Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
07.06.2013 , 05:01 AM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good questions! The title will cost 10 CC and the title will unlock per character. There is also a collections unlock associated with it which will cost 5 CC. Also for those who 10 CC is "too rich for my blood" the item, like all CM items, will be tradeable so you will likely see some popping up on your local GTN.

-eric
I really don't get the point in charging 10 cc and 5 cc for an unlock. It just seem utterly and completely pointless. Just make it a clickable terminal for subscribers only on the fleet somewhere and be done with it. Dear god....who thought this idea up? Seriously. You guys at Bioware really fumble the ball WAY too much. Other MMO's like Guild Wars 2 do fantastic and fun things,and do a good job at it......try looking to them for examples as to how to direct and give with your game. I am serious. Guild Wars 2 does monthly events and always has something going on with rewards and all kinds, and that game is NOT subscriber based. Yet, in SWTOR we get what....an event every few months and nothing else really....for 15 bucks a month. They get more and they dont pay a fee, we get less and we pay. Can you see where I am going here? Yes. Your failing and with each new fumble like this I just want to quit more and more.

Krewel
07.06.2013 , 05:31 AM | #452
If EAware considers Makeb a proper expansion, then it comes as no suprise that this measley "bribe" is considered an appreciation to subscribers. Mere 500 CC (talk about a unique reward!) and a completely nonsensical title ... At this point I pretty much believe they're making sure only a handful of people still play this game, they've been running a super duper plan of driving away players since release and this just proves it LOL
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Skodan
07.06.2013 , 07:50 AM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
I don't know but... I think fans should really get worried. For quite some time, BIoawre seems to be pushing the Cartel Market a lot. Why can't Bioware think of something to appreciate the subscribers where it will not be about the Cartel Market? There are other ways out there... like a speeder, or a content...
because while BW may like to create games, EA likes to make $$$
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 08:02 AM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!

Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated.

I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's...
I figured I'd get back to the community with the results.

It didn't work, obviously. She laughed at me and said, "You're cute," and went right on about her business like nothing had happened.

But at least she didn't stab me or anything.

Think that's the result EAWare was aiming towards when they gave us this brilliantly thoughtful and effort-intense appreciation gift? I mean a chuckle and a smile rather than stabby stabby...

TheNahash
07.06.2013 , 09:05 AM | #455
I figured I'd get back to the community with the results.

It didn't work, obviously. She laughed at me and said, "You're cute," and went right on about her business like nothing had happened.

But at least she didn't stab me or anything.
Oh, she appreciated it more than she would ever appreciate flowers or any other gift, trust me on that.
Women are mysterious creatures but if there's one thing I know about them is that unexpected flattery can go a looooong way with them. And that they never, EVER forget what you say to them.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

branmakmuffin
07.06.2013 , 10:29 AM | #456
This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!
So you normally get this extra 500 CC every month already, do you? Fascinating.

Quote:
Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated.
So you would feel more appreciated if you had receive nothing. Got it.

Quote:
I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's...
You're not BWEA's wife. At least I assume you're not. And yeah, telling your wife her butt looks good should get you somewhere. If not, there's something wrong with you or your wife.

The only part of your post which makes sense is your use of quotes around "gift," since the 500 CC are indeed not a gift. Gifts do not come with requirements or conditions.

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 12:39 PM | #457
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So you normally get this extra 500 CC every month already, do you? Fascinating.

So you would feel more appreciated if you had receive nothing. Got it.

You're not BWEA's wife. At least I assume you're not. And yeah, telling your wife her butt looks good should get you somewhere. If not, there's something wrong with you or your wife.

The only part of your post which makes sense is your use of quotes around "gift," since the 500 CC are indeed not a gift. Gifts do not come with requirements or conditions.
You're pretty good at missing the point, eh.

BWEA advertised this. Hyped it up. SUBSCRIBER APPRECIATION COMING SOON, YO!

They set an expectation that it was going to be something we would appreciate. Normally when people or companies do that to me, I expect something different. Something new. Something I can tell that thought and effort went into.

This is none of those things. It's a small pile of cartel coins that they're putting on top of the other small pile of cartel coins that I was already getting this month anyway.

That's not different. Or new. And it sure as hell required no thought.

You suggest this should make us feel appreciated? It makes me smirk at them. It makes me think they're not trying at all. Which, when you think about it, makes me think they don't really appreciate me all that much if they're willing to put as close to no thought and effort into it as corporately possible.

It's pathetic, really. They'd have done better to have never hyped anything, never advertised customer appreciation, and never done anything.

At least then they wouldn't look like pathetically uncreative and lazy buffoons.

Axe_Faktor
07.06.2013 , 12:54 PM | #458
Is this a one time deal or will this bonus be added to our monthly stipend from now on? I didn't see that answered in the staff posts on this thread but if it's already been addressed sorry for asking again.

While something a bit more unique would have been good, I'm happy with this subscriber only grant at the moment. My hope is that this isn't a one shot deal. I don't think 500 bonus CCs is much better than the 600 I'm already getting each month, but it is appreciated and I certainly will find a use for it.

I'd love to see subscribers get, say, a permanent percentage increase to credit rewards and Rep. Or an increased chance for a schematic on reverse engineering. I would feel very appreciated if that were the case. And you wouldn't be taking anything away from your F2P players, just letting those of us who have been loyal subscribers to this game for over a year and a half now know that we are still your MVPs. Because it's starting to feel more like we're just a nuisance preventing you from making this game exclusively F2P.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Icebergy
07.06.2013 , 01:21 PM | #459
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Completely agree. I've been a supporter of this game since Oct. 2008, even to the point of being called a fanboy quite a few times. But this is quite frankly a slap in the face. Bioware, if you really want to show your appreciation, you need to try harder. I was really hoping for something that you couldn't get with just CCs, something that would make me say "this is why I'm happy to subscribe to this game". 500 CCs is not that.
"Here's a free $5"

"This is a slap in the face"

"...."
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM

Lyshar
07.06.2013 , 01:44 PM | #460
You're pretty good at missing the point, eh.

BWEA advertised this. Hyped it up. SUBSCRIBER APPRECIATION COMING SOON, YO!

They set an expectation that it was going to be something we would appreciate. Normally when people or companies do that to me, I expect something different. Something new. Something I can tell that thought and effort went into.

This is none of those things. It's a small pile of cartel coins that they're putting on top of the other small pile of cartel coins that I was already getting this month anyway.

That's not different. Or new. And it sure as hell required no thought.

You suggest this should make us feel appreciated? It makes me smirk at them. It makes me think they're not trying at all. Which, when you think about it, makes me think they don't really appreciate me all that much if they're willing to put as close to no thought and effort into it as corporately possible.

It's pathetic, really. They'd have done better to have never hyped anything, never advertised customer appreciation, and never done anything.

At least then they wouldn't look like pathetically uncreative and lazy buffoons.
Exactly what I've been saying since before we actually got anything.

It's nice that we get a few extra coins, but it doesn't show appreciation, definitely not after it being over-hyped this much. To think that there was some official post or quote saying that it was 2.1 that was supposed to focus on subscribers and actually contained ONLY cartel content. That's why they felt the need to promise us this gift in the first place.

That we just get coins tells me they probably hit their own deadline without doing anything, are utter idiots, forced to this crap by EA (no excuse), are trying to bribe us with a few measly coins, or multiple of the before mentioned. Could be something else maybe but can't possibly be far off, I'm sure the developers / representatives aren't all to blame, so this is the company and it's image... or what's left of it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Is this a one time deal or will this bonus be added to our monthly stipend from now on? I didn't see that answered in the staff posts on this thread but if it's already been addressed sorry for asking again.
We're supposed to get something similar (but a little different) around the end of the month. Since we got 500 cartel coins this time, then we should get anywhere between 1-499 or 501+ cartel coins. What else can they possibly give us if not that without making it something not similar.

I do hope they break that "similar" part of the promise and this time actually give something 100% not cartel crap related.
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).