Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 11:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well at least Dave Filoni will be involved.
Good thing and a bit bad seeing that he let a lot of canon-rewriting occur in TCW. (Jango's helm, people dying before their time, bringing back Darth Maul decades earlier than he should have been, killing off the Nightsisters; and the smaller stuff ).
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

TheBBP
05.20.2013 , 11:22 AM | #12
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 11:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Good thing and a bit bad seeing that he let a lot of canon-rewriting occur in TCW. (Jango's helm, people dying before their time, bringing back Darth Maul decades earlier than he should have been, killing off the Nightsisters; and the smaller stuff ).
Well the series was still great though. XD But we shall see what happens, this time period is more open range in terms of what can happen or at least compared to the Clone Wars anyhow.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 11:28 AM | #14
Well the series was still great though. XD But we shall see what happens, this time period is more open range in terms of what can happen or at least compared to the Clone Wars anyhow.
True, all we really have is X amount of comics and TFU I & II....and would have been Star Wars 1313 * cry * .
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account

Beniboybling
05.20.2013 , 11:33 AM | #15
This is good, this is good. When I began reading and saw Simon Kinberg I was like, NO! I want Dave! Then I saw Dave Filoni and was like 'phew'.

I'm actually pretty excited about this, it seems they've got a lot of people who worked on the Clone Wars working on this project which is great because those guys were excellent and the Clone Wars is excellent. I'm just wondering if they'll choose the same animation style and perhaps reprise some of the voice actors. I do hope so.

But yeah, I'm sad to see The Clone Wars go but very very excited to see that animated high quality tv shows are going to become a thing with Star Wars, nice to see the franchise expanding in the right direction.

Also, would we perhaps see a bit of Rahm Kota and Starkiller in this series? Perhaps not but I'd love to see the Emperor, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Xizor etc. and a bit of 1313. Wow is they do this right, this could be great, they really do have a fantastic era to play with.

Beniboybling
05.20.2013 , 11:39 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Filoni made several retcons, but I feel they all added to the story and quite effectively e.g. Maul is easily one of the best characters in the whole series, if not just for Sam Witwer's voice acting.

That's another thing, it would be cool to see Sam Witwer take on some roles in this series

TheBBP
05.20.2013 , 11:47 AM | #17
Can't forget that Filoni only did what Uncle George allowed him to do. Filoni did an amazing work with what he was given considering the escalation of quality from Season 1 to the end.
The Ebon Hawk

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 11:57 AM | #18
Also a plus we won't see many lightsabers(if any they would probably only be from Vader if he appears and the Jedi he fights). So the series could focus on normal beings for once, and good blaster tech/armor and all that other technology.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheBBP
05.20.2013 , 12:10 PM | #19
Also a plus we won't see many lightsabers(if any they would probably only be from Vader if he appears and the Jedi he fights). So the series could focus on normal beings for once, and good blaster tech/armor and all that other technology.
I hope that there is a focus on pilots and such. Would love to see some X-Wing vs TIE Fighter action. Perhaps we will also get some Espionage with the Bothan Spy network and such. There are so many cool things that we didn't get to see in the movies that we could see here.
The Ebon Hawk

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 12:12 PM | #20
That there will probably make we watch this series alone if it is good haha; and if this series doesn't use the same type of CGI as TCW did, it'll look really good too.
CE Owner '09 Account