Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite characters!

sell-dog
05.21.2013 , 04:35 PM | #1
I'm relatively newer to checking these forums often so apologies if this has already been a thread.

Curious of people's favorite characters from the franchise and trying to grab a running total for my own enlightment
For myself I'll say:
Favorite Dark Side User/Sith - Darth Bane
" " Light Side User/Jedi - Yoda
" " Non-Force User - Jet Nebula (quite the entertaining & amazingly crafty character from the great read "Fatal Alliance" if haven't read it)
Honorable Mention: Darth Zannah, Darth Malgus, Exar Kun, Karness Muur, Satale Shan

Feel Free to do whatever you want for your own categories, you want to rank characters, or anything you want to do just go for it
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Wolfninjajedi
05.21.2013 , 04:45 PM | #2
Been done to death but eh why not..

1. Fav Sith: Darth Vader

2. Fav Jedi: Cin Drallig

3. Fav Force User: Kir Kanos(new one, he is hella interesting and a bad *** character)

4. Fav Non-Force User: IG-88

Mentions to: Luke, Obi-Wan, Voolvif Monn, Han, Dash, Wedge, Xizor.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheBBP
05.21.2013 , 05:07 PM | #3
Soontir Fel
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Selenial
05.21.2013 , 06:01 PM | #4
Obi wan kenobi...
Something about that tragic life <3
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

BardaTheHobo
05.21.2013 , 08:43 PM | #5
Favorite characters: Maarek Stele, Booster Terrik, Admiral Thrawn, Lando Calrissian, Talon Karrde, Soontir Fel, and Han Solo.
BardaTheHob˘ -Marksman | Burda - Vengeance | Happyhobo - Bodyguard <WooK>
BardaTheHobo - Sharpshooter | BaradaTheHobo- Scrapper | SuperHobo - Tactics <WoK>
The Harbinger | The Hobo Legacy
"Butů it was so artistically done." - Grand Admiral Thrawn

YoshiRaphElan
05.21.2013 , 09:43 PM | #6
I can't make a list, it wouldn't end, but my all-time favorite is probably Ben Skywalker, with non Force-user being Kal Skirata.

Euphrosyne
05.22.2013 , 12:33 AM | #7
FAVORITE CHARACTER POWER RANKINGS

5. Celeste Morne.
4. LS Jaesa Willsaam.
3. Thrawn.
2. Ton Phanan. I laughed. I cried.
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Not totally sure where to put it: Matt Stover's characterization of Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith. It's up there. Somewhere.

Also receiving votes: Xim, Xendor, the Jedi Exile, Nick Rostu, Wes Janson, Firmus Nantz, Gara/Lara/Kirney, Zsinj, Garm bel Iblis, Ganner Rhysode, Anakin Solo, Vergere.

Never receiving votes: Revan, Skadge, Darth Bane, Iceheart, Kyp Durron, Tahiri, any Rakata, any Mandalorian.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

zzoorrzz
05.22.2013 , 01:04 AM | #8
These come to mind now: Boba Fett, Emperor, Kaliyo, Satele Shan, Rycus Kilran. I could probably think of more, but it would take more time. It also often happens that I like some NPC in swtor and would like to know more about that character. Unfortunately they either die soon or are not important enough.

sell-dog
05.22.2013 , 04:19 PM | #9
Interesting reads and thanks for the input. Personally, I am most familiar with the Jedi/Sith from TOR era so it was interesting reading a little about all the non-force users from the Rise of the Empire Era and Legacy Era. Btw still checking this thread and anyone feel free to add their favorites.

P.S. have a question. For the novels in the Legacy of the Force & Fate of the Jedi series, is it essential to read these books in order? I read a large majority of the TOR era (all except Knight Errant and Red Harvest) and with the exception of the Bane trilogy, those are stand alone books so was wondering on the "rules"/recommendation for others.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

YoshiRaphElan
05.22.2013 , 04:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post
P.S. have a question. For the novels in the Legacy of the Force & Fate of the Jedi series, is it essential to read these books in order? I read a large majority of the TOR era (all except Knight Errant and Red Harvest) and with the exception of the Bane trilogy, those are stand alone books so was wondering on the "rules"/recommendation for others.
*YES*

Read them in order; you will be hugely confused if you do not.