Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

AbsolutGrndZero
05.17.2013 , 09:59 AM | #11
I loved the consular story on my Human Light Sage, and now I'm doing a Rattakki Dark Shadow. Both are female. I usually do a female and male on characters, but... eh Nadia Grell is cute, but don't' care about romancing her... (Plus, I'm less interested i the romance arcs than I used to be at launch..)

So far, I am also liking the dark side, maybe a bit more. The whole "No Emotion" thing ive always had a problem with when it comes to jedi, so i usually end up doing dark side first (plus dark side has always been more profitable which means better gear, at least in single player SW games)
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

maxetius
05.17.2013 , 10:24 AM | #12
I will join in the chiming in, Chapter 1 is pretty bad until the very end. Chapter 2 and 3 are great, however.

Go lightside Chapter 1, then occasional darkside in 2 and 3 due to your added responsibilities makes for a great playthrough.

Enjoy.

coolmccoolson
05.17.2013 , 10:29 AM | #13
I think the story is fine, what is ruining the campaign for me is the complete lack of equipment available to consulars. If they are going to limit classes to light armor then GIVE US SOME LIGHT ARMOR! Im at Taris and Ive changed armor a whole 2 or 3 times, and all of it looks literally identical. Its ridiculous.

Shouldnt light armor logically be the most abundant type since all classes can use it? Why would they limit a class to one kind of armor and then make barely any of that kind?

How does one spice up customization for this class?

Projawa
05.17.2013 , 10:33 AM | #14
I wasn't expecting much when I played my consular but I thought the story turned out pretty good. It's more about knowledge and wisdom which isn't everyone's thing. My sage was 90% darkside since I thought most of the lightside dialogue was too dull and flat.

maxetius
05.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #15
Quote:
How does one spice up customization for this class?
Pick up some adaptive armor that you like looking at. I wore the Recovered Hero armor from Act 2 and on - made sense the Barsen'thor would look regal and ready for a fight, being the vanguard of the order and all.

And yes I agree with the guy above me, It's a very different flavor story than the JK story - you are not the 'chosen one' you are more of a regular Jedi with regular jedi responsibilities. (diplomacy, leadership, whatnot)

Pietrastor
05.17.2013 , 05:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
I will join in the chiming in, Chapter 1 is pretty bad until the very end.
That seems to be true for most stories. Pokemoning MacGuffins you don't care about through 4 long planets is never much interesting. Agent's Chapter 1 included. In this light, Trooper's Chapter 1 was the best so far out of the classes I've played because you're Pokemoning something you actually do care about in one way or another.

Laris_Rai
05.17.2013 , 07:39 PM | #17
I loved the consular story. I came into this wanting to be the wise and kind Jedi who helps everyone. Though if you really want to spice it up you just have your Jedi be big on keeping up appearnances and in their help be cursing everyone for not being able to solve anything themselves.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

RADD
05.25.2013 , 09:35 PM | #18
Male BT 3 Sith pureblood lightside sage - can this make sense in the story?
Gene pool needs more chlorine.

Darth_Wicked
05.25.2013 , 10:09 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RADD View Post
Male BT 3 Sith pureblood lightside sage - can this make sense in the story?
Other than the fact no one will care to notice a Sith pureblood as a Jedi, walking around the galaxy? Yes, it will make perfect sense.

SithKoriandr
05.25.2013 , 10:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Other than the fact no one will care to notice a Sith pureblood as a Jedi, walking around the galaxy? Yes, it will make perfect sense.
I keep hoping someone will mention my Chiss Consular.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry