Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] why does crafted purples destroy set bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] why does crafted purples destroy set bonus?

L-RANDLE
06.17.2013 , 01:49 PM | #1
Just wondering. Are you forcing me to raid now?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Lowyjowylof
06.17.2013 , 02:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
They changed it with 2.0 so that the Rakata, Columi, and Tionese set bonuses were tied to the Armoring and not the shell.
Battle is an orgy of disorder.
George S. Patton

L-RANDLE
06.17.2013 , 03:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowyjowylof View Post
They changed it with 2.0 so that the Rakata, Columi, and Tionese set bonuses were tied to the Armoring and not the shell.
While I understand when the change happened, my question is still valid... It would mean as a minimum I would need raid quality mats or drops otherwise lose set bonus if I want to improve my gear...

tortcat
06.17.2013 , 06:09 PM | #4
While I understand when the change happened, my question is still valid... It would mean as a minimum I would need raid quality mats or drops otherwise lose set bonus if I want to improve my gear...
You are exactly correct. That is the only option at the moment you have unless u keep the existing armors in their slots and dont change them.

Khevar
06.17.2013 , 08:19 PM | #5
The grade 26 (Campaign) armorings are still available for comms and don't require raid drops.

The grade 27 (Dread Guard) armorings can be gotten from HM EC, which is much much easier now that it can be overleveled (it's still a level 50 operation).

You lose some points of your main stat and some endurance by not upgrading those. But remember, there are 25 slots for armoring, hilts, barrels, mods and enhancements that can all be crafted for grade 31. With 4 of them at grade 26/27, that still leaves 21 that can be high end.

And for the remaining 4 slots, yes, you are required to raid to get those to Grade 30 or better. As far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing and shouldn't changed back to how it was before 2.0.

L-RANDLE
06.19.2013 , 07:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
The grade 26 (Campaign) armorings are still available for comms and don't require raid drops.

The grade 27 (Dread Guard) armorings can be gotten from HM EC, which is much much easier now that it can be overleveled (it's still a level 50 operation).

You lose some points of your main stat and some endurance by not upgrading those. But remember, there are 25 slots for armoring, hilts, barrels, mods and enhancements that can all be crafted for grade 31. With 4 of them at grade 26/27, that still leaves 21 that can be high end.

And for the remaining 4 slots, yes, you are required to raid to get those to Grade 30 or better. As far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing and shouldn't changed back to how it was before 2.0.
But there is not a legitimate reason why my crafted 53 should delete my set bonus on gear attained in the previous system. It's not like I am replacing it with another set bonus. The previous system was fine and provided player choice in what set bonus they wanted to carry. In done with raiding and PVE all together if they keep doing garbage like this...

Khevar
06.19.2013 , 08:29 AM | #7
... In done with raiding and PVE all together if they keep doing garbage like this...
That's your choice.

If you enjoy raiding, you'll get the Arkanian set bonus anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is.

If you don't enjoy raiding, then the problem is bigger than the set bonus, isn't it?

Asavrede
06.19.2013 , 09:17 AM | #8
Because that is the price you pay for gear customization. People were complaining that you were forced to use the rakata grade shells to keep the set bonus. Now it's moved to the armoring, and people still complain.

That said, I would think crafters should be able to somehow move or create the set bonuses.

L-RANDLE
06.19.2013 , 09:39 AM | #9
You didn't have to raid to get set bonus previously. On top of that, now I have to sacrifice my current set to improve my gear or raid?
Color me irritated. The whole point to customization and crafting was that you didn't need to do endgame ops to get everything.. I guess that is now thrown out the window. Typical Dev 180...

It's fine, regardless of how incredibly dumb it is... I just won't use the armor slot, and won't bother making them anymore because no one will buy them......

Yet another feather in the endgame crafting cap...

L-RANDLE
06.19.2013 , 09:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
Because that is the price you pay for gear customization. People were complaining that you were forced to use the rakata grade shells to keep the set bonus. Now it's moved to the armoring, and people still complain.

That said, I would think crafters should be able to somehow move or create the set bonuses.
BTW, I have no issue moving the bonus to armor on raid gear, but crafted is a different story.... There was noting wrong with using crafted armoring in shells previously, why change it now?