Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please TAKE OFF your Battlemaster, Recruit and Centurion gear before joining a WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please TAKE OFF your Battlemaster, Recruit and Centurion gear before joining a WZ

Jherad
05.27.2013 , 04:25 AM | #1
PSA:

Any Battlemaster, Recruit, Recruit MKII or Centurion gear is now negatively impacted by the new bolster system in 2.0, and should NOT be worn. Wearing it will give you worse stats in WZs than you would have if you just picked up some old green PvE quest/leveling gear. Seriously, go buy some trash greens from the GTN.

Please, do us all a favour and stop queuing in it. It's great that people are trying PvP again after obviously being away for a while, but you're doing yourself no favours at all by wearing that old gear. If you don't have somewhere around 24k hp minimum, something is screwing your bolster up. If you have 20k hp and 1500 expertise, you are going to get *massacred* for no good reason.

I believe it is also still the case that you should remove the expertise color crystals from any War Hero or Elite War hero weapons you have, and replace them with PvE crystals (power/crit/end). You should also ideally replace any pre2.0 PvP relics with versions that don't have expertise on (EDIT: WH/EWH relics of boundless ages should be ok, as the huge power bonuses may make up for the bolster shortfall).

Is there any chance this could be stickied, and ideally have some kind of ingame mail sent to players returning after a long absence? This kind of thing has to be making their lives miserable in WZs.

This message was brought to you by the committee of 'I just hit that guy for 11k and took more than half his health'.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ImpliedCarth
05.27.2013 , 04:26 AM | #2
So I can use my champion gear instead?
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

Jherad
05.27.2013 , 04:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpliedCarth View Post
So I can use my champion gear instead?
/bonk
Youtube / Twitch

AngusFTW
05.27.2013 , 04:38 AM | #4
Please keep queueing in recruit, bm, centurion and champion because i want 12k crits.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezßr. Bleezlˇrd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Jayshames
05.27.2013 , 04:45 AM | #5
You know what's funny..

I joined a wz last night with a guildie and I was tanking in half Partisan and a mix and match of 69 and 66 mods. 40k health and 1.7k expertise. Some guy started having a go at me because I was wearing some PvE gear, telling me to wear PvP gear.

I shrugged it off at first until I noticed him dying fast, I looked at his stats and he's still using some recruit pieces and he's 1.4k expertise. made me facepalm.

Copperheadr
05.27.2013 , 04:52 AM | #6
Battlemaster shells with partisan mods are okay, right ?

Former Bria resident.

Jherad
05.27.2013 , 05:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Copperheadr View Post
Battlemaster shells with partisan mods are okay, right ?
Shells of anything are fine. Just don't wear any pre 2.0 pvp mods or unmoddable pvp gear.
Youtube / Twitch

DrewFromPhilly
05.27.2013 , 07:34 AM | #8
So....have less than 2018 expertise and the partisan/conqueror proc relics aren't bis?

Endel
05.27.2013 , 08:01 AM | #9
Hmm i was wondering about this tbh.

I came back a week ago after leaving in March 2012. I left with my scoundrel beeing a War Hero with full BM gear. Now i''m playing new OP but i wanted to dust off my scoundrel and play some WZ's and now i see this...

Is he really going to be a punch bag for everyone else because he is full BM gear? How can a player wearing PvE gear have better stats? I know there was some bolster change but is it bolstering PvE pieces so much that they outmatch PvP specific gear?

In other words: PvE gear > PvP gear right now in PvP environment? If so, what was BW thinking when implementing something like this?

Can someone tell me what gear should i get for my scoundrel insteads of a BM gear?

Confused a bit...

Malister
05.27.2013 , 08:13 AM | #10
Before you hit level 55, it is not recommended to wear anything with Expertise on it; however, if you happen to have War Hero or Elite War Hero gear, you can keep it (except for the Relics). Once you reach level 55, buy Partisan and Conqueror. Simple as that.
<The Aethon Legacy>