Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Finally, its happening!


GhostDrone's Avatar


GhostDrone
05.21.2013 , 01:34 PM | #11
They better not remove Instant Action/Galactic Conquest.

Multiplayer in the Battlefront games has always been great, but nothing beats a relaxed Instant Action game against some bots now and then.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.21.2013 , 01:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
DLC is how things go now. You are going to have to learn to deal with that.
Sadly true.

Though not always a bad thing, so we'll see how it goes. I'm just happy that someone is finally producing BF3.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
05.21.2013 , 02:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Sadly true.

Though not always a bad thing, so we'll see how it goes. I'm just happy that someone is finally producing BF3.
The bad part about DLC is that it is usually already done pre-release. They just use it to squeeze out more money from people.

But, yes, so happy for a new Battlefront. I still have reservations about it, but I'm still excited.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
05.21.2013 , 03:05 PM | #14
YYYEEEAAHHH BOI!



Try not to **** it up EA.....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Lithy's Avatar


Lithy
05.22.2013 , 03:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
[

P.S. 'Some of the other traditional games? What's he referring to there? (Do I here you saying KOTOR 3? *crosses fingers in vain*
TOR and the Revan book were supposed to be KOTOR 3 in terms of story, or they fill that roll very much. However I can easily see another KOTOR era RPG being made...

Traditional to me sings more of ROUGE SQUADRON series, X-Wing flight games and DarkForces/Jedi Knight series. I would love some more Rouge Squadrons xD
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.23.2013 , 06:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
TOR and the Revan book were supposed to be KOTOR 3 in terms of story, or they fill that roll very much. However I can easily see another KOTOR era RPG being made...

Traditional to me sings more of ROUGE SQUADRON series, X-Wing flight games and DarkForces/Jedi Knight series. I would love some more Rouge Squadrons xD
Yeah I think I'm being a little optimistic with KOTOR 3, I also feel that as long as SWTOR is around we won't be seeing another Star Wars RPG for some time.

But yeah, the fighter series and first-person 'shooters' are likely what we will see being reprised. Which is good because I never really ever got into these games and it would be nice to experience them.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.23.2013 , 12:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The bad part about DLC is that it is usually already done pre-release. They just use it to squeeze out more money from people.

But, yes, so happy for a new Battlefront. I still have reservations about it, but I'm still excited.
Basically my thoughts exactly. Lol, reminds me of this image.

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
05.23.2013 , 12:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The bad part about DLC is that it is usually already done pre-release. They just use it to squeeze out more money from people.

But, yes, so happy for a new Battlefront. I still have reservations about it, but I'm still excited.
retail prices for games are about the same as they were 15 years ago, but the cost to produce AAA games has gone up quite a bit in that same period of time. so to keep their profit margins game co's make DLC. without DLC, top line AAA games would retail for over $100.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
05.23.2013 , 03:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
retail prices for games are about the same as they were 15 years ago, but the cost to produce AAA games has gone up quite a bit in that same period of time. so to keep their profit margins game co's make DLC. without DLC, top line AAA games would retail for over $100.
I disagree. DLC is unnecessary if the game you produce is good quality, well marketed, managed and subsequently successful. For example: Skyrim - I highly successful game and no DLC whatsoever. EA on the other hand are naturally going to opt for DLC - being the Worst Company in America they don't exactly have a dedicated fan base wanting to buy their games, nor do they have much in the dept. of respect for the medium they are handling. If EA weren't so crap at producing games, they wouldn't be relying on DLC to prop themselves up.

Battlefront 3 - with its massive fan base of Star Wars fans - has no need for DLC, so if they introduce it I'll now that what the real incentive is. Money.

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
05.23.2013 , 04:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I disagree. DLC is unnecessary if the game you produce is good quality, well marketed, managed and subsequently successful. For example: Skyrim - I highly successful game and no DLC whatsoever. EA on the other hand are naturally going to opt for DLC - being the Worst Company in America they don't exactly have a dedicated fan base wanting to buy their games, nor do they have much in the dept. of respect for the medium they are handling. If EA weren't so crap at producing games, they wouldn't be relying on DLC to prop themselves up.

Battlefront 3 - with its massive fan base of Star Wars fans - has no need for DLC, so if they introduce it I'll now that what the real incentive is. Money.
hard to take you seriously with that kind of stuff but ill try.

you can disagree with what I said but its actually the truth. another reason for DLC is devs are less limited by release dates set by the publishers. take KOTOR 2 for example, all the stuff that was cut out of the game was done so because they had to meet deadlines. with DLC, unfinished stuff can easily be added to the game in DLC and the publishers are happy to allow extra work to be done after a game launches because of DLC. would have been really nice to have DLC for KOTOR 2 to add in all the stuff that was cut out.

you can wear your tinfoil hate if you want, but the truth is, game companies can only ever charge what people are willing to pay. that is how our economic system works. DLC is popular because people are willing to pay for it. you can hate on EA all you want but they do make and publish a large number of successful games. and they make money like every good business is supposed to do.
can't wait for this game to come out!