Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith ... They are misunderstood.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith ... They are misunderstood.

frankiejo
07.16.2013 , 12:35 PM | #11
Jedi Fanboys.

Evil is an illusion, there is only victory.
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

theUndead
07.16.2013 , 11:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by frankiejo View Post
Jedi Fanboys.

Evil is an illusion, there is only victory.
This...is simply epic. I am actually tempted to sig that if that is ok man?
Jiirn 55 Guardian, Xafom 55 Commando, Borris 55 Shadow
Acusor 55 Assasin, Turel 55 Juggernaut, Zerkes 55 Operative,
Axius 55 Sniper, Rehish 55 Mercenary, Moxes 55 Powertech,
Referral link For free stuff and coins
Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)

Jenzali
07.17.2013 , 01:21 AM | #13
The point is that both dark and light are ideologies, or religions even. Both have their flaws. Following only one side without compromise will lead you and your society to ruin as seen countless times throughout the Star Wars timeline, whether it's the Brotherhood of Darkness, the prequel era Jedi Order, or the Banite Order with the Rule of Two, the list goes on and on.

For Sith, the ends justify the means.
For Jedi, the means justify the end.

It's easy to see why both are doomed to fail.

The successes have incorporated elements of both. Palpatine exercised restraint and control rather than unbridled passion to reach his position of power. Luke courted the Dark Side to defeat Vader. The Chosen One had to become a Jedi, a dark Jedi, and then a Sith before he could reach redemption.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Sarlegant
07.17.2013 , 08:02 AM | #14
Luke courted the darkside to defaet Vader???
More nonsense posted to misrepresent what actually happened... Vader threatened Liea, Luke got upset and went offensive. There was no courting the darkside, as if he contemplated or planned what he was doing.

The Jedi and Sith are not oppisites... Sith want to control power for themselves... Jedi preserve the Republic... Sith don't justify anything, means or ends. Posting poetic nonsense doesn't make the Sith any less sociapathic.

I keep reading about this ying and yang where dark or light can't exist without the other... more poetic nonsense... Sith and Jedi can quite easily live without the other, function without the other.
Sith could conquer the universe, and then conquer each other... Jedi could just revert back to being a police force, teachers, scholars whatever.

And yes, the great Darth Sidious... good story, one problem. Sidious had no endgame. He destroyed the Jedi order, changed the Republic into the Empire, and then what? For all of his darkside power, he could have just been a shrewd politician and done the same thing. He built a DeathStar to do what with... destroy his own empire? The DeathStar never made any sense to me, other than a plot object for the Rebels.

frankiejo
07.17.2013 , 11:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
Spoiler
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

Jenzali
07.17.2013 , 02:54 PM | #16
More nonsense posted to misrepresent what actually happened... Vader threatened Liea, Luke got upset and went offensive. There was no courting the darkside, as if he contemplated or planned what he was doing.
Failing to control your emotions is the path to the dark side. Fear of losing those you are attached to (Leia), or even forming attachments in the first place, is the path to the dark side. It's stated pretty clearly in SW lore. The great Jedi masters like Yoda did not simply "get upset and go offensive".
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Path-x
07.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The Sith species was shaped by the Dark Side of the Force and so were the teachings of the Sith, it is Darwinism, the Rule of Two is extremist Darwinism.
Well Capitalism is Darwinism, and I am sure Republic runs it on a massive scale.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Girdeux
07.17.2013 , 04:23 PM | #18
It isnt nonsense, as the movie implies he uses it and the ROTJ Novel states he used the dark side to beat Vader.

LadyKulvax
07.17.2013 , 04:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Well Capitalism is Darwinism, and I am sure Republic runs it on a massive scale.
Darwinism in economics and Darwinism as a way of life and (as far as the Sith go) death, are two entirely different things.
"True power, is not the ability to destroy an opponent, on the contrary, true power lies in words, for words can create and destroy civilisations, a lightsaber or a gout of lightning cannot."
Power Victory

Sarlegant
07.18.2013 , 07:14 AM | #20
well I see more of having it both ways nonsense...
for Jedi, failing to control emotions is the path to the darkside...
for Sith, well do they fail to control emotions, or embrace the emotions

so, for Luke, getting upset was on the path...
how long is this path?

lets review... Anakin killed all the sand people... he married... concieved children... killed Dooku... sliced Mace's hand off... became a Sith Apprentice... killed the Jedi temple... choked his wife... fought his friend ... murdered and maimed for 20 years... this is a "long" path, to which at the end he was still lightside.

so I guess it's a good thing Luke calmed down, otherwise his fall to the darkside would have been complete.

nevermind... some novel written after the movie stated he used the darkside.