Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

Icemerlin
06.12.2013 , 02:43 PM | #11
I agree with all statements on this post!
Officer of <Republic Gentlemen> Apply Here
/Dread Slayer/
Hurrican'e-Commando Healer/DPS Ty'phoon-Sage Healer/DPS
Tsunam'i-Scoundrel Healer/DPS

KeyboardNinja
06.12.2013 , 02:45 PM | #12
Can you post the HP on each boss, the HP of the adds, the hard enrage time in seconds and the approximate amount of time required to break Ciphas's bubble (being over/under on this value by a little bit doesn't have much impact on the DPS minima).

Personally, I'm really glad the enrage timer is hard. Everyone was complaining about trivial DPS checks on the PTS, so it's good to see things have been retuned. Whether or not it is truly mathematically over-tuned is still up in the air since we haven't seen numbers.

Something to consider: with a Resolve stim and DPS relics, I can get almost 1.2k DPS on my tank on Styrak. I'm almost positive I can get quite a bit more on the Dread Guard as the fight is more static and has fewer debuffs. 40% of Kel'sara really isn't that much, relatively speaking (even assuming even HP levels, 40% is equivalent to enraging at 13% on a normal boss). You may be able to eke out that much just by having your healers drop Affliction once every so often and your tanks pull more damage.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

ErosGyne
06.12.2013 , 02:46 PM | #13
I saw the VOD and have some thoughts
1. Your guild enter a 16 man version with 8 man( is possible)
2. BW switched the enrage timer from 16 man to 8Man (most likely)BUG
because that fight you guys did and the ones on PTS that enrage timer is for 16 man NiM

bigheadbrandon
06.12.2013 , 02:46 PM | #14
Like, nobody is complaining about the real difficulty of the fight with the heal check. The problem is the required dps isn't mathematically possible to achieve at this gear level

bigheadbrandon
06.12.2013 , 02:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ErosGyne View Post
I saw the VOD and have some thoughts
1. Your guild enter a 16 man version with 8 man( is possible)
2. BW switched the enrage timer from 16 man to 8Man (most likely)BUG
because that fight you guys did and the ones on PTS that enrage timer is for 16 man NiM
We checked the hp on 16man and its double what it is on 8man (kelsara has 3mil)

2 may actually be the case

Ansalem
06.12.2013 , 02:47 PM | #16
I am curious though if 16m guilds are having the same issues with the enrage timer or if its actually balanced right for 16?

Krazy_Karl
06.12.2013 , 02:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Can you post the HP on each boss, the HP of the adds, the hard enrage time in seconds and the approximate amount of time required to break Ciphas's bubble (being over/under on this value by a little bit doesn't have much impact on the DPS minima).

Personally, I'm really glad the enrage timer is hard. Everyone was complaining about trivial DPS checks on the PTS, so it's good to see things have been retuned. Whether or not it is truly mathematically over-tuned is still up in the air since we haven't seen numbers.

Something to consider: with a Resolve stim and DPS adrenals, I can get almost 1.2k DPS on my tank on Styrak. I'm almost positive I can get quite a bit more on the Dread Guard as the fight is more static and has fewer debuffs. 40% of Kel'sara really isn't that much, relatively speaking (even assuming even HP levels, 40% is equivalent to enraging at 13% on a normal boss). You may be able to eke out that much just by having your healers drop Affliction once every so often and your tanks pull more damage.
I would encourage you to go in and try for yourself as those of us already have so you too can waste your time attempting a broken encounter.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

mastirkal
06.12.2013 , 02:49 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Lol, when its easy you complain and when its finally difficults, you complain as well?
There's a difference between challenging and impossible. If I'm expected to kill a boss with 5 million health within 300 seconds and each dps does 3,000 dps, each tank 1,200 dps and both healers at 800 we can expect a maximum of 16,000 dps even at that maximum compactly you'll only do 4,800,000 so where does that extra two hundred dps come from? Same applies here, impossible is impossible if full 72 dps, tanks and healers can't do it when the game is meant to be balanced for ANY composition of classes to succeed.

bigheadbrandon
06.12.2013 , 02:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post

Something to consider: with a Resolve stim and DPS relics, I can get almost 1.2k DPS on my tank on Styrak. I'm almost positive I can get quite a bit more on the Dread Guard as the fight is more static and has fewer debuffs. 40% of Kel'sara really isn't that much, relatively speaking (even assuming even HP levels, 40% is equivalent to enraging at 13% on a normal boss). You may be able to eke out that much just by having your healers drop Affliction once every so often and your tanks pull more damage.
a tank's dps isnt going to make up for the dps check required and the healers >>>can not<<< afford to dps

KeyboardNinja
06.12.2013 , 02:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
I would encourage you to go in and try for yourself as those of us already have so you too can waste your time attempting a broken encounter.
I will. My guild isn't running tonight due to scheduling, but we will be in there tomorrow. 2400-2600 DPS is high, but it isn't really the highest I've seen on that fight. We went in there last night and everyone parsed over a 2.7k. Granted, NiM has both red circles and adds, which significantly drop DPS levels, but still. I'm really curious to see exactly how tight this is.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to bring numbers whenever you claim something is "mathematically impossible" (as you have now on multiple threads). I would be more than happy to concede the accuracy of your statement if I was able to verify it with, you know, mathematics.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)