Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB NIM Dread Guards (Broken or Not)

Griad
06.20.2013 , 12:34 AM | #11
I actually also prefer to have some very tough fight i am just sad that the rest of the raid isnt as hard as DG. I remember in AOC their raids were quite hard and you got a real sense of accomplisment when you finished them
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

AMightyKnight
06.20.2013 , 04:57 AM | #12
The fight is broken for one simple reason: Its much harder than the rest of TFB NM.
I really dont think they did it by design.

That said, i should stay the way it is. The raiding content was ridiculously easy far too long - especially S&V hc - and many raids got sloppy or fall apart because of it. A new challange is just what we need.
Benaiah Abihail @T3M4 Ahdino Abishai
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
KotFE 10/2015: RIP Endgame /unsubbed 02/16

Mugen_no_Jidai
06.20.2013 , 07:19 AM | #13
I agree with the OP--a lot of guilds have been waiting on official word from BW as to whether the current state of NiM Dread Guards is intended or not, and this would put to rest a lot of speculation, in addition to giving guilds a basis on whether to attempt/skip DG as they are now.

Unsurprisingly this thread has already turned into a player debate about whether DG should be changed or not, but that's kind of irrelevant to the OP's point. I look forward to BW simply stating yes/no regarding the tuning of the Dread Guards.

Sinbary
06.20.2013 , 07:27 AM | #14
Its not irrelevant.

Its kill-able now, doesn't matter if you can't kill it.
Working as intended, don't need BW to tell you that.
I don't think they will tell you that, and I hope they aren't morons enough to say: "Ops, we over tuned it."
Because that sets the presidency for SnV NiM, which I hope gets even harder. If we get 1 or 2 bosses
per NiM that are total cockblockers, its great!

paowee
06.20.2013 , 12:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by earsrgood View Post
Not downed it yet but it is perfect for NiM, although I would prefer the bosses to ramp up in difficulty rather than it always seem to be the second boss that is the hardest.........

That way it will become easier in time as people gear up but then it is a true race for the progression guilds to clear week one/two.
Agreed! I NiM Keph or TFB shouold have been what NiM DG is right now
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CJNJ
06.20.2013 , 12:19 PM | #16
Just curious, but what is the enrage for Terror? With the bug of terror killing itself at 20% do we really know if its that much easier then DG?

DarthScruffy
06.20.2013 , 12:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
The fight is broken for one simple reason: Its much harder than the rest of TFB NM.
I really dont think they did it by design.

That said, i should stay the way it is. The raiding content was ridiculously easy far too long - especially S&V hc - and many raids got sloppy or fall apart because of it. A new challange is just what we need.
The PTS feedback was that it was largely too easy, IIRC. I think that this was Bioware's response to the PTS feedback and the "NiM content on PTS" controversy.