Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the best free voice chat program for SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Whats the best free voice chat program for SWTOR

06.10.2013 , 03:42 PM | #11
Mumble and Teamspeak are the best. TS is way easier to use.
TS is way more used (at least in Ger).
So if you only want to install one, stick with TS.
Skype is no option for multiuserconversation.
Rest brings nothing that isnt in TS or mumble, and you will most likely not meet others using it.
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

06.11.2013 , 01:59 AM | #12
Skype is evil ... people saying it's a bandwidth hog are completely correct.

Ventrilo can be tweaked almost to the point of programmer specifications and there is a steep learning curve in the beginning to get things the way you like them. Myself and a few guild mates have run into trouble running Vent with SWtoR in the form of choppy in game sound and both game and voice chat disconnects on long raids and guild events.

Teamspeak 3 is quite robust now and is VERY easy to use for beginners. Also have never had an issue running the game and TS together for long periods.

Mumble is making some headway but it still seems to be the red headed step child because it's not all that intuitive and tends to be known as the "kiddies" voice chat.
Dammit ... I HAVE to stop buying no name brand batteries for my light saber !

06.11.2013 , 09:46 AM | #13
Both TS & ventrilo offer better sound quality than most. If using a good codec for audio you can trim the bandwidth down w/out losing too much quality. TS has seriously improved since I first used it in early 2000s. But ventrilo is an old reliable standard.
For some reason TS freezes up a lot when I first start the program, since using Windows Vista/Win7. Also, TS is very quirky sometimes. Packet loss is a bigger issue on TS than most.

08.10.2014 , 08:39 PM | #14
Can anyone please post the best free TeamSpeak link for me? I cant find it :/