Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Intense, Intermittent Lag outs and Subsequent Disconnections

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Intense, Intermittent Lag outs and Subsequent Disconnections
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bowy
12.21.2011 , 11:28 AM | #1
Every minute or so I completely lag out, with my latency shooting up to well over 50k and sitting that way until the network either syncs up or results in a disconnection. No other games or applications experience this problem but tech support at Bioware is tunneling my drivers, firewalls and generally pointing to anything client side they can. Unsurprisingly this hasn't done anything to rectify my issues.

Can anyone confirm similiar experiences or perhaps whether this is server-side? I'm rolling on The Fatman, if that helps.

Regards

Calan-Fett
12.24.2011 , 03:50 AM | #2
Day after Launch was perfect, twelve hours of unforgettable and wonderful gameplay. Next day was the same. Then I went off for a while.

On my return I noticed nothing different and continued play. Then my character began running in place. Odd, but I thought it would passed. The spikes were occasional, and gameplay was largely unaffected. Later on, couldn't play for a minute without lag spikes keeping me in place for a minute, and then being disconnected.

Currently, my level 20 bounty hunter is quite alone and I'm finding this beautiful game quite unplayable. I've tried opening the ports, adding firewall exceptions, even turned off the firewall once. Nothing.

Dobranoc
12.24.2011 , 03:55 AM | #3
I'm in about the same boat, game has played fine for a week. Today it starts DC'ing every few minutes. It will then bounce back and forth between server list and character select screen.

The errors I'm getting are, 9000; 2005; and 1003.

It's growing very difficult to enjoy a story driven MMO when I'm constantly DC'ing from the story. It's like being in a theater and they stop the projector and bring up the lights every 5 minutes. Loving the game for sure, but would appreciate this being looked at.

truestatic
12.24.2011 , 04:05 AM | #4
I've been experiencing this today as well. Most of the day. The game seems to lose all connectivity for 5-60 seconds, and then comes back in to perfect sync while I watch everything that's happened play in fast forward. I have yet to get DC'd at by this.

TheKeeperr
12.24.2011 , 04:15 AM | #5
This has happened to me several times today, twice (possibly three times) resulting in my character's death. I would notice a lag in response time when clicking an action button, then mouse over the connection status and watch my lag go from a normal 20ms to over 60k (and a few times over 100k), then either re-sync or disconnect me from the server. Needless to say it's quite annoying. Just happened to me again in the middle of combat a few minutes ago (disco'd) so I'm giving up for the night. It'll be just dandy when I log in and find myself in a medical center.

dronepilot
12.24.2011 , 04:18 AM | #6
Same here. Lost count of how many times my character died because of lag issues. The cause and effect of it all.

Meage
12.24.2011 , 04:27 AM | #7
Something similar has been happening to me since early game access, but its yet to cause a disconnect. What is happening to me is when I log in I initially have my normal for my connection latency of about 65-110ms, after a couple hours I start getting massive lag spikes. These spikes for me are lasting anywhere from 30 secs to several minutes and spiking my latency from 65-110ms to 990-20,000 ms. If I wait it out, the latency drops back to playable levels eventually but does not stay for a useful amount of time, usually only a minute or two before it spikes back up. Logging out and back in fixes it for a while, but I would love for this to just not happen to begin with as it makes the game pretty unplayable for large percentages of time. I play on The Shadowlands, which is a high population server, but I don't think that is the problem.

glinbog
12.29.2011 , 03:21 PM | #8
Sigh, I DC every 5 min!

AlchemisticXL
12.29.2011 , 03:25 PM | #9
Im having a similar problem as everybody in this post. Seem to have started about a patch ago when they were addressing the queue issues. Now my latency is off the chart randomly at times.

SpiffyHenchman
12.29.2011 , 09:46 PM | #10
Same here. I can surf the internet regularly while I timeout in the game(either with laptop or as I go from 20k lag to 200k lag alt-tabbed on my desktop). Core i7 920, radeon 5850, 1mb/second connection. Normally have about 85ms lag. I think this got much worse after the last patch.

My server, Drooga's Pleasure Barge, is never full, usually it's just "Standard" whatever that means.