Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

Selenial
06.17.2013 , 08:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
I suggest that you improve your knowledge about him by buying this book: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-.../dp/0756698391

Your personal opinion matters in front of canon?

Read the entire information that I have provided before making absurd assumptions. Rituals themselves involve power of characters; they are not magically performed.

Sith Emperor seized control of an entire planet at the age of 13; absolutely phenomenal feat. In addition, the fact that he survived for over 1300 years in a Sith Empire nonetheless is testament to his enormous power. Of-course, once his true nature was revealed, many wanted him to be stopped once and for all. The Force have its own will and when a Force-user begins to cross a red line, the Force creates circumstances that lead to the downfall of such an individual. This is precisely what happened to Sith Emperor.
Lulz. We found another Revan fanboi!
Revan was by no means as powerful as you make him out to be. That, and he has a twisted and fractured mind, making him pretty much insane.

That's not a phenominal feat.
Its amazing, but not all that phenominal.
It was a planet of simple folk, who were under the rule of a sith lord. He killed the sith lord, and used his power base to keep control of the planet.
Amazing that he kills a sith, the planet? Meh.

Other sith have done far more impressive things.

He survived 1300 years by hiding. That's all he did, he had the ritual, and then he hid.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Selenial
06.17.2013 , 08:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
Did you read the spoilers in my first post? Those are from canon sources.
And?
Many sith came after vitiate, not mentioned in those sources...
I'd go as far to say that half the Banite line were more powerful than Vitiate.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

S_W_LeGenD
06.17.2013 , 08:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Just the fact that you have not heared this tells me you are no star wars fan, he have said it many times in intervies.
And no i will not take the time to look it up for you when you clearly dont care about finding out for these things yourself. Also the 1 golden lore rule to star wars. Movie canon is the only canon, rest of off fan canon including writers of novels etc.
I am not new to Star Wars and I have read several of his interviews. Once again, GL talks about his saga in his interviews. Where have he explicitly stated that Sidious surpassed all previous Sith Lords in power that were introduced in EU? Where?

Also, he is no longer the BOSS of Star Wares lore; he have retired from it and have opened the lore to creative liberties which is good decision.

Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Let me guess! You are not a fan of any character, correct?

Revan was by no means as powerful as you make him out to be. That, and he has a twisted and fractured mind, making him pretty much insane.
It is not my fault if he is stated to be "mighty" and "legendary" in canon sources. We do not know about the full extent of his capabilities since much of his story is not documented. Deal with it.

That's not a phenominal feat.
Its amazing, but not all that phenominal.
It was a planet of simple folk, who were under the rule of a sith lord. He killed the sith lord, and used his power base to keep control of the planet.
Amazing that he kills a sith, the planet? Meh.
Why not? He began to kill his way to reach the mantle.

Nyriss revealed that many powerful Sith Lords inhabited Mediraas and they all fell to the dark side prodigy. She have investigated the planet herself and learned a lot from its records or what have been left of it. Marka Ragnos himself sensed incredible power in Tenebrae when the two met and accepted his rule over Mediraas.

Admit it, no other Sith Lord have seized control of a whole planet in this manner and at such a young age. Therefore, his accomplishment is unparalleled.

Other sith have done far more impressive things.
Far more impressive things is subjective assessment. There are some Sith Lords who have done things that even Sidious haven't.

He survived 1300 years by hiding. That's all he did, he had the ritual, and then he hid.
Yeah right.

I suppose that you didn't even bothered to read the spoilers that I provided.

And?
Many sith came after vitiate, not mentioned in those sources...
I'd go as far to say that half the Banite line were more powerful than Vitiate.
This can be easily countered: many Sith Lords who served Sith Emperor were stronger then many Sith Lords who came in the future. For example: Sidious himself acknowledged Darth Malgus as one of his strongest predecessors.

Also, the authors who wrote SWTORE (Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia) are not blind; they know the entire saga.

Wolfninjajedi
06.17.2013 , 09:12 AM | #14
Ok ending this thread right now....read here..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626813

Then after, take note of this aswell.....

http://galeri3.uludagsozluk.com/180/...ous_252396.jpg

Sidious > Vitiate, enough already.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

S_W_LeGenD
06.17.2013 , 09:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok ending this thread right now....read here..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626813

Then after, take note of this aswell.....

http://galeri3.uludagsozluk.com/180/...ous_252396.jpg

Sidious > Vitiate, enough already.
I have checked these threads. Information provided in them does not discredits the accolade (most powerful Sith Lord ever) which Tenebrae have also earned in latest canon sources. Sorry.

Also, read the "Contrasting Sidious and Vitiate" essay in this thread. It is very neutral and to the point.

In addition, the latest Essential series book (from Pablo), which have been written from real world perspective and contains information about Tenebrae, Sidious and Plagueis, doesn't promotes or reaffirms any Sith Lord as most powerful. You need to move on with latest information.

mefit
06.17.2013 , 09:29 AM | #16
Hello S_W_LeGenD ,

First off , good read !
Second , it is refreshing to have read something different than a bash so and so KotoR or SWTOR thread .

Thirdly , you have made many mistakes.

You see to be one of the cool kids you have to
Hate everything KotoR
Turn to Rage whenever Revan's name is mentioned
* Down play all his Canons and achievements
* Hate Drew for Writing Revan into being

You have to utterly love KotoRII as a far superior game to KotoR and connect nothing to it being a sequel in its superiority.
* Believe that Meetra is a all seeing Jedi God that should have been the first Jedi or Sith to see their death ......
* Believe that Traya is a superior Strategist over Revan (See Revan vs Traya Thread)

I mean gesh , how dare you think out the box ! Now join the Cool kids !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

mefit
06.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #17

Here I read this was a "Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)" about Vitate , little did I know this was a Revan Fanboi thread !!!!! Tricky Revan fans making threads about other characters in a secret plot to make Revan threads !!!!!
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Beniboybling
06.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #18
Well this is very interesting, because I never took much note of these quotes concerning Vitiate in the SWTOR Encyclopedia.

Regardless the fact remains that Darth Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history according to G-Canon. Now I'm not sure if a statement was ever made by George Lucas himself but I expect there was. Why? Because of the wealth of source books that state that this is the case. Sourcebooks which are defined as G-Canon. To quote a few:
Quote:
Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.

--Taken from Vader: The Ultimate Guide

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

When Yoda crosses sabers with the movie's arch-villain, he doesn't launch into a pinwheeling display of acrobatics, as he did against Count Dooku in Episode II. Instead, Yoda faces the dark side's fury, channeled by the most powerful Sith Lord in history. "Rob Coleman wanted Yoda to feel the power of his enemy," says Wheless, "like a force he's never dealt with before."

--Taken from Insider #86: Yoda's Right Arm
Now you are probably thinking that this conflicts with the SWTOR Encyclopedia but it does not. Why? Time period. The context in which the statements about Vitiate being the most powerful Force user in history are set in the Old Republic era. Effectively meaning that Vitiate is the most powerful Force user in history up until this point. Likewise the statements above are made in the context of Sidious' time period, which comes after Vitiate's. This therefore means that Sidious canonically outranks Vitiate.

However, what is does mean is that Vitiate can hold a candle to Sidious and then some, which some people don't seem to want to believe. It also means that canonically Vitiate is more powerful than the likes of Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Nomi Sunrider, Thon etc. Which is very enlightening indeed.

P.S. I'm not going to pretend I read the whole thing, just the first post. Those block of texts... and I know the backstories of all these characters. So you'll have to forgive me.

Aurbere
06.17.2013 , 09:40 AM | #19
Nothing Vitiate has done compares to what Sidious has done. Get over it.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
06.17.2013 , 09:41 AM | #20
Guys, why has this erupted into a flame war within 2 pages? Why can't we all be civil and discuss this like reasoned people? Like it or not the OP is using canon sources to back up his point, and he is not ramming home the idea that Vitiate is more powerful than Sidious and demanding you accept it.

He's not a Revan fanboy, well he might be but he's not coming across as a Revan fanboy. Revan after all can be described as 'mighty' and 'legendary'. He's already been described as legendary by a canon source book, and 'mighty' is a very subjective word. So lets lay of the hate when its undeserved. This thread has nothing to do with Revan.

I can't say I agree with everything the OP says, but I do respect the canon quotes for what they are - objective. And they should therefore be treated as such. So yes, lets just have a reasoned objective debate here. Thank you.

P.S. The majority of comments made in this thread are only fueling the stereotype that we are crazed Lucas fanatics etc. its not doing us any favours.