Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did they fix Slicing Lockboxes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Did they fix Slicing Lockboxes

asbalana
08.01.2013 , 12:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MokiDono View Post
I am a sub also, and i have 10k influence with T7, and still... it refuses to crit on unsliceable. The last crit i had on unslicable was with Rusk, because i was so desperate and anoyed that i sent out random crewmembers for that mission.
Don't get discouraged. It is the wacky world of SWTOR and it's version of frustrate players with RNG.

Over the last two weeks, I have run a ton of Slicing missions (both rich and bountiful) on all sorts of affection level companions and had many many hits. I did not track the percentages, but it seems like much more than my fair share. I now have a number of stacks of TRs sitting in my cargo hold. I would never sell them, because if I ever needed them I would probably not be able to buy a crit for love or money. Besides, the last thing I need is credits.

Rule 1. in the SWTOR RNG circus - If you need it, you ain't going to get it. If you don't, it comes in buckets.

PS - This has nothing to do with the lockbox missions which still seem to be borked.

psandak
08.01.2013 , 04:00 PM | #22
And I have been running all the bountiful and rich slicing missions and gotten all kinds of crits.

Let me ask you this - are you changing areas/relogging to get Unsliceble? If so consider not doing that. I run the missions presented to me. I only take advantage of the changing areas when I am about to change areas anyway (like when the queue pops for an FP). This morning, going through all five of my my characters, I got three UT metals crits and two slicing crits (one lockbox, one sliced parts); all 450 skill.

Prototypemind
08.02.2013 , 03:55 PM | #23
Might just be happenstance, but it seems like if I run the top slicing missions just before I log I come back to crits more often than just running them normally in the course of doing other things in game. Dunno.

Maiden_A
08.04.2013 , 06:08 AM | #24
Yeah I only use the credit box missions to crit but all I have is loads of UT and Arch missions stacked up.
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Don't get discouraged. It is the wacky world of SWTOR and it's version of frustrate players with RNG.

Rule 1. in the SWTOR RNG circus - If you need it, you ain't going to get it. If you don't, it comes in buckets.
Truer words have never been spoken. I am almost certain it is sentient some days.

Anishor
08.04.2013 , 08:48 AM | #25
Why would you run credit missions? Thermal Regulators sell for more than you could ever get from even a crit mission.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Hassat-Hunter
08.04.2013 , 08:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Why would you run credit missions? Thermal Regulators sell for more than you could ever get from even a crit mission.
I run credit missions too.
And while thermals sell for that, regular blue ones sell for far far less. Lockboxes generally make it even, and the missions sell well.
So I see no reason to run item either...

Ryenke
08.04.2013 , 05:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Why?

Those of us who have been burned by hundreds of thou on the two missions that are supposed to crit Thermal Regs and never do - we've learned better. Do the less expensive lockbox missions, and get the occasional Slicing Wealthy mission.

Before I gave up, I had sunk over 100,000 for a total of 6 thermal regs through regular missions. And the chips I did get did not even sell at cost on GTN.

I now have enough thermal regs to keep my main chars in top augments. Way less expensive for me to run lockbox missions than never to crit on the parts missions.

Hassat-Hunter
08.04.2013 , 07:11 PM | #28
Yup. Did 2 runs on slicing parts thinking maybe I missed something, 1 crit. Only 2 parts, no missions, just a stupid schematic.
EDIT: 1 crit giving purples. The other crits only gave more items that are way less worth than the mission cost.
Also they take about 50% longer than lockbox missions...

So, went back to slicing only knowing it was the best choice...

Sarielle
08.04.2013 , 08:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
Before I gave up, I had sunk over 100,000 for a total of 6 thermal regs through regular missions.
At least on my server, that's still a decent profit.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

Baldak
08.08.2013 , 03:35 AM | #30
Another update, this one a major deal, and the 401+ lockbox missions are still not yielding what they should.
I'll take the stupid one, who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us
when he had the chance.

Referal Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/c4m6dD