Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.3 looks pretty hot

chuixupu
06.30.2013 , 05:41 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
dude they're never going to tune a flashpoint "up to LI levels"

no one did LI
I did it with guildies only. I didn't trust pugs, especially back in the old days before it was nerfed twice.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Krewel
06.30.2013 , 06:01 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
dude they're never going to tune a flashpoint "up to LI levels"

no one did LI
Even on a crappy server like Tomb of Freedon Nadd or a ghost town like the former Basilisk Droid pretty much everyone did LI, so I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, I farmed the place for over a year with randoms on a weekly basis. Maybe one year has really changed people, I guess. LI was never really that hard, I did it on the very first day with some random Russians. We did wipe a couple of times, but we persisted, learned from the mistakes and moved on. God forbid they should ever make an FP again that actually teaches you how to play or punishes you for being bad

2.3 looks pretty bland ._. I don't know how anyone can compare it to the grandiose 1.2 ... ahhh, 1.2, I'll never forget ye, the only true patch of SWTOR, the only patch worthy of a subscription, and the patch which we will never see again under the aegis of F2P dribble.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Deganji
07.01.2013 , 04:28 AM | #123
Sounds good so far, but I hope the new flashpoints aren't so easy that I can't join one as a healer. If they are really easy, like low level blacktalon/esseles easy, everyone knows that four dps would be the way to go in that case.

Fingers crossed that they thought of that, and it's something different and new.

Angedechu
07.01.2013 , 04:35 AM | #124
I hate to be a breaker of bad news, but on Duffy sites, the ''neutral role story mode'' don't seem to look like what people assume.

There is an, BTW, excellent new in 2.3 : we have two new flashpoints centered on Czerka. (This is good, really good). Those FPs have a Hard Mode and a Story Mode that is the said neutral thing.

CarpeSangrea
07.01.2013 , 04:35 AM | #125
I'm still waiting for a black/red dye instead of the red/black dye we have now.

Angedechu
07.01.2013 , 04:37 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
The flashpoints are not "split in two" any more than Taral V/Maelstorm Prison or Battle of Ilum/Flase Emperor are. Playing through one of them is about 20 minutes on Story Mode, which is IMO enough for a flashpoint designed for 2+ players.
I have not been in Hard Mode yet, so I cannot comment of how hard that is, but it should be harder, as it should require the classic party setup.
You mean that the Czerka ones are short ?

AlrikFassbauer
07.01.2013 , 04:56 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
as for the dyes my only wish is black on black that doesn't cost about 50 million credits on the GTN
That's never going to happen. Never. You know the game and it's players.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Sohaim
07.01.2013 , 05:28 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Short? Short is compliment, its really freaking small they way it is,those FP were originaly Titans of Industry, play it and you can see that it was all one, just imagine if you split LI after killing the Rhino boss just before Sav-rak, thats the first part, and now make the bonus boss mandatory, then you got the second part thats how it is, people comparing it to other true FPs like Battle of ilum are just trying to prove their point, except that all of the bosses/mini-bosses were actually something in LI, if youre augmented and on a mix off 69s, you can seriously stomp through Titans of Industry both part one and part two, about the no one did LI thing, i always had very FAST pops with LI, and thats on the shadowlands, cmon you know how they can please everyone? leave those two FPs untouched, for the people that liked, but make Titans of Industry whole and turn it into Tiear 2, tuned for 69s. droping 69s on every boss and one Underworld Token on the VIgilant just like LI was, i am pretty some people were alredy expecting it to be like this, cmon guys it not a bad ideia, we need a tier 2 FP, playing LI was very exciting, and i really dont want to wait till Imperial Warlord to have a tier 2 HM FP,

Aries_cz
07.01.2013 , 05:31 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Well, they took me 20 minutes each with 3 other players on PTS (Story Mode). We were all in Arkanian gear. I found it quite nice and fluent.

And the role neutral story mode simply mean that group finder does not look for the classic party composition (tank, heal, 2 DPS), but is willing to load you in it with any group composition. There are kolto stations around each boss, which heal all players for 3k per click, I think, and the bosses do to hit that much

As for the demand to join it and make it like LI, devs specifically said that they will not do another LI, because they made it too hard. I could imagine it being joined together, but the difficulty is fine.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Angedechu
07.01.2013 , 05:32 AM | #130
Ok, so there are short.

There is nothing wrong about a short FP.