Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Has Slicing been nerfed since 2.2 patch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Has Slicing been nerfed since 2.2 patch?

Killerdream
06.20.2013 , 04:50 AM | #1
Hey guys, is it just me or has the crit chance of slicing missions gone down dramatically since 2.2 patch. On my Operative with Scorpio doing the "Unsliceable" mission" with her 2+ silcing critical. In 10 unslicable missions in a row, I haven't gotten a single crit. Same with the Watchdog's mission, credit train and the other lockbox mission that I haven't crit 6 times in the row. Please Bioware or someone if it is a bug or I'm just really unlucky because I'm losing money badly doing these missions to the point it is cheaper to buy the thermal regulators on the GTN then running missions for them.

Thank you
Raider Of Beyond Redemption (The Harbinger Republic APAC)
55 Gunslinger- Mehandissolo
55 Sage- Azhari

Darevsool
06.20.2013 , 06:51 AM | #2
more than likely you're just on a non-crit streak courtesy of the RNG.

It happens.

Trevormortis
06.20.2013 , 08:23 AM | #3
normally I would also say it's bad luck. However, I've not only seen a noticeable decrease in Thermals, but I've also been getting a lot of failed missions (not just with slicing, but all crew skills). T7 has been especially bad for failed slicing missions recently. I think yesterday I had 3 or 4 failed missions on him in a row.

I have 5 toons with slicing, all max affection. Each toon I have slicing on (except 1) has a +2 slicing crit companion. I think I might have gotten 4 crits (12 or 14 thermals) yesterday after about 40 tries between all my toons (that's a 10% success rate). I'm at work atm and don't have the exact numbers, but that seems pretty accurate.

But as I previously stated, I'm more concerned with how many mission failures I have been getting. Sometimes I'll have 2-3 out of 5 companions come back with a failed mission.

Anywho, will need to see at least a few more days of steady decreases to get a better representation of what (if anything) is going on.

Cause we might just be realllllllly unlucky.
Wormjunta - 55 Assassin /Wormalicious - 55 - Shadow
Wormsauce - 55 - Sorcerer / Wormwoodman - 55 - Marauder
Wormjunter - 50 - Powertech / TK420 - 55 - Operative
Wormtastic - 55 Guardian / Theworm - 55 Commando

Origin_One
06.21.2013 , 09:15 AM | #4
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. Doesn't look to be random since the change occurred immediately after the patch.
I suspect a bug.

Divona
06.22.2013 , 05:36 AM | #5
I can confirm slicing has been nerfed. I used to get quite often at least few crits and crew missions from my 3 toons sending to rich and bountiful missions. Now i get rarely 2-3 crew skill artifact missions a day (450). Some nights nothing at all only credit boxes. Very very rarely i get 4 thermal mats. Mostly if i get thermal mats stacks of 2.
And im using always my best companions with +2 slicing crits on rich missions with max affections.

Im sure they changed slicing even if they deny it.

wainot-keel
06.23.2013 , 10:12 PM | #6
I only have small samples, but I noticed the same thing

For patch 2.1
400 Sliced tech missions
Unsliceable crit rate: 20,10 % (cost per unit 5154)
Watching the watchdogs crit rate: 18% (cost per unit 10058)

234 Lockboxes
Fast as you can: 20,37%
Credit drain: 18,18%

For patch 2.1.1,
176 Sliced tech missions
Unsliceable crit rate: 18,63 % (cost per unit 5425)
Watching the watchdogs crit rate: 18,75% (cost per unit 10922)

120 Lockboxes
Fast as you can: 16,79%
Credit drain: 14,29 %

For patch 2.2,
120 Sliced tech missions
Unsliceable crit rate: 5.71 % (cost per unit 17261)
Watching the watchdogs crit rate: 14,65% (cost per unit 13107)

110 Lockboxes
Fast as you can: 13,79%
Credit drain: 9,38 %

(for Unsliceable mission I always use a +2 companion, all at 10k affection)

At that point I stopped completely. Streak of bad luck or actual nerf, doesn't matter. On Red Eclipse, the cheapest TRs are going for 20k a pop, so not worth the aggravation farming them. I still have a full stack to finish up augmenting my peeps so I dont really need to buy atm.

Call me superstitious, but I will only re-start doing these missions after next patch

Killerdream
06.23.2013 , 11:21 PM | #7
Thx for the responses guys regarding slicing. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me that has been having really bad luck with slicing since 2.2 patch. Myself personally I've stopped doing silcing missions until Bioware addresses if there is a bug with slicing or they address them they nerfed the chance to crit on slicing missions even with full affection +slicing critical companions doing them.
Raider Of Beyond Redemption (The Harbinger Republic APAC)
55 Gunslinger- Mehandissolo
55 Sage- Azhari

jpaludan
06.24.2013 , 06:40 PM | #8
I have exact same problems with crits - I havent gotten any crit from slicing for almost 2 weeks now, and I also send out comp with +2 crit and max affection. Same goes for Underworld trading - no crits same period of time.
Also by RE I experience a big decrease in procentage - it says chance of schematic 20%...but 20% of what ? I RE 12-15 mods at a time and learn no schematic. Next batch of 15 i may be lucky to learn 1.