow problem with the Game Masters on their side...

I'm having 3 major problems here, god >.<

Wow crashing, SWTOR crashing, and blue screen of death... which I -may- have fixed, I added up on the voltage seeing as it helped other people with the same problem as I had. IF that did not help I will update my BIOS. That's my last resort.