Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full dark/light side storylines

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Full dark/light side storylines

gutogrando
05.23.2013 , 01:02 PM | #1
Does it affect something if I make ALL my decisions in the same side or take just a few in the opposing side?
Or I just need Light/Dark side V to acomplish something?

I mean... does it change anything aside from unlock equipment or it really changes the end of story?

To be honest... maybe I just need a guide on how this system works... =x

Bytemite
05.23.2013 , 01:45 PM | #2
It can change the end of the story in some cases, and it also changes character reactions to you during the story.

For example, when you finish Hutta on an Imperial Agent then talk to keeper, he says something different depending on your alignment - he chastises you if you go close to full light or dark side, but praises you if you have about equal light side or dark side points.

And I know that the end of the jedi knight class story has a slightly different ending sequence depending on if you're lightside or darkside.
Spoiler

gutogrando
05.23.2013 , 03:05 PM | #3
Okay but... lets say I wanna finish the game as Light side... If a make some dark side choices in the way, but still finish the game as light side V, will I still see the light side ending?
Or I MUST choose 100% light side choices all the way?

Seireeni
05.23.2013 , 03:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by gutogrando View Post
Okay but... lets say I wanna finish the game as Light side... If a make some dark side choices in the way, but still finish the game as light side V, will I still see the light side ending?
I think most of "light side endings" are tied to certain choices - you can get a "light side ending" (with most of classes) in dark V if you pick the light option at right places.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

zzoorrzz
05.23.2013 , 03:11 PM | #5
I dont think there are any light/dark endings really. Some particular choices can change your ending slightly, but it all depends on you choices in the last cutscene, what you say/do. That's more important than background of the scene that can be affected by your choices from the past. At least that I deduced from what I've seen so far.

And the amount of light/dark choices you made doesnt matter at all. Its only particular chocies that can affect your ending sometimes.

SW_display_name
05.23.2013 , 04:21 PM | #6
What choice triggers the lecture from Satele Shan at the end of the Jedi Knight storyline? I assumed it was just your ending Alignment.
Quote: Originally Posted by gutogrando View Post
Generally, it works like this:
  • Each time you make a decision in the storyline, it sets a "flag" internally for what that decision was.
  • Sometimes, later events in the game will check your internal mission "flags" for whether you made a certain choice one way or the other.
  • Then, text or speeches (or sometimes entire events, but this is rare) may change to reflect what you did.

I haven't encountered anything where it was cumulative alignment that made a difference (except maybe the JK ending), but more the result of certain choices being made at key points.

Seireeni
05.23.2013 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
What choice triggers the lecture from Satele Shan at the end of the Jedi Knight storyline? I assumed it was just your ending Alignment.
Haven't actually finished JK storyline yet, but if it was that, they would have to have an ending for neutrals too I guess.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

SW_display_name
05.23.2013 , 04:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Haven't actually finished JK storyline yet, but if it was that, they would have to have an ending for neutrals too I guess.
She only seems to notice if you're "Dark", otherwise she doesn't really say anything and just praises you as a hero. But I never did figure out if this was an Alignment check, or a key choice somewhere near the end.

Maylen
05.23.2013 , 04:47 PM | #9
It is just based on alignment. My jedi was in the neutral range- I got the 'hero ending'. I didn't finish it and got some more dark side points (enough for dark 1), and got the other ending.

Mekkanon
05.30.2013 , 02:17 AM | #10
Next to the JK i know of these
Sith inquistor end title depends on your Alignment (so not choices)
The agent story in total is an alignment mess and full of plottwist, so your best of just picking what you would do rather then going full alignment.
Dark side sith warrior get a different companion then Lightside sith warrior