Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Camouflage Bug?

Hilodorf
06.14.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1
Hello,

I came across this issue morning and I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not, thought I would report this here since the recent release of the patch. I DID NOT get a chance to open an in-game ticket yet as I had to leave just after coming across this.

I had hit Force Camouflage, and my Character's image disappears with the exception of my light sabers. Thought nothing of it, never having used the skill before, until after I noticed that it appeared my character stayed in a Stealth mode appearance. Again the only part visible were the light sabers. I had done 3 or 4 additional chain kills, and it stayed in a state of Stealth.

Is this a bug? Should this skill be doing this? All of the functionality remained the same, the actual skill itself did not seem to be an issue, just that it appeared to remove the avatar from my screen.

Wondering if anyone else might have seen this also?

Thanks.

LinkLogan
06.14.2013 , 12:06 PM | #2
I, too, have experiened this bug. However, it seems to have gotten worse since patch 2.2. Before it would be random and simply take another activation of Force Camo to have my character reappear. Even others I would play with would noticed that I was now "invisible." Since 2.2, however, the effect seems to persist only going away once your are out of combat and do your Force Camo again. I have run the repair, ensured my Direct X Diag were error free, deleted my DishAreaCache and ensured my graphics drivers are up-to-date. This is clearly a bug considereing other players have noticed the same effect. It's just another 'fubar feature' brought to you by the wonderful duo of EA/Bioware...

Hilodorf
06.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkLogan View Post
I, too, have experiened this bug. However, it seems to have gotten worse since patch 2.2. Before it would be random and simply take another activation of Force Camo to have my character reappear. Even others I would play with would noticed that I was now "invisible." Since 2.2, however, the effect seems to persist only going away once your are out of combat and do your Force Camo again. I have run the repair, ensured my Direct X Diag were error free, deleted my DishAreaCache and ensured my graphics drivers are up-to-date. This is clearly a bug considereing other players have noticed the same effect. It's just another 'fubar feature' brought to you by the wonderful duo of EA/Bioware...
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for the reply.

VicktorDargo
06.16.2013 , 06:59 AM | #4
Yes, same here. used to be random but after I loaded 2.2 today it seems to be way worse. even tried adjusting video settings and deleted all cache.

help.

-Holmes
06.16.2013 , 08:15 AM | #5
It's when you activate 2 instant abilities that have no GCD. For example, Force Camo and Awe at the same time will place you into a permanent invisible state.

LinkLogan
06.16.2013 , 06:51 PM | #6
Interesting... I will have to observe that more carefully. Still, it's obviously a bug. I do hope there was someone out there that that opened a ticket as such and that BioWare confirms it so that it can be fixed.

Marteh
06.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #7
It happens to me constantly, I'm usually okay but my companion (Jaesa) always stays invisible except her lightsaber, i have to keep dismissing her to fix it. It's happened to me a couple of times in PvP but not much also.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

sysape
06.22.2013 , 07:56 PM | #8
Yeah happening to me too, really annoying, means I'm not playing my Sentinal.

For me it seems to happen every time I force camo. and only a relogin fixes it.
--
Do we really need sigdashen?
here?

Endek
07.18.2013 , 12:31 AM | #9
My marauder also stays invisible except for the light saber's when the Force Camouflage effect wears off.

Normally, I just wait for the cool down to end and then hit Force Camouflage again to become visible... Re-logging also works for me.

On occasions, it does the same thing to my companion, leaving them invisible except for their weapon.

Have fun out there.
Endek
Server:- Dxun Battle Circle

Kraeius
07.18.2013 , 04:47 AM | #10
I have the same problem but i lived that after I choose force camouflage talent (named Phantom) option from Annihilation tree. But it may be coincidence.