Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Pureblood equals slave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Pureblood equals slave?

LeftHandTwin
12.21.2011 , 04:10 AM | #1
Now I claim no affinity for the lore of the universe but perhaps someone could give me an explanation for why in the Sith Inquisitor storyline it has been deemed a worthwhile pursuit to have Sith Pureblood characters start off as a slave the equal of a Twi'lek or human?

Felight
12.21.2011 , 04:15 AM | #2
The sith have a caste system and some families that have fallen in power end up being slaves to the more powerful ones
You got a problem with this?

Go love yourself

Strealer
12.21.2011 , 04:16 AM | #3
Play the class and follow the story, and you shall have your answer.
Would you like some bread to that whine?

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 04:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LeftHandTwin View Post
Now I claim no affinity for the lore of the universe but perhaps someone could give me an explanation for why in the Sith Inquisitor storyline it has been deemed a worthwhile pursuit to have Sith Pureblood characters start off as a slave the equal of a Twi'lek or human?
Well, I believe if a Sith Pureblood carries some form of imperfection they were deemed inferior. Some Sith purebloods not having all five fingers for example were considered lessers and inferior to those that carried all five. Just one such example.

LeftHandTwin
12.21.2011 , 04:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Well, I believe if a Sith Pureblood carries some form of imperfection they were deemed inferior. Some Sith purebloods not having all five fingers for example were considered lessers and inferior to those that carried all five. Just one such example.
This is a matter of confusion for me however as I look exactly the same as "Fash" is it? The Sith Pureblood acolyte that your instructor favours. There are other moments when side quests add to my growing confusion. The security guy asks if I am a traitor to the empire and enquires whether I am Sith enough despite obviously being Pureblood. Not to mention Lord whats-his-face the Sith Pureblood at the giant pyramid in the Academy calls into question my Sith lineage depsite being Pureblood.

CactusBrawler
12.21.2011 , 04:33 AM | #6
It's because some nameless Darth, whom you were serving prior to the game did something bad, and dragged everyone else down with him.

slavery was your punishment for your previous masters mistakes.

xeeki
12.21.2011 , 08:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LeftHandTwin View Post
This is a matter of confusion for me however as I look exactly the same as "Fash" is it? The Sith Pureblood acolyte that your instructor favours. There are other moments when side quests add to my growing confusion. The security guy asks if I am a traitor to the empire and enquires whether I am Sith enough despite obviously being Pureblood. Not to mention Lord whats-his-face the Sith Pureblood at the giant pyramid in the Academy calls into question my Sith lineage depsite being Pureblood.
I am a Cyborg, and he did not question me, he spoke to me as an equal, and we both complained about the other "unpure" ones. While I am obviously not a Pureblood, but a human, with cybernetic enhancements, or whatever. (Never really got the Cyborg race)

AbsolutGrndZero
12.21.2011 , 10:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xeeki View Post
I am a Cyborg, and he did not question me, he spoke to me as an equal, and we both complained about the other "unpure" ones. While I am obviously not a Pureblood, but a human, with cybernetic enhancements, or whatever. (Never really got the Cyborg race)
Right, and also you have to realize that in this time period "Sith Pureblood" is a misnomer. Their blood ISN'T pure. Kinda like the "pure one race" groups in real life.... how many can truly say they are 100% one ethnic group all the way back to the start? Sith (the species) has been breeding with humans for years. They aren't pure. They may still look red with spiky faces and call themselves pureblood, but they stopped being TRUE Purebloods when humans arrived on Korriban and taught them the ways of the Force.

This is part of why that quest with the guy having your scan the Academy Lords is here... The guy is finding out that few ACTUAL 100% PUREBLOOD remain.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Mozbe
12.21.2011 , 10:36 AM | #9
You also have to remember that there is a Sith race, and the Sith as an cult/organization/religion they are two different things. If I remember that quest from beta, the giver is of the Sith race, and that is what they are referring to

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith

Darth_Vicente
12.21.2011 , 10:40 AM | #10
It's because Sith Purebloods weren't intended to be Inquisitors, but due to popular demand, the devs decided the awkward dialogue in the beginning of the game would be forgivable. Thus, every Sith Inquisitor interaction was written without Pureblood in mind.

Source: Interviews with Daniel Erickson
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin