Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Redeeming walmart CC card

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beesodd
06.13.2013 , 08:22 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Jerba,

The previous incarnation of the issue appeared to be due to a browser issue. However I haven't been able to determine this fully. For now, can you try using a different browser, or clearing the cache(Ctrl & F5) and see if you can enter the code at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Jerba
06.13.2013 , 08:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Jerba,

The previous incarnation of the issue appeared to be due to a browser issue. However I haven't been able to determine this fully. For now, can you try using a different browser, or clearing the cache(Ctrl & F5) and see if you can enter the code at http://www.swtor.com/redeem-code
Hi Beesodd, thanks for the response! It's great to see you are aware of the issue and I hope we'll be able to fix it.

Previously, I only tried entering the code in Google Chrome.
I went ahead and tried to enter it in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera, but received the same error messages there.

Not sure if it helps, but since the "Redeem an EA Game Card" form tells me "wrong currency" as error message:
I purchased the RotHC expansion with a credit card and paid in Euro. Maybe, if I had purchased the expansion in dollars, the Walmart code would work?

Beesodd
06.13.2013 , 08:52 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for getting back to me. Can you try log back in again now, things should be working for you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Jerba
06.13.2013 , 08:59 AM | #14
OMG, you fixed it, Beesodd! Thank you very, very much! I received both the 2,400 cartel coins as well as the Gilded Flutterplume pet in the mail.
By the way, you may want to tell the phone support how you fixed it so they know how to do it since they told me I have a wrong code or that I should talk to Walmart. Thank you again!

KyaniteD
06.15.2013 , 12:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi AnariaZarRel,

Your code should have gone through now, please check your ledger and in-game mail for the update.

For the others who have the issue, if Sutii's step above doesn't help, please try clearing your browser cache (Ctrl & F5) or using a different browser altogether, and try again. If neither of these steps work, please, as mentioned above, send in a ticket with an image of the code.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I'm having exactly the same problem, both my SWTOR and my EA account are set to US but I cannot redeem the 10-digit Walmart code.

How do send a ticket with an image? Afaik, in-game tickets don't allow attachements and I know of no other way to send/create tickets...
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: Originally Posted by Feargal View Post
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

Rankyn
06.15.2013 , 12:44 PM | #16
Use an image hosting site and link the image in your ticket.
Be sure the image is set to private so only someone with the exact link can see it.

KyaniteD
06.15.2013 , 12:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Use an image hosting site and link the image in your ticket.
Be sure the image is set to private so only someone with the exact link can see it.
Thought of that, too, but wasn't sure if links would go through. Thanks, I'll try that then.
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

KyaniteD
06.16.2013 , 02:16 PM | #18
Well, here's my story:
  • The 10-digits code did not work for me on my account.
  • The account was set to US and has a US billing address. (I am in Germany, however.)
  • I opened an ingame ticket and got a reply telling me to call customer service.
  • First they told me I cannot redeem US codes at all. Then they told me I cannot redeem a 10-digit code.
  • I linked them to the thread where a CS rep said they're not regionally bound.
  • CS then told me to send them a pic of the code and receipt.
  • They tried several things and checked with several people and got back to me saying the code is faulty and shows up as invalid in their systems and to contact the retailer. They were unable to redeem the code to my account directly.
  • The person (in the US) who provided me with the code tried the code on their account and it worked.

This is very frustating. Please get your CS reps updated regarding this issue and possible fixes.

OccultDrake
06.16.2013 , 03:14 PM | #19
Ok so when did the cards come back out again?

tomshepard
06.17.2013 , 11:22 AM | #20
i got the same issue as everyone else still getting error messages