Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing TORBattles.net

leijae
06.07.2013 , 09:05 AM | #31
*UPDATE* Over the course of the last few days, I've done this:

Created a new table for alt characters - now you can add alts to your account and make submissions.
Altered "My Profile" to allow a view for multiple toons for one account
Added killing blows to leaderboard
Added Show Top 10 or 15 to leadboard sorting options
IE support, now more bright background with white text - you should now see a more neutral background with black text (if you're on IE 9, then i pity you)
Leaderboards now show alts that have a rating.
Added profile view of each Alt
DID I MENTION YOU CAN NOW ADD ALTS!

Also, welcome Obiray to the TORBattles.net Team. He will be helping me with new ideas, cleaning up the site, and admin'ing the forums (when they are available), and other admin duties at TORB

*Next Update* - 6/10 or 6/11
Rules Page - Completed
Forums
Some new leaderboards
Sort on leaderboard remembers you options
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

L-RANDLE
06.07.2013 , 09:55 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Any thoughts on adding an advanced stat like OPS(on base plus slugging)?

Call it "DPH" or something? Most combined(min in all three to qualify).
Bump..... What you guys think?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

leijae
06.07.2013 , 10:46 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Any thoughts on adding an advanced stat like OPS(on base plus slugging)?

Call it "DPH" or something? Most combined(min in all three to qualify).
Define OPS

Define DPH

Most combined (damage protection healing?)
........<Public Enemies>

Fouronezero
06.07.2013 , 11:05 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
Define OPS

Define DPH

Most combined (damage protection healing?)
Firstly if you don't know baseball
-OPS = Onbase% + slugging%
-Onbase% = Your total times on base (walk,hit, or hit-by-pitch) divided by your plate appearances.
-Plate Appearance = How many times you came to the plate regardless of outcome.
-Slugging% = How many total bases(an out= 0, single =1, etc etc) you got divided by your at-bats.
-At-Bats = How many times you came to the plate minus your walks and hbp.

OPS is a "advanced" stat in baseball to determine how much someone is helping your team. Basically slugging percentage is a good indication of how well a hitter is doing. The higher the number, the more bases they are taking via hitting. However this stat does not account for walks or hit by pitches, so it leaves out a percentage of plate appearances that are important. On base percentage determines how well a person gets on base regardless of what he does (a home run and walk count as the same). Basically OPS combines these 2 stats in an attempt to get a more reliable stat that can incorporate everything.

So with out the baseball terms, OPS is a more effective way to determine a hitters effectiveness as opposed to the traditionally kept stats ( batting avg, slugging, onbase, etc).

DPH looks to be Damage + Protection + Healing. Basically he is asking for a new stat perhaps to determine someone's effectiveness, which could be adding those 3 stats.
Fouroneoh
Infinity Gate > Prophecy of the Five

leijae
06.07.2013 , 12:12 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Fouronezero View Post
Firstly if you don't know baseball
-OPS = Onbase% + slugging%
-Onbase% = Your total times on base (walk,hit, or hit-by-pitch) divided by your plate appearances.
-Plate Appearance = How many times you came to the plate regardless of outcome.
-Slugging% = How many total bases(an out= 0, single =1, etc etc) you got divided by your at-bats.
-At-Bats = How many times you came to the plate minus your walks and hbp.

OPS is a "advanced" stat in baseball to determine how much someone is helping your team. Basically slugging percentage is a good indication of how well a hitter is doing. The higher the number, the more bases they are taking via hitting. However this stat does not account for walks or hit by pitches, so it leaves out a percentage of plate appearances that are important. On base percentage determines how well a person gets on base regardless of what he does (a home run and walk count as the same). Basically OPS combines these 2 stats in an attempt to get a more reliable stat that can incorporate everything.

So with out the baseball terms, OPS is a more effective way to determine a hitters effectiveness as opposed to the traditionally kept stats ( batting avg, slugging, onbase, etc).

DPH looks to be Damage + Protection + Healing. Basically he is asking for a new stat perhaps to determine someone's effectiveness, which could be adding those 3 stats.
what i meant was more, how do i convert the the stats to swtor. i'm not that great at math (finshed algebra in college, then no more math)

I would be glad to make that stat for the website somewhere, just provide me with a forumula.

Pretty much, I can do any stat, just provide me with the correct formula.
........<Public Enemies>

squareofsky
06.07.2013 , 12:14 PM | #36
Did you just invent lightsabermetrics?

L-RANDLE
06.07.2013 , 12:25 PM | #37
what i meant was more, how do i convert the the stats to swtor. i'm not that great at math (finshed algebra in college, then no more math)

I would be glad to make that stat for the website somewhere, just provide me with a forumula.

Pretty much, I can do any stat, just provide me with the correct formula.
Well I was thinking add all three, but it would leave some AC's out....

The reason I was looking at this was I see some DPS contribution to the heals in a pinch and vise versa. To me, those type of contributions should be a stat, because it is a more broad determination of a players contribution to a warzone.....
Now that we are going down this road, I think a better analysis of a high number submitted should take into account the teammates and opposition...

Meditate on this, I will..

But your site is a great start for a real rating system...

L-RANDLE
06.07.2013 , 12:26 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by squareofsky View Post
Did you just invent lightsabermetrics?
Well, maybe I did....

I would have a very vested interest in making an effective rating based on a lot of the structure already laid out...

_Kayko_
06.08.2013 , 07:19 AM | #39
users aren't able to delete their submissions yet. if you want I can reset your whole account and you can submit everything all over again.
Ya, I think this would be the best way to go for now. I'll re-up them under the right names and hopefully grab the right categories.
[Jedi Covenant] ~Katsune Legacy
Kayko - 55 Kinetic Sage
Sonika - 51 Lightning Inquisitor
Kaito - 55 Balance Sage

leijae
06.08.2013 , 09:30 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by _Kayko_ View Post
Ya, I think this would be the best way to go for now. I'll re-up them under the right names and hopefully grab the right categories.
Ok all of your stats have been cleared out.
........<Public Enemies>