Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Kaggath Returns!


Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
07.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #11
Eh actually...I may sit this thing out, may take a break.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 01:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Eh actually...I may sit this thing out, may take a break.
Well don't feel pressured or anything.

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
07.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #13
Well with the leaders that have been outed I have to redesign my team anyway Marcelo so I'll try to keep things similar but I can't promise anything...
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 02:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Eh actually...I may sit this thing out, may take a break.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.02.2013 , 02:15 PM | #15
I am getting confused on how to set this up Right about now..... Am I able to pick some of the same members as people that have already been chosen..... With Luke is it like before am I able to take an earlier version of him...... Confused at how the chosing ground units and Naval units is done could I Say GAG Navy for example? how does this work I am sorry being a pain I know.

And the whole Planets thing..... If I said I had a supplier Hapes consortium would I have o have the Hapes planet to get this.... wouldn't that make the supplier pointless as by owning the planet you own its supplies?'

Again confused If you could help me out here beni I would appreciate it I want to use some of the same principles I did for creating my original team but the rules are confusing me and I am not sure how to do the conversion at all.

Edit: I am effectively trying to encompass my Alliance of Worlds people into this but not entirely sure how to do that properly and have them stand any kind of a chance since I am unsure how any of this works.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 02:20 PM | #16
It's a shame I can't have a specialty unit so I can have the Baran Do. I had planned an unbeatable strategy with them and Plo Koon. Oh well.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.02.2013 , 02:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's a shame I can't have a specialty unit so I can have the Baran Do. I had planned an unbeatable strategy with them and Plo Koon. Oh well.
Ya I feel terrible cus my Navy is getting gutted I had a plan to use Luke and the Torpedo sphere to never require an offensive ground battle meaning our entire team would never have to use a single ground force in anything other then special ops or defensive battles.


But other then that Aurbere you think you could help me figure out how to convert my team into something suitable here I am a bit confused with the way the rules were worded.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 02:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I am getting confused on how to set this up Right about now..... Am I able to pick some of the same members as people that have already been chosen..... With Luke is it like before am I able to take an earlier version of him...... Confused at how the chosing ground units and Naval units is done could I Say GAG Navy for example? how does this work I am sorry being a pain I know.



Edit: I am effectively trying to encompass my Alliance of Worlds people into this but not entirely sure how to do that properly and have them stand any kind of a chance since I am unsure how any of this works.
Allow me to help.

You can have ROTJ-Luke but no further than that.

And yes you could Galactic Alliance Navy - though navies are optional - and that would give you all the naval ships under said Navy at the height of its power.

And just to go over how ground units work again:

You can have either one Major Ground Force - basically a big army. Or two Minor Ground Forces - two smaller groups like a Mandalorian Clan, a Stormtrooper Legion or a cult. Again navies are optional (you can just rely on your supplier to produce any naval forces you need if you want to be more mobile etc.) but if you do want a navy, you can pick whatever you want, as long as it can fly and their is more than one, fleets, squadrons, and entire naval force, whatever.

Hope this clears things up, more questions are welcome!

P.S. I would advise, at least for your military, not to try and convert. Have them in the back of your mind but trying to covert them will prove difficult. You can have the GAG Navy though which should help to replicate your old naval forces.

EDIT: And if you want the Hapes Consortium, you have to have Hapes. Rememebering that per Kaggath rules nothing else exists other than the factions in play, so Hapes would not come with the Consortium automatically.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.02.2013 , 02:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Allow me to help.

You can have ROTJ-Luke but no further than that.

And yes you could Galactic Alliance Navy - though navies are optional - and that would give you all the naval ships under said Navy at the height of its power.

And just to go over how ground units work again:

You can have either one Major Ground Force - basically a big army. Or two Minor Ground Forces - two smaller groups like a Mandalorian Clan, a Stormtrooper Legion or a cult. Again navies are optional (you can just rely on your supplier to produce any naval forces you need if you want to be more mobile etc.) but if you do want a navy, you can pick whatever you want, as long as it can fly and their is more than one, fleets, squadrons, and entire naval force, whatever.

Hope this clears things up, more questions are welcome!
How does a Kaggath work WITH OUT navy.... in short how is a naval force optional if I don't pick one do I still have one..... where does it come from what is it made of....... If I choose a Major ground force I assume I get no Minor ones yes? Do I require the planet the Major or the minor ones come from? If I choose a Naval Force what do I lose?


Edit: you awnsered the question on Hapes. honestly I like that awnser and I can see where its coming from.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 02:32 PM | #20
If we can have full-scale navies, should I switch my current Naval Force?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus