Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BC PVP 2.2 and Beyond Records

bsbrad
07.20.2013 , 04:31 PM | #61
Okay the argument is null and void, I just beat Thorazines score

Name: N'bi
Screenshot Link: http://imgur.com/aXPvKGu
Record Broken: 1st for Most Killing Blows
Value: 17
Type of Match: Unranked
Date of SS taken: 7.20.13
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

SimplyKupo
07.20.2013 , 09:00 PM | #62
I'd like to weigh in on this if it's ok as I'm a bit confused why there's an argument to begin with. XD If you tie yourself, what's the point of posting it? You already proved you can hit the number and that's what the leaderboard is for, isn't it? It's to show who can hit the highest numbers, not who can hold the most places.

If you had 19 killing blows and then you get 20, the 19 should be removed because you just hit 20. Hitting 20 makes it rather obvious you can also hit 19, 18, etc. And if you hit 20 again, then... good! But it shouldn't count as another spot unless it's a different toon. With a different toon it helps display the skill of the player behind the class mechanics and roles. Although mirror class toons are pretty redundant, I wouldn't get that nit-picky about it.

That's just my six pence on the matter and as I'm not even on any of the spots, you can totally dismiss it if you wish. Perhaps we just all have different ideas of what a leaderboard should be. D:

Oh and Zu, I agree that the class specific way would be best but I think that'd be way too much to handle not to mention it'd be too much info to want to read through imo. Plus it's kind of awesome when/if an "underdog" class can take a higher number. I know I've seen Chex pull some amazing healing with that merc. o_o

EDIT: Lastly, that killing blows example wasn't meant to be calling you out in any way Thorazine, in case that's how it reads. It's just an easy example to use as it seems to have sparked the conversation.
The Kupo Legacy
Lydiah is bad... Pichan is worse

Xantil
07.20.2013 , 09:15 PM | #63
Name: Kirov
Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/4ONdelm.jpg
Record Broken: Most Killing Blows in a Warzone
Value: 21
Type of Match : Unranked
Date of SS taken: 7/19/2013

Name: Wolfbane
Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/agGaOBD.jpg
Record Broken: 3rd for Most Medals in a Warzone
Value: 22
Date of SS taken: 7/18/2013

Name: Wolfbane*
Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/fHTfGE1.jpg
Record Broken:2nd Most Protection in a Single Life
Value: 581127
Date of SS taken: 7/14/2013
*Forgot to put the date on this one and saw a post before that was getting backed by vouchers. I can get people in this wz to vouch for me that this was a recent match on this date.

Also, the killing blows needs to be advertised more, pretty sure people have over 30+ killing blows in a warzone, but no one is really posting for the record.
Wolfbane Kirov Kiirov

Xantil
07.20.2013 , 09:21 PM | #64
My two cents, I agree with the majority of the posters. If Liscil (or whoever) has multiple numbers that are a record, he/she/it deserves to have multiple record spots. I'm constantly sitting behind Liscil's numbers and I'm okay with that and it gives me more motivation to try to break his records. This shouldn't be a thread where everyone is rewarded for being a tank, healer or dps (even though this would only be top 3). If you want to be on the record, knock MY 3rd place record off, don't ask for 2nd place to be removed because it's the same guy.
Wolfbane Kirov Kiirov

Saskwach
07.20.2013 , 10:43 PM | #65
Itoa
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1360958.jpg
Record: ranked protection #1
Value: 574812
This was a ranked match.
Date taken: near midnight, 7/20/2013

CKHelseth
07.20.2013 , 11:36 PM | #66
You can look at posting multiple stats one of two ways.

First, they can be tracked like sports statistics. In this case home runs hit in a season. The top six entries on the list are as follows;

Bonds - 73
McGwire - 70
Sosa - 66
McGwire - 65
Sosa - 64
Sosa - 63

The same player can be on the list multiple times because each total is from a different season. Even if the total is the same number it is still listed (as is Griffey Jr.'s who has hit 56 home runs in two separate seasons). This point of view supports the listing of one players scores from different matches even if it means that they take up every spot on the list. This approach supports having the same player's different scores posted in each top spot if they are still the highest scores submitted.

The second way of looking at this is that the leader boards are here to highlight the best PvP players on the server. If one player is already holding a top spot is it necessary that they hold all of them? It is clear that this player is able to post high numbers by the highest number they have managed. It could be argued that only allowing one entry for each player will allow other players to be ranked as the second or third highest individual on these leader boards and get them recognition as well for their effort and skill. It doesn't take away from what the number one player has accomplished and includes more players on the leader boards.

Just a thought. Both ideas have merits and justifications. My personal opinion would be to go with the second option. I don't feel the person is the number one spot loses any respect from the community because only the top score submitted are counted for the leader boards.
Guild Leader - Solatium (Imp)/Pandalorians(Pub)
Maren - Sniper Krysar - Juggernaut Catface - Starfighter

ZooMzy
07.21.2013 , 02:04 AM | #67
Got into a match with 23 killing blows but the damn print screen button failed >:0

Anyway, wanted to update my number here for the spot for Most Medals in a Single WZ (Unranked):

Name: Zuhara
Screenshot Link: http://files-cloud.enjin.com/475090/...ll/1361134.jpg
Record Broken: Number 1 Spot for Most Medals Earned in a Single WZ
Value: 24
Date of SS taken: 7/21/2013

Pride_Lion
07.21.2013 , 09:33 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
Got into a match with 23 killing blows but the damn print screen button failed >:0

Anyway, wanted to update my number here for the spot for Most Medals in a Single WZ (Unranked):

Name: Zuhara
Screenshot Link: http://files-cloud.enjin.com/475090/...ll/1361134.jpg
Record Broken: Number 1 Spot for Most Medals Earned in a Single WZ
Value: 24
Date of SS taken: 7/21/2013
Yeah Zu the print screen button for SWTOR is terrible, I've lost out on many records due to it. I personally am going to start Fraps shotting it instead as I'm sick of losing my better records.
Odian || Ryydor
The Bastion
Begeren Colony

AntonMercer
07.21.2013 , 11:34 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Xantil View Post
Name: Wolfbane*
Screenshot Link: http://i.imgur.com/fHTfGE1.jpg
Record Broken:2nd Most Protection in a Single Life
Value: 581127
Date of SS taken: 7/14/2013
*Forgot to put the date on this one and saw a post before that was getting backed by vouchers. I can get people in this wz to vouch for me that this was a recent match on this date.
Also, the killing blows needs to be advertised more, pretty sure people have over 30+ killing blows in a warzone, but no one is really posting for the record.
Yeah I would require you to get someone to post a SS that matches yours in order for you to get credit just like Zu did for itoa, and I agree that KBs need to be advertised more. As such, This will be the last week ppl can post for the 1st challenge! Come on ppl 75k up for grabs per category! The next challenge will be a KB challenge so stay tuned for that!. All records have been updated to reflect current posts. If anything is amiss please let me know.

Now.. concerning the discussion we have been having. I believe I came up with a compromise and will make a new post about it after I fix the code and rules to reflect it.
DEAD ON ARRIVAL
The Starbrenner Legacy
Anttonius - Officer/Raid Leader
http://doa-swtor.enjin.com/home

AntonMercer
07.21.2013 , 04:09 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by AntonMercer View Post
3) To keep a standard median we will use all in-game statistics - This includes DPS, I understand you can calculate it however the game for some reason has its own set of equations and conditions so to make everything standard we will follow the built in counter.
ADDENDUM 1: Same character postings are allowed, BUT there is a restriction. Same character records can hold up to 3 ranks(in any order and number) as a maximum. See the revised NOTE under Tie-Breakers for rule on same character ties.
4) Screenshots must be of max level pvp (Sub-Bracket does not qualify)
ADDENDUM 1: If you forget to put the phrase or date in the screenshot; please have someone else who was in the same warzone in which you are trying to claim a record post their SS. It will not be accepted if YOU post someone else's SS to validate your own SS.
Tie-Breakers:
1. Deaths
2. Kills
3. Damage Done/Healing Done
NOTE: In accordance with the new rule, all ties involving the same character will be defaulted to the rank below the tie record, and any ties after 3 rank places with follow tiebreaker rules and replace the original if it wins.
Ok... So I believe I came up with a solution that most people can agree to, and if you do not... then I am sorry you feel that way.

Spoiler

Now I am still open to discuss, but I feel this is the best way to move forward, and I hope most of our PVP community can be happy with this. I did, also, consider going the advance class route, but I believe someone else said that would be way to much to do and read, and I agree with that statement.

Since this is a new direction for the thread ALL RECORDS WILL BE WIPED!

... Just kidding, but any records that were bumped off when I updated this morning before adding the ranks will not be put back on.
DEAD ON ARRIVAL
The Starbrenner Legacy
Anttonius - Officer/Raid Leader
http://doa-swtor.enjin.com/home