Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[PETITION] A request to know the exact details of 2.4, the "PVP patch"

Mossesman
05.24.2013 , 12:17 PM | #11
/signed

Sounds to me like there "You should look forward to 2.4" is actually "We dont have a freaking clue what were doing with PvP atm"
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Ottoattack
05.24.2013 , 12:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
Better question is how many pvp'rs will stick around till 2.4. playing the same 5 WZs and trying to figure out what pve gear they should wear in pvp.
This!

I am not that interested to know the changes if they will occur 5 month from now. PvP content was expected with 2.0 not 6 month later.

dannycarr
05.24.2013 , 12:21 PM | #13
Or they already have the content, but because they have no staff apart from cartel pack creation designers, they are holding back content and drip feeding us slowly to try and keep us happy. I demand to know what is on the horizon for PvP, fed up of being left in the dark.

IAmViiOLENT
05.24.2013 , 12:24 PM | #14
They gave the PvE'rs exact details of what new content to expect in 2.2 onwards.

The LEAST they could is say, PvP'rs you're getting a new WZ, Gametype, OWPvP, Ranked Season, 4v4 content etc. They don't NEED to tell us what the exact thing is, but just saying what category it would fall under? That would be great, because at this very moment, my continued sub depends on whether or not I have something to look forward to.

Avicii
05.24.2013 , 12:27 PM | #15
Saddly there is no way they are going to tell us anything as if they dont put in there or meet the time frame there will be a huge uproar. However the flipside is if they dont start communicating or pumping out PvP stuff they are going to lose more and more of the PvP player base. For them its a catch 22 likely damned if they do damned if they dont. But they put themselves in this bind.

At the Dallas meeting **** they stated PvPers would be "happy" with the upcoming patch which led to speculation of 2.2 but likely 2.3 being PvP focused, then today they drop the bomb nope maybe next Oct and really it might not be **** in it for PvPers other then a gear reset. If they thought we would be happy about waiting till Oct they are freaking high.

XyriusSES
05.24.2013 , 12:33 PM | #16
While I'd like to know the contents of the patch, I'd much rather know why it is being pushed back so late after being advertised for coming out shortly after 2.0.

Capt_Beers
05.24.2013 , 12:41 PM | #17
Honestly whatever their plan is if they can't get it sorted out for October they can keep it so I don't see why they can't fill us in. Go ahead BW enlighten us. Why should we stay?

You tell us we'll be pleased then give us no details for a PvP patch that going by your release schedule ~7 weeks after 2.3 drops in August. which would make it hot on the heels of the last one (12/11/2012). Unless you count bolster which did far more harm than good. We have been in pre-season 1 for over a year. No mention of cross server queues (although by then we shouldn't need them since so many people will be gone we should all be on one server).

So what's it going to be BW? Are you going to tempt us or are going to stay quiet and watch us all walk away?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Xarimath
05.24.2013 , 12:41 PM | #18
Agree and quote.

I'm a subscriber since the release date of this game and devs seems that are enjoying to pull our legs. **** this, I tried to be civil, I tried to give them a second chance, I trusted their words, they said that 2.2 was the patch that we were waiting for pvp... And instead just the CC Breaker reset on death? Are u *********** kidding me?

Another slap in our face.

Anyway signed for this petition.
Jariel, your friendly neighborhood sentinel.

WeaponsOfWar
05.24.2013 , 12:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
Better question is how many pvp'rs will stick around till 2.4. playing the same 5 WZs and trying to figure out what pve gear they should wear in pvp.
THIS. Its been rated preseason for over a year, and by the time they (presumably) release it in October or so with 2.4 it will have been a year and a half. And my guess is, update 2.4 won't even bring season 1 of rateds. They likely will change the pvp with that update, and then wait another 2 updates until everyone gets used to it before they actually implement season 1.

Obviously the devs don't care about the pvp player base at all. In fact they care about us so little, that they probably don't even care about all the subs they are going to lose over this. I already know people who unsubdued after reading this new news.

There is no hope for pvp in this game, at all. If you like what it is at the moment, by all means continue playing. But if you are hoping that there are going to be new warzones, or rated seasons, or pvp updates......better to unsub now. Bioware is only holding the carrot on the stick in front of your face so they can keep your subsciption money for another 6 months to help fund their future PVE updates.
WEAPONS OF WAR GUILD
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com

Pistols
05.24.2013 , 12:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by WeaponsOfWar View Post
THIS. Its been rated preseason for over a year
Pre-season came out at the end of June 2012...although it was planned (1.2) to come out over a year ago...