Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there any "good" reason to remove the 15% health buff from Rakata medpacks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Was there any "good" reason to remove the 15% health buff from Rakata medpacks?

SlimsPicken
06.19.2013 , 10:39 AM | #1
I think not.

Glad they devote time and resource to uneeded nerfs of already previously nerfed items that still had some small value.

Anyways, just thought id make a thread complaining about it.

Theres probably no need to make crafting any crappier in this game. Just sayin.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

wainot-keel
06.19.2013 , 11:30 AM | #2
Perhaps they wanted people start using the new reusable, so obviously instead of making it better and more desireble, they nerfed the old one

A shame, I was still using Rakata medpack on my jugg tank...

SlimsPicken
06.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #3
so. no "good" reasons.

roger that.

If some of this dev time was spent on actual bugs and important fixes we might make more headway into people being happier with the game.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

TheNevet
06.23.2013 , 02:02 AM | #4
nope.

and your other question. the fool who follows him.
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

StefanTOR
06.25.2013 , 03:52 PM | #5
I think it was done for PvP reasons, somebody that got a healer with them basically got 15% extra health whenever they used that medpac, making fights unfair against those who didn't have the Rakata medpac.

Terro_Fett
06.25.2013 , 04:09 PM | #6
They didn't want to continue the pattern of putting the health buff on then reusable medpacks, Biochem is already seen as the superior crew skill for raiding even without the 15% buff, it wasn't needed.

However, by discontinuing the health buff on the new reusables they actually ended up making the old Rakata ones better than the new 55 ones. They had to be brought in line.