Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions on New 2.3 Flashpoints!

NobleSpec
06.20.2013 , 03:01 PM | #1
I have a few questions about the new Flashpoints coming in 2.3 hopefully on August 6th, Hopefully a developer can give some light on it? or not to avoid getting shot by the marketing crossbows mentioned in the live stream!
1st question- These will be Lvl 55 Flashpoints correct?
2nd question- How will the story be revolved around these Flashpoints? How are they themed? Are they revolved around the hutts and makeb like the expansion? Or will they be about something else....say maybe finding revan? Going back to some Kotor lore like T5/MP and BP/TF?
Last Question- will one of these Flashpoints offer a 2 man mission? Like black talon and esseles? Also will the gear work the same as the other 55 fp's?

Thanks in advance if anyone has answers or if one of the developers answer! Just a little hint is fine with me

GeckoOBac
06.20.2013 , 03:27 PM | #2
These are 100% made-up-on-spot hypotesis, but given the context and what has been done before I'd say:
The flashpoints will be lvl 55, possibly with a slightly lower level story mode (Maybe from 51 to 55, to cover the hole of other FPs). Hard mode will definitely be lvl 55, to complete the low amount of flashpoints we currently have at cap.

For the same reason, they will be strictly 4 man, as the GF will try to find 4 people ANYWAY (it even does that for esseless/BT)

Given leaked info from the past, it's fair to assume that the flashpoints we'll be receiving are:
1) Titans of Industry - a Czerka themed flashpoint were the objective will be to recover some kind of tech
2) The Imperial Warlord - here the objective will be to defeat a rogue imperial officer.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

FlyinSpaghetti
06.21.2013 , 05:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Given leaked info from the past, it's fair to assume that the flashpoints we'll be receiving are:
1) Titans of Industry - a Czerka themed flashpoint were the objective will be to recover some kind of tech
2) The Imperial Warlord - here the objective will be to defeat a rogue imperial officer.
Be careful about those leaks as they stemmed from old data mined content from 1.2/1.3 which since then might have (and sounding more obvious as they were suppose to be destined for 1.5 along with Rakata Prime according to some sites) been dropped from development.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

GeckoOBac
06.21.2013 , 07:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Be careful about those leaks as they stemmed from old data mined content from 1.2/1.3 which since then might have (and sounding more obvious as they were suppose to be destined for 1.5 along with Rakata Prime according to some sites) been dropped from development.
Given how development works, especially of a MMORPG, it's extremely unlikely they've been "dropped". I'm 95% certain that the VAST majority of the assets generated by those datamines has been or will be reused in some form or another. Worst case we'll see name changes and stuff like that, but I expect them to be mostly valid.

The most recent example is S&V itself. If you just check the initial conversation with the npc, as reported on torhead, you'll see that it's basically EXACTLY what we have in game.

Also, there have been much more recent datamines, and at least in one of them a "Czerka world" is mentioned.

Now, I'm not saying "we're definitely getting this stuff", but it's extremely difficult for stuff to get scrapped altogether, as many of these things are mostly ready, so there was time spent making them which makes scrapping them not a good economic move unless there is some kind of technical/economical difficulty.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger