Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tahoeWolverine
06.12.2013 , 02:04 PM | #21
Just curious about 8man Dread Guards, what are the DPS of your 4 dps at enrage? 2500 each? 2800?
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

xZarquon
06.12.2013 , 02:07 PM | #22
The best run I've seen so far in the streams had Kelsara enraging are ~50-60%. In that fight the top dps was at 2422 dps with the others not terribly far behind (I forget the exact numbers but i think they were all between 2250-2400). Given the down time while DPSing down Ciphas' shield, that's pretty substantial.

Typeslice
06.12.2013 , 02:09 PM | #23
This actually makes me look forward to the content more than I was before reading about the roadblock.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

shyroman
06.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dhowl View Post
One time we managed to get to ~700k on kelsara when he enraged. Still seems really hard / impossbile.
Well, at least bioware did what they should do, start it at impossible and slowly tune it down, instead if making it too easy and lots of guilds clearing it in the first few days
Ryann-Sniper; Apophas-Marauder; Jesseca-Operative
Chrisia-Shadow; Ryannack-Sorcerer; Ryanner-Powertech
Jedi Covenant

Typeslice
06.12.2013 , 02:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
Well, at least bioware did what they should do, start it at impossible and slowly tune it down, instead if making it too easy and lots of guilds clearing it in the first few days
I agree. We've had the other extreme for too long.
The Shadowlands

bigheadbrandon
06.12.2013 , 02:15 PM | #26
difference between hard and impossible

the healing check alone in the fight is a fun challenge, not easy but still doable and only the top tier healers are going to be able to handle it.

Typeslice
06.12.2013 , 02:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
difference between hard and impossible

the healing check alone in the fight is a fun challenge, not easy but still doable and only the top tier healers are going to be able to handle it.
You mean difference between hard (mode) and nightmare?

....i kid....i kid
The Shadowlands

Krazy_Karl
06.12.2013 , 02:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
You mean difference between hard (mode) and nightmare?

....i kid....i kid
I know you guys want to unseat us as the top PvE guild on The Shadowlands , but in it's current state, this fight is mathematically impossible given the enrage timer. Everything else about the fight is PERFECT.

I would like to see everything about the fight left as is, but increasing the enrage timer.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Welshgit
06.12.2013 , 02:26 PM | #29
Managed to get it to around 60% with tanks constantly DPSing the correct mob, healer adding DPS whenever possible, and AoEs on phase 3 hitting Kel'sara and the 2 spare adds after controlling them and DPSing the caster solo. Still enrage.

Seems a couple of guilds are skipping the second boss now in HM and continuing in nightmare, I presume that won't count towards the world first clear.
Deshane T'kota
Level 55 Juggernaut
Raid Leader of Nox Inferna

Typeslice
06.12.2013 , 02:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
I know you guys want to unseat us as the top PvE guild on The Shadowlands , but in it's current state, this fight is mathematically impossible given the enrage timer. Everything else about the fight is PERFECT.

I would like to see everything about the fight left as is, but increasing the enrage timer.

Regards,
KK
I'm just busting balls

We're going in as 16 off the bat this round though; so we'll see if the trend started in SV has continued.
The Shadowlands