Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How can i make the Consular Story Fun?

Shioji
05.16.2013 , 04:38 PM | #1
Hey guys so after talking to alot of guildies who have played the consular story and from all the reading posts about it i was wondering how can i make the consular story fun or exciting for my self to keep me interested in the questing? i really want to play a shadow and id rather be a male avatar, i have an assassin and i know i like the class play style but alot of my friends are playing republic so i need to level something up

so my question is for the people that did enjoy the consular story how did you go about it ?

Darkside all the way? Lightside? play a empire race as republic? ( really interested in Sith pureblood )
Rambojenkins - Vanguard OG
I Put Da Team on Ma Back

Roodbot
05.16.2013 , 04:54 PM | #2
I'm only up to level six on my consular but already snarky-consular is very fun. I can't comment on light or dark but if Rajivari makes a good case, I'm going to go darkside.
Once you go tank, you never go back!

SithKoriandr
05.16.2013 , 05:57 PM | #3
Darkside looking outfit, and yes, a race that seems more Imperial!

Sith Pureblood, Chiss, or Empire Side Zabarak!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

BrianDavion
05.16.2013 , 06:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shioji View Post
Hey guys so after talking to alot of guildies who have played the consular story and from all the reading posts about it i was wondering how can i make the consular story fun or exciting for my self to keep me interested in the questing? i really want to play a shadow and id rather be a male avatar, i have an assassin and i know i like the class play style but alot of my friends are playing republic so i need to level something up

so my question is for the people that did enjoy the consular story how did you go about it ?

Darkside all the way? Lightside? play a empire race as republic? ( really interested in Sith pureblood )
large amounts of alchol I suspect

Gwena
05.16.2013 , 07:22 PM | #5
I loved the Consular class story. I think it is a classic Jedi story of diplomacy and wisdom (reminded me of Obi-Wan's Clone Wars-era nickname, "The Negotiator") if you are playing light side, especially as a Sage.

If that doesn't interest you, I'd suggest trying for a more grey Jedi, in which case you'll get a bit of snark (nowhere near as much as Inquisitors get though). Personally, I found some of the darkside options to be more chaotic evil than anything else, and I usually wound up hitting [esc] whenever I tried one as they made me giggle and/or facepalm over how absurd my cute little Sage sounded. I suppose making a more intimidating looking character would help with that.

Playing other classes, I have found that choosing a less typical species can indeed help spice things up if you are the sort that likes to think up a "head canon" or at least imagine your character as more than just an avatar of you. Characters that are different than one might expect can be especially fun -- like, say, a big scary looking Rattataki that is a calm and stealthy Shadow, or an irritable Sith Pureblood Jedi with a hidden heart of gold.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Jenzali
05.16.2013 , 07:34 PM | #6
It seems common for people to want to "spice up" the Consular story by going dark side. I suppose that could work for some people, but from those I know who have done it have expressed only disappointment afterwards.

In my opinion, it simply does not make for a cohesive narrative. I'm aware of Rajivari's principles - however for the DS choices offered in the story, the actual lines delivered and the actions done do not make any sense at all.

The Consular story is the only class story where I have ever recommend a particular alignment. It's a story about healing, diplomacy, and saving the Jedi Order. It was very clearly written for a (almost pure) light-side character, as any dark side decisions or responses come off as schizophrenic, nonsensical, or "stupid evil", in contrast to the more convincing "falling to the dark side" vibe that you can get with a dark Jedi Knight.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Quellryloth
05.16.2013 , 08:50 PM | #7
My suggestion is not to think of it as a single story. It's really 4 shorter stories about the same character. They lead into each other, but there is otherwise very little connection between them. There's a running theme of masters and apprentices, but it's not enough to truly link them.

Also, I would second the suggestion to play Light Side. At the very least, the second story makes very little sense with a Dark Side character.

AlexDougherty
05.17.2013 , 03:57 AM | #8
Chapter one was tedious, but I found chapters two and three to be quite fun, there was a few levels were my Sage was underpowered, but I slogged through them, and he pulled his own weight again, but the story for the second and third chapters was enjoyable.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Kaisernick
05.17.2013 , 05:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Chapter one was tedious, but I found chapters two and three to be quite fun, there was a few levels were my Sage was underpowered, but I slogged through them, and he pulled his own weight again, but the story for the second and third chapters was enjoyable.
have to agree here, i found chapter 1 so bad that i almost gave up on the character but once that was over i was totaly taken back by how fun chapter 2 and 3 were, and imo they are miles better than the entire inquisitor story and do feel very jedi like but at the same time very different to the knights which is all hack and slash.

Darth_Wicked
05.17.2013 , 09:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
large amounts of alchol I suspect
^^ This. And even then, still not sure. The only thing good about this storyline is that by the 2nd time you try, it doesn't look as bad.
Click here for some FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Marr
My "vision" is of an Empire ready to fight across the battlefield of life. That is all I require.