Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BC PVP 2.2 and Beyond Records


ZooMzy's Avatar


ZooMzy
02.27.2014 , 02:47 PM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by xContex View Post
With that logic tanks should get heal credit because they assist healers through guard lol.
If that were the case, the actual topic of discussion would be healers getting credit for damage numbers DPS put out, not assists in kills.

So simply put, no, that's not what the logic indicates. If there was a number indicating how many lives were saved by heals, then yes, tanks would get a huge number through Protection points.

J_Fred's Avatar


J_Fred
02.27.2014 , 03:48 PM | #542
Remember the days when PvP records were being kept by actual PvPers....good times...

AntonMercer's Avatar


AntonMercer
02.27.2014 , 03:51 PM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by xContex View Post
With that logic tanks should get heal credit because they assist healers through guard lol.
lol. That was funny

Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
Remember the days when PvP records were being kept by actual PvPers....good times...
Oh I pvp. I'm just not the hardcore, stay in que the entire time you are logged in, sort of PVPer. This actually keeps me a little more unbiased in PVP discussions.
DEAD ON ARRIVAL
The Starbrenner Legacy
Anttonius - Officer/Raid Leader
http://doa-swtor.enjin.com/home

AdrianDmitruk's Avatar


AdrianDmitruk
02.27.2014 , 04:00 PM | #544
It'd be very interesting to see record categories by AC.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Nayrhollis's Avatar


Nayrhollis
02.27.2014 , 04:10 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
Name: Myrmedon
Screenshot Link: http://i58.tinypic.com/atm7ms.jpg
Record Broken: Highest Overall Protection #2
Value: 918,940
Type of Match: Unranked 8v8
Date of SS taken: 2/23/14
That record I previously posted was my friends...and no he gets the #4 slot because Myrmedon posted this AFTER ant updated the records. So that will put myrm at #2 with his new record AND MOVING HIS OWN 900k RECORD TO #3 and putting Crathor's at #4. Good game math and eyesight. Games might be a little too much for those with sensitive eyesight. Just saying.....<3 good duo btw...so damn annoying to try to kill...
Canin
"Where is the nine hells did you ever get the notion that I would fight fair?"
"You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one!"
"I main concealment...what is your point?"

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
02.27.2014 , 06:51 PM | #546
And this is why I don't give a **** about ground PvP lol. I play on my slinger and enjoy it playing against the people who aren't complaining here and that's about it. You kids have fun. I'll continue blowing people up in my Flashfire <3
Klehitt Cletah Camel
Guild Master of Don't Worry Bout It
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony

xContex's Avatar


xContex
02.27.2014 , 10:01 PM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
If that were the case, the actual topic of discussion would be healers getting credit for damage numbers DPS put out, not assists in kills.

So simply put, no, that's not what the logic indicates. If there was a number indicating how many lives were saved by heals, then yes, tanks would get a huge number through Protection points.
I don't think you comprehend what I am saying. Let me break it down for you so you can understand.

Heals assist the entire team through heals therefore they get credit for the DPS KILLING the opposing player -> Your statement

Tanks assist the healers in keeping them alive thru guard so they can HEAL the entire team therefore tanks get credit for the healers being able to HEAL -> My statement

Do you see how they relate? It isn't hard to understand. This is more like a cause and effect. The healer did this so the DPS could do that. The tank guarded healer X so the healer go heal player Y. It is the same damn relationship. Now like I said previously kills weren't given to healers. It is now ONLY because their medal count was low every match so it was merely a QoL improvement. The moment you understand that is the moment you understand what I am talking about.

Now with that said you are welcome to think you are right. It is your opinion I won't take it away from you. But I'm going to leave it at that. You are going to respond with a novel. I will respond with nothing. Better yet I won't even come back to this thread because the moment I handed it off the next poor soul is the moment I stopped caring about records =p.
Scyn Azadeh Inspra
The Sovereign Legacy

J_Fred's Avatar


J_Fred
02.27.2014 , 10:04 PM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by xContex View Post
Common Scynce
You should try using smaller words for them. Also maybe provide a link to an online dictionary for the poor soul.

ZooMzy's Avatar


ZooMzy
02.27.2014 , 10:14 PM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by xContex View Post
I don't think you comprehend what I am saying. Let me break it down for you so you can understand.

Heals assist the entire team through heals therefore they get credit for the DPS KILLING the opposing player -> Your statement

Tanks assist the healers in keeping them alive thru guard so they can HEAL the entire team therefore tanks get credit for the healers being able to HEAL -> My statement

Do you see how they relate? It isn't hard to understand. This is more like a cause and effect. The healer did this so the DPS could do that. The tank guarded healer X so the healer go heal player Y. It is the same damn relationship. Now like I said previously kills weren't given to healers. It is now ONLY because their medal count was low every match so it was merely a QoL improvement. The moment you understand that is the moment you understand what I am talking about.

Now with that said you are welcome to think you are right. It is your opinion I won't take it away from you. But I'm going to leave it at that. You are going to respond with a novel. I will respond with nothing. Better yet I won't even come back to this thread because the moment I handed it off the next poor soul is the moment I stopped caring about records =p.
I do comprehend. But again, this is an argument for kill count, not how much damage a DPS puts out because a healer kept them alive.

If there was a stat column for saving lives, the logic would dictate tanks get credit for the people they throw guards to and the taunting they do to alleviate the job of healers, same as how healers alleviate the chance of a DPS dying against the opposing team's damage, especially since you wouldn't consider it a 1v1 if one of the fighters was getting healed by a pocket healer in the back. However, again, you are comparing the reverse for that through kill count to something like "healers should get credit for the DPS that DPS put out" through "tanks should get credit for the heals that healers put out".

Therefore, the logic you are claiming through my statement is actually not true in the slightest, completely different. If I had said, "Healers should get credit for the damage numbers DPS put out because they keep them alive with their heals", then you could make that claim that it's wrong through the invented path of logic you made there.

But since a healer is more involved in a kill count than you seem to give them credit for, your statement is wrong.

Bye bye. Was kind of disappointed you stopped, but at least you're playing the part of an arrogant villain well. GG.

EDIT: Since this was taken out lol

Name: Zuhara
Screenshot Link: http://i62.tinypic.com/28tcs5w.jpg
Record Broken: Most Damage in Single Warzone #5
Value: 1,395,247
Type of Match: Unranked 8v8
Date of SS taken: 2/27/2014

dragonblooded's Avatar


dragonblooded
03.01.2014 , 10:23 PM | #550
Name: Erriyana , Dead on Arrival
Screenshot link: http://i.imgur.com/MSeyyWf.jpg
Record broken: Most damage taken in a single warzone #3
Value: 11118985
Type of match: Unranked
Date of SS: 03/01/2014