Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.3 looks pretty hot

Damask_Rose
06.28.2013 , 01:11 PM | #41
Since I tend to spend my credits pretty quickly, I had better start saving! Ewoks were really low on my list of desired companions, but I'd far rather have an Ewok than nothing

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/28/swtor-ne...mpanion-treek/

DarthTHC
06.28.2013 , 01:26 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Since I tend to spend my credits pretty quickly, I had better start saving! Ewoks were really low on my list of desired companions, but I'd far rather have an Ewok than nothing

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/28/swtor-ne...mpanion-treek/
And the game jumps the shark.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Soluss
06.28.2013 , 01:26 PM | #43
I gotta say, this patch does look pretty good. If its as good as it sounds then well done BW.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Andryah
06.28.2013 , 01:28 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?
/Agree.

If someone is looking for a Primary Black on a dark (ie: not garish light and bright color) secondary.... this represents a marked improvement in the dye selection in the game. Since it's craftable.. it will make crafers happy and crafter competition should keep prices under 100K for the dye.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Pietrastor
06.28.2013 , 01:29 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
I gotta say, this patch does look pretty good. If its as good as it sounds then well done BW.
Yep, they're definitely stepping up their game with 2.3. I very much doubt every patch from now one will be this meaty (unless the CM brings so much cash we don't even realize), but the upcoming update sure looks great

Andryah
06.28.2013 , 01:32 PM | #46
And the game jumps the shark.
You mean jumped the EWOK.

So, he'll be cutsie like Blizs.. but he's a blend of tank/healer.

This is a nice touch IMO.

Andryah
06.28.2013 , 01:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Yep, they're definitely stepping up their game with 2.3.
Which is going to make the "we never get anything as subscribers anymore, it's all CM" crowd cry in their beer and soil their shorts over being ganked by 2.3

Then again... they will find something to cry about no matter what.

Pietrastor
06.28.2013 , 01:35 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Which is going to make the "we never get anything as subscribers anymore, it's all CM" crowd cry in their beer and soil their shorts over being ganked by 2.3

Then again... they will find something to cry about no matter what.
Yeah well, don't go all "I win!" yet since 2.5 may revert just back to CM bonanza, you never know. For now though, things look very good for 2.3

DarthTHC
06.28.2013 , 01:36 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You mean jumped the EWOK.

So, he'll be cutsie like Blizs.. but he's a blend of tank/healer.

This is a nice touch IMO.
I don't mind the blend of tank/healer.

He's a she.

It destroys the story. Endor isn't discovered for a very long time. Why the frak to Ewoks think C3P0 is a god if they've been out in the galaxy for over 3,000 years?

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Redundant
06.28.2013 , 01:43 PM | #50
I don't mind the blend of tank/healer.

He's a she.

It destroys the story. Endor isn't discovered for a very long time. Why the frak to Ewoks think C3P0 is a god if they've been out in the galaxy for over 3,000 years?

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.
Well its just for a little fun. Also I believe that a ewok companion destroying the story is a little bit far.

*Edit - Sorry I should just add that there is a in game reason for Treek being able to be your companion. Its below. If you don't want to know please ignore it.

Spoiler
TOROcast.com: The Fifth Pillar
SWTOR's longest running fan podcast.