Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did I miss it?

ImmortalLowlife
06.18.2013 , 12:18 PM | #1
Ok I've got a lvl 42 Sith sorcerer & I just started act 3. I've done a few fp's but the one I've really been waiting for is "the foundry" . But I haven't seen where I get the quest from tha lil droid. I wanted to be a lil over leveled b4 I did it, but I didn't want to be TOO high. So my question is what lvl is it, & where do I start it?
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

StefanTOR
06.18.2013 , 12:34 PM | #2
The droid, called X1-02 apparently according to Torhead.com is at this location:

Quote:
The location of the NPC is 4578, 702 on the far west side of the main level of the imperial fleet, next to the misson departures elevator.
This will pick up the quest chain called Call to Arms which consists of two flashpoints: Boarding Party (~level 33) and then The Foundry (~level 37).

So you missed it by a few levels, yeah.

You don't have to do Boarding Party to be able to Foundry, but I recommended it though, because of the Call to Arms questline that gives you a little bit more dialogue and info if you're into it for the storylines.

ImmortalLowlife
06.18.2013 , 12:59 PM | #3
Ok, thanks. Tho it looks like I'm waaaay over lvl'd for boarding party. Can I solo that one, then group for the foundry?

rgrocott
06.18.2013 , 02:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Ok, thanks. Tho it looks like I'm waaaay over lvl'd for boarding party. Can I solo that one, then group for the foundry?
It's certainly solo-able as far as the fight mechanics are concerned, there's nothing that you can't get past without multiple players. I've no idea if you personally can solo it yet - best advice is just to give it a try, I reckon

Depending how busy your server is, I'd also think there are plenty of folks who'd be happy to have an over-levelled group member helping them out, as long as you can survive all the aggro you'll probably pull from the tank!

PLynkes
06.19.2013 , 08:16 AM | #5
I think both of those have a Level 50 hard mode. You're not a million miles away from being able to do those versions instead if you want.

thatghost
06.19.2013 , 11:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
I think both of those have a Level 50 hard mode. You're not a million miles away from being able to do those versions instead if you want.
Forget waiting for HM if you're the least bit interested in the story/cutscenes; all you'll get with HM is spacebar spacebar spacebar (unless you're in a guild and don't need to rely upon PUGs/GF to run fps)

For story's sake? Solo Boarding Party and do SM Foundry now. Enjoy!

PLynkes
06.19.2013 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
Forget waiting for HM if you're the least bit interested in the story/cutscenes; all you'll get with HM is spacebar spacebar spacebar (unless you're in a guild and don't need to rely upon PUGs/GF to run fps)
Good point. I managed to miss Foundry first time around just like the OP. For the story's sake and to familiarise myself with it for Hard Mode I did it solo at Level 55. Turned out I needn't have, as I ended up doing the Hard Mode with guild mates, and we watched all the cutscenes and did all the content, taking our time and enjoying it. So much more fun that way than your average Group Finder group.

ImmortalLowlife
06.19.2013 , 12:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post

For story's sake? Solo Boarding Party and do SM Foundry now. Enjoy!
Lol ppl do seem to want to sb thru hmfp's from what I've heard. I'm gonna try n run it solo or see if some new guildies are ready to run it. Thanks y'all