Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Nature of the Force


Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.13.2013 , 07:50 AM | #11
A few additional thoughts on this:

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together, right? Its deeply connected to life itself, so it stands to reason that it would be deeply affected by the mental state of those who use it. Emotions must have a profound impact on the Force, as must a state of inner peace. Essentially the mindset of a Force user leaves an imprint on the Force itself, and that imprint is either light or dark.

I feel this would explain why its impossible to simply be grey and just draw on the Force, to not have an alignment. I mean try and clear your mind of everything, all your emotions, even a state of calm. Its impossible. At least for a mortal being. Perhaps by being immortal, by being a Celestial i.e. the Ones one is able to draw on the Force without leaving an imprint on it. Which in turn is why its perhaps possible for the Father to be neutral.

One things for sure, this topic is fascinating.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
07.13.2013 , 07:58 AM | #12
The Ones are impossible to reconcile with the Force, because the Ones are literally manifestations of it, but only one set of manifestations, there have been others, many others that have appeared through time besides them, I stand by the clear evidence that the Dark Side was created in the beginning by the mass usage of hate and anger, by mass killings committed with it's power, this was mirrored in the Force and manifested as the Dark Side itself.

Taking into account beings like the Celestials and others muddies the waters far too much.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

LongestShot's Avatar


LongestShot
07.13.2013 , 08:47 AM | #13
The Force is simply a white light. The Force user or nexus is simply a lens that reflects, refracts and filters that light and we see light and dark side in the colours and patterns that result from the lens. The light is always the same.

Aximand's Avatar


Aximand
07.13.2013 , 10:44 AM | #14
G-Canon already tells us that the Jedi's interpretation of the Force is the most correct in all of Star Wars.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.13.2013 , 11:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The Ones are impossible to reconcile with the Force, because the Ones are literally manifestations of it, but only one set of manifestations, there have been others, many others that have appeared through time besides them, I stand by the clear evidence that the Dark Side was created in the beginning by the mass usage of hate and anger, by mass killings committed with it's power, this was mirrored in the Force and manifested as the Dark Side itself.

Taking into account beings like the Celestials and others muddies the waters far too much.
Clear evidence? The Ones came before the Rakata, the Son used the dark side, therefore the Rakata cannot have created the dark side of the Force by corrupting it - its simply impossible. And as far as I'm aware they are unique.

But surely by being literal manifestations of the Force makes them closest to its nature?

Regardless, the Ones are the first recorded Force users in galactic history. And given that the Celestials are pretty much the first sentient species, and more importantly theorised by the Jedi and the Sith to be in control of the balance between light and dark, coupled with the fact that the Ones are a George Lucas creation makes them impossible to ignore. Whether they muddy the waters or not is irrelevant, they happened.

That said I don't really see your point, the Ones are a pretty clear cut metaphor for the Force itself - which clearly states that the Force requires balance between light and dark. If the dark side was simply a corruption of the Force, why is balance required? Surely balance would be eradicating the dark side altogether.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.13.2013 , 11:37 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LongestShot View Post
The Force is simply a white light. The Force user or nexus is simply a lens that reflects, refracts and filters that light and we see light and dark side in the colours and patterns that result from the lens. The light is always the same.
Nice analogy.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.13.2013 , 11:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Nice analogy.
That's actually very in-line with what the Agni-Tii believe

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.13.2013 , 01:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
That's actually very in-line with what the Agni-Tii believe
Oh the rainbow dudes?

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
07.13.2013 , 01:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh the rainbow dudes?
Ben well twice now you've put it in much better and clearer terms than I ever could.

You nailed it spot on. But there are IMO many different ways to look at the force. Fallenassi with the White current, which if you read the books, luke thinks that is just the river flowing from the Ocean. Or the Ang Ti and the rainbow.

There are many disciplines that can look at how the force work.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DewyMossEmpire's Avatar


DewyMossEmpire
07.13.2013 , 04:27 PM | #20
My biggest philosophy about the Force, in short, is that yes, there are indeed a Light & Dark side to the Force because of its usage or natural corruption in some cases. But what are the actual desires of the Force itself? For me, I believe that the Force would want to be used as an unrestricted power, without bias to the Light or Dark. How could this be possible though? Well that is the mysterious part. It's only truly been talked about with Kreia, & that is why we never see that type of Force usage anywhere else or with anyone else. It's blasphemy in terms of looking at it from the point of view of the Dark or Light, & the practice itself would be incredibly dangerous, & one might even say impossible for a mortal to comprehend or control.

So, in short, the Force (at least from what we know now) would be impossible to control as the Force itself desires.