2.2 will be PvP patch?

Chrisarn

During the Commuinity Cantina in Dallas, the QA BioWare said "Big PvP patch was coming soon, it should make us happy."

They have talked about "PvP systems for experienced players".

Is this patch 2.2 or a later one? Seems PvP havent gotten much love lately. They said on different Cantina meeting that a PvP patch was gonna come shortly after 2.0.

What do you ppl think?

When asked if Arena will come to SWTOR they answered;

Damion Schubert: He couldn’t answer directly, but said that a big PvP patch was coming soon that should make us happy.

Source: Ootinicast

http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/correspondents-report-community-cantina-dallas/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the Commuinity Cantina in Dallas, the QA BioWare said "Big PvP patch was coming soon, it should make us happy."

Is this patch 2.2 or a later one? Seems PvP havent gotten much love lately. They said on different Cantina meeting that a PvP patch was gonna come shortly after 2.0.

What do you ppl think?

Damion Schubert: He couldn’t answer directly, but said that a big PvP patch was coming soon that should make us happy.

Yes Arena. Yes. YE$$$$

50k credits that "arenas" will just be 4 man warzones

They have stated that to few ppl do Rated WZ, getting 8 ppl and ques are sometimes long for it.

During the implementation of RWZ, it said in the futuret you were gonna be able to que for RWZ whatever group size. (Thins info was on the WZ que window, but was later removed.)

I started this game when people zerged Ilum, and drove around the "Ilum 500" looking for boxes.

It wasn't fun. I would welcome 4 man wzs.

YES!!!

Oh the days. They should have an instanced "Battleground" for Ilum that is a 32v32 deal. Same setup as old ilum before the gree took over and have it be baller.

No open world PvP plans.... can't say I'm surprised. Their excuse is "difficult to implement". Well yeah, it might take some effort :(

Open world pvp isnt hard at all to implement you sort of have it now as you can attack the opposing force in most areas.What we do need tho is some sort of reward for killing a member of the opposing force SWG had it near perfect and disney now own the code as far as im aware.All they have to do is give something like 10-20 wz tokens for every enemy you kill in open world simples

Open world pvp isnt hard at all to implement you sort of have it now as you can attack the opposing force in most areas.What we do need tho is some sort of reward for killing a member of the opposing force SWG had it near perfect and disney now own the code as far as im aware.All they have to do is give something like 10-20 wz tokens for every enemy you kill in open world simples

Oh yes, bring back the kill trading from Illum 1.0 :rolleyes:. No matter what kind of Open World PvP BW thinks up, this community goes out of it's way to abuse it. The problem is that Imps and Pubs are actually friends on many servers, so most of the time they end up working together to finish kill dailys rather than fighting each other. The only exception is in WZs, where a side actually has to win.

Edited by DimeStax

Oh yes, bring back the kill trading from Illum 1.0 :rolleyes:. No matter what kind of Open World PvP BW thinks up, this community goes out of it's way to abuse it. The problem is that Imps and Pubs are actually friends on many servers, so most of the time they end up working together to finish kill dailys rather than fighting each other. The only exception is in WZs, where a side actually has to win.

Which is why they might need to implement a penalty for open world pvp deaths. Would that would be idk.

No open world PvP plans.... can't say I'm surprised. Their excuse is "difficult to implement". Well yeah, it might take some effort :(

Open World Pvp - it when your lowbie 28 level sorc one-shoted 55 lvl scrapper scoundrel in pvp gear on Alderaan, when you just leveling your storyline.

And again one-shoted.

And again.

And once again.

Sure, you like open world pvp :o

What do you ppl think?

PVP PATCH

PVP PATCH

PVP PATCH

PVP PATCH

PVP PATCH

PVP PATCH

haha, yeah right

Edited by Capote

By the same token (albeit not as prevalent as the Ilum trading), there do exist teams that farm each other in Rankeds for comms as well. But yeah, anytime an Open World PvP design offers some form of "reward based system" tons of players will literally farm it.

I don't have any issues with some form of a meta-game system (or planetary control) for Open World PvP...but understand this is never likely to happen. The producers don't see PvP as something worth investing into, thus the massive hemorrhaging of players in TOR since release.

By the same token (albeit not as prevalent as the Ilum trading), there do exist teams that farm each other in Rankeds for comms as well. But yeah, anytime an Open World PvP design offers some form of "reward based system" tons of players will literally farm it.

I don't have any issues with some form of a meta-game system (or planetary control) for Open World PvP...but understand this is never likely to happen. The producers don't see PvP as something worth investing into, thus the massive hemorrhaging of players in TOR since release.

which is baffling logic.

- ignore pvp content

- players leave b/c of lack of pvp content

- wonder why players leave the game

- continue ignoring pvp content

errr durur what? what is even more frustrating is that the devs have openly acknowledged that more players participate in PvP than ops/fps. WHY WOULD YOU NOT OFFER MORE CONTENT TO THE MAJORITY PLAYSTYLE!?!?!?!??!?!

it just doesnt make sense from a business perspective. which youd think EA would be on top of, they are all about the benjamins

They have stated that to few ppl do Rated WZ, getting 8 ppl and ques are sometimes long for it.

During the implementation of RWZ, it said in the futuret you were gonna be able to que for RWZ whatever group size. (Thins info was on the WZ que window, but was later removed.)

Too few RWZs because leaders are pri*ks who wait 4 hours to have the one and only top FOTM with all the specs aligned else they don't play.

We are down to WoW 5 men arena reloaded. Be a warrior, pala and perfect FOTM spec etc. etc. or reroll. NAO.

"You are shadow, you respec tank or GTF0.

So much for grinding countless hour for DPS gear and for loving infiltration spec.

which is baffling logic.

- ignore pvp content

- players leave b/c of lack of pvp content

- wonder why players leave the game

- continue ignoring pvp content

errr durur what? what is even more frustrating is that the devs have openly acknowledged that more players participate in PvP than ops/fps. WHY WOULD YOU NOT OFFER MORE CONTENT TO THE MAJORITY PLAYSTYLE!?!?!?!??!?!

it just doesnt make sense from a business perspective. which youd think EA would be on top of, they are all about the benjamins

Being greedy money grabbers <> being smart. Look at their other MMOs they left to die an undeserved death.

All they have to do is give something like 10-20 wz tokens for every enemy you kill in open world simples

10-20?! I'd be over the moon with 1 comm per kill. I can't even begin to tell you how much i've enjoyed pvping with my friend on ilum this week. Even with no reward. Open world pvp is a godsend. I would love them to just leave the gree event on fulltime, not have it as an event as such, but release new featured gear or items and increase the amount needed for them massively. Also like said before add a comm per kill.

Anyway, the difference it makes towards people perspective of class imbalance from warzones too is amazing. When you don't have to chase a bloody ball around a map, or restricted to ledges and choke points just to get flattened by 8 people.

Implementing open world PVP is not difficult and this is a "game" after all.

Gree event is proof enough that they can do PVP events. Why they chose to make the gree event FFA I don't understand. With the fractional instancing, numbers seem fairly equal or reasonably equal on average across instances.

There are so many MMOs out there that have had at least semi successful OW-PVP, there is no shortage of ideas. The only reason, from my experience, that more people don't OW-PVP, is that there is no directed reward for the activity.

Rewards could be as simple as WZ comms for each kill, Officer ranks for number of kills, officer rank rewards. Officer ranks could decay without PVP activity as a way of encouraging regular PVP activity.

They could have Gree like events on the mixed planets on a regular basis. For example Alderran could have an invasion once a week / twice a week, where control of a central area grants certain rewards. Again, fractional instancing like the Gree event could be used to help manage numbers, and the side with fewer numbers could be augmented with NPCs.

I am convinced more than ever that EA / BW are not really committed to the game, only care about the cartel market, and do not want to deal with PVP. They know that PVP'ers will find every area where they have failed to complete implementation or have failed at implementation.

Bottom line for me is that this game is supposed to be about the Galactic War and EA / BW are not delivering to date.