Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reverse Engineering Chances

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Chances

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
06.23.2013 , 08:08 AM | #1
This is more of a question as I am not spending a long, long time and great number of items needed to be crafted in order to learn the schematic. Sometimes I feel that the longer I am playing in a sitting the more and more items I need to craft and reverse engineer before I am successful at getting the schematic. Statistically speaking I know how it works 20% is a 1/5 chance on each and every one, but having to RE 25-30 items just to get the next schematic starts beggar belief.

1. Is there any I can increase my chances, RE with specific companions outside my ship? I am guessing a big fat no.
2. Does anyone else notice that the amount of RE attempts to learn the schematic increase the longer one is playing.,

I like the crafting system. I am levelling a Jedi Guardian and I am using my Artifice/Cybertech/Armstech to craft the elements I need to make me and my companion in proper levelled purple gear, I am loving the ALT with the gear but it is a VERY time consuming task based not on the craft or the missions to get he mats but the time it takes to RE (and the number of times I have to repeat that process).
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Nazdika's Avatar


Nazdika
06.23.2013 , 10:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeTheDuke View Post

1. Is there any I can increase my chances, RE with specific companions outside my ship? I am guessing a big fat no..
When the companion makes 2 in one sitting, you double your chances, since you RE double the items (or 3x, rarely). I.e. use +crit companion. Pretty sure that influences not only augment slot, but number of items crafted (not 100% though. There are few things I believe in 100%) Again, crit is of course a statistical measure and will not always.... guess you are aware of implications.

Quote:
2. Does anyone else notice that the amount of RE attempts to learn the schematic increase the longer one is playing.,.
No. I used to study & work in statistics, and am relatively fit in not trusting my gutt feeling With all due respect, I think it is a perception, and small sample matter.

Quote:
I like the crafting system. I am levelling a Jedi Guardian and I am using my Artifice/Cybertech/Armstech to craft the elements I need to make me and my companion in proper levelled purple gear, I am loving the ALT with the gear but it is a VERY time consuming task based not on the craft or the missions to get he mats but the time it takes to RE (and the number of times I have to repeat that process).
I hear you. I am a craftoholic, and do like the system. And... it is somewhat painful sometimes...