Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Jedi are taking over!


Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 04:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
It's called casual (play style).
Its called outright lazy.

Seravie's Avatar


Seravie
07.05.2013 , 04:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Ah, the good old "dictate" argument.

Nope, if people want to spend their money into buying cartel coins and buy it, thats fine by me, I cant stop them. But i'm pretty annoyed that these people are allowed to bypass the legacy requirement just because they bought it with Cartel Coins.

Its a big slap in the face for all those legacy 50 players.

Obtaining Treek now, the accomplishment and satisfaction has considerably dropped knowing the news that people can outright buy it using CC and bypassing the legacy requirement.

Answer me this, If I said "People should'nt be allowed to level a character instantly to 55"...would that be me dictating?
Heh, i guess you're more into dictating how others should feel satisfied with something. Instead of trying to control how other people play you should seek self-satisfaction. In life there will always be people with money. There are those who think that building your own shed is far more satisfying than those who have people build it for them. There are going to be those who are born with a silver spoon, and those who work to get to that level. But instead of being angry and trying to take away that silver spoon, why not try to work towards it?
It wouldn't bother me, because what I do with my account is my own business, if they feel like the satisfaction of the game is at end game, let them think that, but I wouldn't care nonetheless.
Those who seek attention and post they are unsubbing are much like wailing babies wanting attention.

RenegadeRukus's Avatar


RenegadeRukus
07.05.2013 , 04:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Firstly, buying cartel coins with real money and purchasing Treek without a legacy requirement has hardly any "play style" in it because there's literally no playing involved.

I don't see why there should be 2 options on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Theres one end where you have to work for your credits AND to get legacy 40...the other...buy cartel coins and instantly get the same thing.

Do you not see the problem with that?
Do you also have a problem with unlocking the character and legacy perks with cartel coins? Because that was implemented forever ago (exaggeration) but seems to be nearly the same idea. I mean yeah, the unlocked perks aren't a useless npc (minus the mail,repair,gtn,ect.) but those are ok... Right? Or maybe you weren't bothered by the collections system only being cc unlocked? If you are JUST now seeing this trend rolling in, you're late to the party...

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
07.05.2013 , 05:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Its called outright lazy.
Wrong. Some people don't play games all day/night. You just want to push your play style on to everyone else, and anyone that doesn't do it your way is doing it wrong. You lack the ability to see things from the other side. Something I see more and more of these days.

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 05:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Seravie View Post
Heh, i guess you're more into dictating how others should feel satisfied with something. Instead of trying to control how other people play you should seek self-satisfaction. In life there will always be people with money. There are those who think that building your own shed is far more satisfying than those who have people build it for them. There are going to be those who are born with a silver spoon, and those who work to get to that level. But instead of being angry and trying to take away that silver spoon, why not try to work towards it?
It wouldn't bother me, because what I do with my account is my own business, if they feel like the satisfaction of the game is at end game, let them think that, but I wouldn't care nonetheless.
I see your point.

But the fact is this is a game. It should be separate to real life. Everyone in this game should have an equal chance/opportunity of obtaining something, regardless if they're rich or poor in real life.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 05:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I see your point.

But the fact is this is a game. It should be separate to real life. Everyone in this game should have an equal chance/opportunity of obtaining something, regardless if they're rich or poor in real life.
But it is an equal. Everyone has the same options to Wait to unlock it via level 40 + credits or use CC to get it right away. Everyone has that option. No one is being excluded.

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 05:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Wrong. Some people don't play games all day/night. You just want to push your play style on to everyone else, and anyone that doesn't do it your way is doing it wrong. You lack the ability to see things from the other side. Something I see more and more of these days.
I dont see the other side because I don't throw my money at the screen. I like to do things the old fashioned way by you know....spending time actually playing the game to earn something...

Unfortunately people are now allowed to buy things with real money because they may be richer than me, they get to bypass the legacy requirement and get the thing instantly because they gave them more money.

Its these kinds of things which are ruining MMOs...theres no meaning to anything anymore, everythings just a fast track now.

chimex's Avatar


chimex
07.05.2013 , 05:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Its called outright lazy.
Oh cr&p, I'm sorry. And I was there blowing all my time and energy on a career........
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
07.05.2013 , 05:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I see your point.

But the fact is this is a game. It should be separate to real life. Everyone in this game should have an equal chance/opportunity of obtaining something, regardless if they're rich or poor in real life.
Which is exactly why they have the different options.

Ayelinna's Avatar


Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 05:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
But it is an equal. Everyone has the same options to Wait to unlock it via level 40 + credits or use CC to get it right away. Everyone has that option. No one is being excluded.
Well its not equal is it?

It takes more time and effort to get the credits and to get to level 40 legacy than it does to buy cartel coins and buy it straight away.

There needs to be a legacy requirement regardless if people pay CC or credits.