Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC Breaker changes & Electronet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC Breaker changes & Electronet

Twighead
05.26.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1
In addition to it's many negatives, this change will greatly diminish the effectiveness of electronet. Electronet will no longer be doing it's job if people just break constantly. Haven't seen anyone else bring this one up yet, so what do you all think?

foxmob
05.26.2013 , 05:13 PM | #2
electro net is incredibly powerful. I haven't seen anything that actually "breaks" it. you can break its snare. you're still going to get eaten alive if you keep moving.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Twighead
05.26.2013 , 05:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
electro net is incredibly powerful. I haven't seen anything that actually "breaks" it. you can break its snare. you're still going to get eaten alive if you keep moving.
Yes, it does good damage. But it won't prevent stealthers from getting away or keep warriors from leaping on you which, to me, is more important than the damage.

HoboWithAStick
05.26.2013 , 05:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
Yes, it does good damage. But it won't prevent stealthers from getting away or keep warriors from leaping on you which, to me, is more important than the damage.
Actually I'm pretty sure it does prevent warriors from leaping on you, last time I played mine I had to stand there and just eat it.

Khrondoski
05.26.2013 , 05:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure it does prevent warriors from leaping on you, last time I played mine I had to stand there and just eat it.
It does prevent you from leaping, but you can use your cc break on it, then it no longer restricts high mobility actions.

Noodlepoop
05.26.2013 , 06:14 PM | #6
The change will diminish the effectiveness of every CC. Every CC won't do its job when it's broken. I don't see how electronet is special here.

mandoforlife
05.26.2013 , 06:15 PM | #7
I hadn't even thought about this. For all those aren't sure, your cc breaker DOES remove the hindered debuff, thus allowing high mobility actions (leap, exfiltrate, force sprint ect.), and if your an operative, you can use evasion to remove the DoT too. The cc breaker resetting on death will wreck electonet, which will take away our ranked viability. The ranked team I've been talking with would take me for two reasons: my burst, and more importantly, electronet. With the cc break reset, a scoundrel healer could break the electonet hinder, roll away, get killed anyways, then be able to break the next electonet I throw on him (after a 90 second CD to boot).

It's obvious this is the dev's way to resolve (pun totally intended) the cc problems, but it will wreck so many systems in warzones. They're better off making resolve fill faster and decay slower. Otherwise, I and many other Mercs can say goodbye to our fleeting chance of participating in ranked.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

mandoforlife
05.26.2013 , 06:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Noodlepoop View Post
The change will diminish the effectiveness of every CC. Every CC won't do its job when it's broken. I don't see how electronet is special here.
It's special because it's Merc's main ticket into ranked warzones.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Jherad
05.26.2013 , 06:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
It's about 8k damage if you move through the entire duration.

Good damage, but hardly in 'eaten alive' territory, and spread over 9 seconds.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

foxmob
05.26.2013 , 06:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
it dots them, so they won't be able to stealth. you're using electro net, so you have stealth scan even if they were able to do this. these are non-issues.

what the breaker does do is allows them to leap to you or scamper away. both cases are going to cost them a lot of hp. the latter case is a "win" since WZ are objective based. you've just successfully defended or won the position. resetting the breaker on death is only an issue A) because /stuck is a retarded mechanic inside of WZs and B) side speeders in CW that shouldn't be there in the first place. I'll throw in a C) healers are going to be a little harder to burn than they already are, but if they need to die in order to reset, then they're already dead. so you did your job. not a huge issue.

frankly, I don't like all the CC capping. I realize it's a necessity, especially since everyone else does it (in rated) and healing is up across the board (so is mitigation). but I prefer winning by killing the other guy rather than cc and root. iunno. I"m sure I'm not alone, but I know it's not unanimous. and I'm confident someone will come on and call me not nice things simply for holding this opinion. gotta love the internets.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.