Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.05.2013 , 10:42 AM | #1
I am a healer at 55. A dps at 55. and a tank at 55.

as a dps I know what awaits me for entering gf queue. That's not what I'm going to rant about.

I'm ranting about the fact that we get (clueless) people queueing up in level 55 HMs with blue level 44 armorings on them. Just had a whole group of em, the most powerful one had 1 69 item, and green implants, and not even the latest ones.

Mandalorian raiders 55 HM. Naturally, cc for this group is overrated, and of course we get shredded when we get 5 salky hounds jumping on us in 1 go.

Keep going in, keep dying. Had enough as we wouldn't stand a chance. But yeah what gets me is that I get the lockout. The only one with the proper gear in it, why is this happening, why does any dps have to wait another hour in GF because of people that... don't know... Can't read?

It is evident most people can't, so yeah,although I believe this was already done, I request once again an automated gear checker for group finder, at least for the high level end game content.

And yeah also if you could implement a queue status for the group finder it would also be appreciated. Thanks for reading me out

Heezdedjim
07.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #2
No...

Tachenko_Yuri
07.05.2013 , 11:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
No...
why?access to the 55 HMs (28 armors,mods,enhs,hilts,barrels) can be crafted or peeled off the GTN , without stabs, mass manipulation, or any of that fancy ops material required.

Why should I have my flashpoint ruined for people that can't be bothered to read requirements, or are deliberately ignoring them hoping that the rest of the team carries them through?

CKHelseth
07.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #4
Still no.

They can be run in Dreadguard/Campaign so the 28 requirement isn't going to work as that gear isn't necessary. Nice sure but not needed. Additionally I would rather not have my alts and guild members alts barred from it when we opt to pull people through.
Guild Leader - Solatium (Imp)/Pandalorians(Pub)
Maren - Sniper Krysar - Juggernaut Catface - Starfighter

SturmUndSterne
07.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5
Furthermore, that's what votekick is for. and if your entire group is undergeared, ask them to votekick you.

ImpactHound
07.05.2013 , 11:17 AM | #6
It's a good idea. Everybody trashed WoW for implementing item level checks for random matchmaking in instanced dungeons and raids, but it's there for a very good reason. You don't have to be overgeared for the instance, but at least be at a bare minimum where it's mathematically possible for you to be a real contributor.

Too many people have sour memories over the (community implemented!) gear checks in Wrath of the Lich King for open raiding. It doesn't happen in WoW anymore, and likely won't happen in Star Wars, but there needs to be a clearly defined line drawn in the sand that walking into a flashpoint with 5-level-below greens means you cannot do your job in a flashpoint.

CKHelseth
07.05.2013 , 11:20 AM | #7
There is a vote kick system just for this issue.
Guild Leader - Solatium (Imp)/Pandalorians(Pub)
Maren - Sniper Krysar - Juggernaut Catface - Starfighter

Andryah
07.05.2013 , 11:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
I am a healer at 55. A dps at 55. and a tank at 55.

as a dps I know what awaits me for entering gf queue. That's not what I'm going to rant about.

I'm ranting about the fact that we get (clueless) people queueing up in level 55 HMs with blue level 44 armorings on them. Just had a whole group of em, the most powerful one had 1 69 item, and green implants, and not even the latest ones.

Mandalorian raiders 55 HM. Naturally, cc for this group is overrated, and of course we get shredded when we get 5 salky hounds jumping on us in 1 go.

Keep going in, keep dying. Had enough as we wouldn't stand a chance. But yeah what gets me is that I get the lockout. The only one with the proper gear in it, why is this happening, why does any dps have to wait another hour in GF because of people that... don't know... Can't read?

It is evident most people can't, so yeah,although I believe this was already done, I request once again an automated gear checker for group finder, at least for the high level end game content.

And yeah also if you could implement a queue status for the group finder it would also be appreciated. Thanks for reading me out
You would need a brain_check, a gives_a_crap check, and a_can_walk_and_chew_gum check as well.

It's a casual game. Learn to relax and play more casually. Everything is not a crisis. MMOs present challenges of all sorts, including with the players.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
07.05.2013 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CKHelseth View Post
There is a vote kick system just for this issue.
Exactly.

This MMO is about giving players choices, not canning them as sardines or cannon fodder for the intense players use.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Tachenko_Yuri
07.05.2013 , 11:26 AM | #10
hang on, I have a theory of what's going on here but I'd best double check it.

so basically.. in a 55 HM with me being the dps with 30k HP and full 66, with 2 odd 72 barrels ,and the others having 23k at most on 61 gear , 44 armorings, blue level 50 chest pieces,and green implants,

Are you, by any chance, deducting that i am the one in the wrong? and i should be the one getting (or asking) the kick? Because I kind of doubt of being able to systematically kicking out every other team member .

A guy being in the wrong for being 66+ geared in a 66 required Flashpoint with all the other players vastly undergeared, that is priceless.