Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 11:32 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
You say "hey guys, this is my first time" or some other variant. There ya go.

I'll explain tactics from here to kingdom come to people that say that.

My issue, again is people entering content that requires 66 purple on all team members,And I get anything from 61 to 44 gear, from green to purp, on ALL of my team. messing up my flashpoint, and sending back to the lovely GF queue as a DPS.

Zilik
07.06.2013 , 11:50 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
I'll explain tactics from here to kingdom come to people that say that.

My issue, again is people entering content that requires 66 purple on all team members,And I get anything from 61 to 44 gear, from green to purp, on ALL of my team. messing up my flashpoint, and sending back to the lovely GF queue as a DPS.
Agreed, someone coherent enough to say its his first run AND listen to the suggestions is fine, except when that same person, regardless of his "L33T" skills or whatever, is wearing 48 quest greens and simply mathematically does not have the numbers to beat the encounter.

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 12:32 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post
Furthermore, that's what votekick is for. and if your entire group is undergeared, ask them to votekick you.
Wouldn't it be much simpler if the game just wouldn't let people queue for stuff they don't have the gear for? There are already gear requirements associated with instances. The UI shows them to you. It should enforce them by making the checkbox for the instance unavailable if you're not wearing appropriate level gear with appropriate stats for your role.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 12:39 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Wouldn't it be much simpler if the game just wouldn't let people queue for stuff they don't have the gear for? There are already gear requirements associated with instances. The UI shows them to you. It should enforce them by making the checkbox for the instance unavailable if you're not wearing appropriate level gear with appropriate stats for your role.
jackpot

SturmUndSterne
07.06.2013 , 12:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
So, as has been stated in this thread, if a guild chooses to carry an undergeared DPS through an instance to get them some gear, they should not have that option if they fail the gear check?

And my first post was - as some people did figure out - that if the entire group is bad, and you get votekicked, you won't have a lockout and can re-queue, whereas if you quit you get a lockout. Better to just be kicked than to be locked.

Stating that there's a "minimum gear level" for ALL CONTENT is laughable. I've cleared all four of the 55 hmfp in gear ranging from 58s to 72s, in all three roles. It simply does NOT require 66s unless you don't know how to play your class. When the developers state that Lost Island was clearable in Tionese - and it was - yet 50% or more of PUG groups couldn't clear it in rakata+, then gear isn't the problem. You can't put a "skill check" in the game, and that's where the difficulty lies.

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 12:47 PM | #46
But yeah what gets me is that I get the lockout. The only one with the proper gear in it, why is this happening
Because the possession of things isn't the only criterion determining if you can or cannot do a thing, likely.

grombrinda
07.06.2013 , 12:48 PM | #47
hang on, I have a theory of what's going on here but I'd best double check it.

so basically.. in a 55 HM with me being the dps with 30k HP and full 66, with 2 odd 72 barrels ,and the others having 23k at most on 61 gear , 44 armorings, blue level 50 chest pieces,and green implants,

Are you, by any chance, deducting that i am the one in the wrong? and i should be the one getting (or asking) the kick? Because I kind of doubt of being able to systematically kicking out every other team member .

A guy being in the wrong for being 66+ geared in a 66 required Flashpoint with all the other players vastly undergeared, that is priceless.
Umm you do know that you have the option to NOT use the GF and find people of like mind , Other wise deal with what the group finder gives ya.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Ryluk_Shouja
07.06.2013 , 12:49 PM | #48
So, as has been stated in this thread, if a guild chooses to carry an undergeared DPS through an instance to get them some gear, they should not have that option if they fail the gear check?

And my first post was - as some people did figure out - that if the entire group is bad, and you get votekicked, you won't have a lockout and can re-queue, whereas if you quit you get a lockout. Better to just be kicked than to be locked.

Stating that there's a "minimum gear level" for ALL CONTENT is laughable. I've cleared all four of the 55 hmfp in gear ranging from 58s to 72s, in all three roles. It simply does NOT require 66s unless you don't know how to play your class. When the developers state that Lost Island was clearable in Tionese - and it was - yet 50% or more of PUG groups couldn't clear it in rakata+, then gear isn't the problem. You can't put a "skill check" in the game, and that's where the difficulty lies.
So set a gear check for pugs. If you choose to run the instance vastly undergeared with guildies, walk in.

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 12:55 PM | #49
They would not have the option to do it via Group Finder. The gear check is for Group Finder, not for entering the instance.

If the guild wanted to carry someone through the instance, they would simply have to do it without Group Finder.

Then you have to act like a jerkwad to get kicked. That's a poor approach.

There is a gear level associated with Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 55) in Group Finder - Item Rating 148. There is also a gear level associated with Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 50) in Group Finder - Item Rating 126. There is also a gear level associated with Story Mode Operations (8 Players) in Group Finder - Item Rating 126 for 50's and 156 for 55's.

Those should be enforced by the tool.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 01:34 PM | #50

Yeah, like walking in a club with a dress-code to dress elegantly. 4 people walk in, one matching the dress-code, the other ones wearing tracksuits. Yeah, of course the bouncers should let in the 3 tracksuits, and the well-dressed one needs to tell the tracksuits that he's going back home cuz he's the only one dressed properly for the club.

Wut?