Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble with Taking on Toborro

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb
05.20.2013 , 06:04 PM | #1
I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

Idunhavaname
05.21.2013 , 01:12 AM | #2
SPOILER: Stay away from that thing that one shots you.

RIP orange pixel

Zylaro
05.21.2013 , 03:00 AM | #3
Spoiler

johndoeb
05.21.2013 , 11:52 AM | #4
Thanks for all your help guy's and girls. I am going to try that. thanks again.

midianlord
05.30.2013 , 11:17 AM | #5
This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.

(As well, I'm not going to spam LFG!!111oneone in what's supposed to be a non-heroic, either. Have quite my fill of PUGs from warzoning, TYVM!)

E:

Line-of-sight him out that door, to the north of where Toborro's room is --you have more room to do so to your right as you face him --to your left won't break LoS, and will get you one-shotted-- and facing Toborro back through that door. You'll be at extreme range though. Do not go >35m when fighting him, as this is what re-sets him. Hell, he's too easy then. (I just dropped him in like 3 rotations in WH gear at level 55.) Dunno if that's bugged or intended, but I'll take what I can get.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

Vestimente
06.10.2013 , 08:47 PM | #6
I must say this is my least favorite mob in the game. Despite what people have posted, it is far from easy. I'm playing Jedi Knight and have avoided the laser a couple of times, but one mistimed exit from in front of him and you're taking a dirt nap. I don't have an easy way to deal with the slow; and more often than not I don't get away. Pretty soon it is a 3 min wait between fights. I don't see the challenge in insta-death...IMO this is a very poorly implemented fight.
May the Schwartz be with you!

Chim-Lou
06.11.2013 , 02:11 AM | #7
Yeah, that last Boss fight can be pretty tough. I had no Problems with my Vanguard the first time through, but on my Sniper I just couldn't do it alone. Had to ask a guildy for help after I don't know how many deaths, and even so we died once.

Mekkanon
06.12.2013 , 02:42 AM | #8
Think this is harder for ranged casters then instant melee persons.

As my shadow this was the easiest bossfight ever. Id just run in cirkles the entire time. when he does his laser? stand on his side. then start running in cirkles again.
I had my dps companion out and didnt die once.

Guess ranged classes should run around and use their instants as well.

darthscotty
06.16.2013 , 03:23 AM | #9
Died several times till I tried the running around since I am a shadow, it worked perfectly for mele this is definitely the way to go.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

wainot-keel
06.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.
Yeah, what's up with that ?

The other day I was helping a friend with my commando. It was really tough. I checked Dulfy's site and watched a vid, where you clearly saw the ability throwing the slowing s***** at you got interrupted, but it cannot be done anymore. Your interrupt is disabled during that cast now.
I was able to beat it because of Hold the line got off cd at the last moment the 2nd time boss channeled its oneshot laser thing. And it seems you can only be safe at its side, not even at its back.