Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

TheBBP
05.22.2013 , 06:51 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Follow show here for latest news https://twitter.com/starwarsrebels
That is not an official twitter account. It is a fan page/twitter/thing.

ObsidianVashti
05.23.2013 , 09:14 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Anyway, the only reservations I'd have concerning Disney is essentially their target market is children. So it could mean a toning down of the more mature themes we've seem emerging in recent seasons of TCW. But its too early to judge.
This is one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to see a series filled with potential dumbed down.

Eillack
05.24.2013 , 10:11 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianVashti View Post
This is one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to see a series filled with potential dumbed down.
Indeed - I actually started to like TCW when it got canned because the team grew a pair and started to get dark and you could watch people get killed instead of the "Oh you shot me! *spin around and fall on the floor* " garbage that we had for most of it's life haha.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Wolfninjajedi
05.24.2013 , 11:41 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Indeed - I actually started to like TCW when it got canned because the team grew a pair and started to get dark and you could watch people get killed instead of the "Oh you shot me! *spin around and fall on the floor* " garbage that we had for most of it's life haha.
Well the OT/PT was rated PG(save for Ep 3) and look at the dark moments there. But then again...that was the 70s-80s-early 2000s where the ratings were different(in terms of what was shown) but...meh we shall see what happens.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ausstig
05.24.2013 , 07:20 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
well as long as he doesn't set up a bunch of lovable characters an interesting predicament and get us all hyped for the what happens next and then skip it 5 years and leave us wondering what the hell happened in that 5 year jump with barely explaining it that whole way so now instead of asking "whats going to happen next" we are asking "what is going on...." lol
Yeah, it felt like they came up with some epic 5 season story. Then skipped season 2-4.

Season 1 was great, series 2 was all over the shop and things just happened, just compare the season 1 final to the season 2 final and you can see which one involved a lot of set up and foreshadowing. Hint not number 2
Have Force lightning will travel

Noblis
05.24.2013 , 08:52 PM | #76
The animation style of TCW was fantastic. I hope they keep that.

Want more Quinlan Vos (Zaphod Beeblebrox). I heard there is some lore where he assists a young Han Solo.
It could happen in the new production.

Asajj Ventress. She was admin-banned from the Seps (and therefore the new Galactic Empire.)
Is she a bounty hunter? Does she reluctantly help The Rebellion?
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !

Beniboybling
05.25.2013 , 02:20 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Noblis View Post
Asajj Ventress. She was admin-banned from the Seps (and therefore the new Galactic Empire.)
Oooh, I like it. Yeah, do it!

spectreclees
05.25.2013 , 04:02 AM | #78
Maybe Disney will finally release TWC on netflix or some other place I can watch it online for free then?

Eillack
05.25.2013 , 11:17 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Noblis View Post
The animation style of TCW was fantastic. I hope they keep that.

Want more Quinlan Vos (Zaphod Beeblebrox). I heard there is some lore where he assists a young Han Solo.
It could happen in the new production.

Well before TCW ruined her story, Asajj abandoned the entire galaxy pretty much and ran away to never be seen again - I'd imagine she just phases out of the big picture after TCW.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Beniboybling
05.25.2013 , 11:27 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Well before TCW ruined her story, Asajj abandoned the entire galaxy pretty much and ran away to never be seen again - I'd imagine she just phases out of the big picture after TCW.
Ruined her story? I assume your referring to the retcons which made her a Dathomirian nightsister instead of a Rattataki. But if that alone was upholding the quality of her story then, well, her story was never that good to begin with.

Really, before TCW came along Ventress was just another character in the EU. Now she's a major Star Wars figure with an extensive backstory, a voice, an incredibly dynamic personality and a large fanbase. I'd say that's an improvement.