Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abeloth in the SW:TOR

pbajnokl
05.20.2013 , 12:35 AM | #1
Well see this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...21#post6326621 and when u read it leave a comment here or in the suggestion box

Aurbere
05.20.2013 , 02:13 PM | #2
Our characters are nothing compared to Abeloth. Even Luke Skywalker is not as powerful as she is.

The best any character (that isn't Luke Skywalker) can do, is suicide. There really isn't any point. Want an example her?

Ben Skywalker hit her with a Force Push powerful enough to knock a frigate out of orbit. She barely registered the blast.

Or how about her being a dozen times more powerful than Luke Skywalker?

At best, the characters you mentioned would only serve as her vessels or mind slaves.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Master-LC
05.20.2013 , 11:03 PM | #3
well wookiepedia says that luke defeated her multiple times in combat how can she be more powerfull? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth

Bird_of_Thunder
05.20.2013 , 11:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by master-lc View Post
well wookiepedia says that luke defeated her multiple times in combat how can she be more powerfull? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/abeloth
You don't argue with Aurbere. He is never wrong, because he is the official historian of these forums. And if you argue with Aurbere, you will always lose
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 11:23 PM | #5
All I am seeing on the page, is that Luke and Abeloth had one battle in which Luke destroyed the body she was in only to be incapacitated right after, the rest seem that the Jedi ganged up on Abeloth. More to that even if its true...

Uh hi, were talking about Grand Master Luke Skywalker. You know...the most powerful Jedi ever? If he needed help to beat Abeloth, what makes you think any of our characters would last? In fact, there wouldn't even be a fight our characters would arrive to her and she would just destroy all of them with a simple gesture.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrianDavion
05.20.2013 , 11:48 PM | #6
I've got a pet theory that the Terror from Beyond actually IS Abeloth

pbajnokl
05.21.2013 , 12:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Our characters are nothing compared to Abeloth. Even Luke Skywalker is not as powerful as she is.

The best any character (that isn't Luke Skywalker) can do, is suicide. There really isn't any point. Want an example her?

Ben Skywalker hit her with a Force Push powerful enough to knock a frigate out of orbit. She barely registered the blast.

Or how about her being a dozen times more powerful than Luke Skywalker?

At best, the characters you mentioned would only serve as her vessels or mind slaves.
Have u read my link? never said our characters alone (or together with republic and empire united) could defeat Abeloth. Just put abeloth back in her prison with the help of the Son and Daugther while in this short time empire and repubic unite their forces like luke and darth krayt did.

Edit.: btw Luke neve had the chance to figth against ableoth with the help of the Son and Daugther since they were dead for a while. Just think some daily quest chain where as a republic player get daily event quests where she gift u mind protection or whatever protection(and same for the empire with the son) and tadaa... no vessel for abeloth. Man use ur imagination...

revensix
05.21.2013 , 01:05 AM | #8
I think I have a question, what makes Luke so strong, I keep hearing people praise the Skywalker line as the strongest, but the main ones people talk about never really faced as big of threats as they could.

I get that they are main peeps in the movies and some books, but have they really earned the right to be hailed as the best, or do the people often hailing em just misinformed?

Being 100% honest, it has just been bothering me as of late.
A Bounty Hunter doesn't kill you too early or too late, he kills you exactly when he means to.

October
05.21.2013 , 01:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-LC View Post
well wookiepedia says that luke defeated her multiple times in combat how can she be more powerfull? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth
If you've read the FotJ series you'd know she was considerably weak then, which was why she was pretty much leeching off the crazed Jedi.

But Abeloth was a Force entity, rather than simple Jedi or Sith, so it isn't really fair to compare them.

Besides that, her powers were those of The Ones, and Anakin was able to overpower the Twin Dieties on his own, and Luke is more powerful than Anakin, so with that logic, I guess it makes sense that Luke was able to defeat her.

October
05.21.2013 , 01:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by revensix View Post
I think I have a question, what makes Luke so strong, I keep hearing people praise the Skywalker line as the strongest, but the main ones people talk about never really faced as big of threats as they could.

I get that they are main peeps in the movies and some books, but have they really earned the right to be hailed as the best, or do the people often hailing em just misinformed?

Being 100% honest, it has just been bothering me as of late.
Pretty sure it's because Anakin was born by the will of the Force. At least, that's how I've always rationalized it, that they are the strongest because the Force itself willed Anakin into conception.