Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next expansion, what do you want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Next expansion, what do you want to see?

ShiHuangdi
08.30.2013 , 10:30 PM | #221
YAVIN 4.

There is so much potential here. Old Sith ruins to explore, links to the movies as well as to previous KOTOR history...

MORE SPECIES.

Togruta, Rodians, Nautolans, Kel Dor...

JEDI VERSUS SITH.

Let's take a break from random Hutt and Czerka stuff and get back to the meat of Star Wars: the eternal battle of light against dark, Jedi against Sith.

ktorstarwars
09.12.2013 , 11:58 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by CodyM View Post
It has been a month now since the Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been released. It is going to be a while until more major content like that will be added, which is understandable. It should take at least 3 more months until we hear anything for even story related content, much more for an expansion.

But what would you want the next one to have? Another level cap raise to, say, 60? New and faster mounts? More companions? Planets to visit such as Dantooine, Mustafar, Yavin, etc? New CLASSES?

What do you want to see in the next expansion?
Definitely new classes another race and mustafar would be awesome!!

Amberres
09.12.2013 , 11:50 PM | #223
I'm up for lvl cap raise to 60 on Kashyyyk or Yavin 4

Small companion story advancements for comps with maxed afection.

A continuation of the binoculars / Shroud story!

New sets / items to dig up with yourseeker droid

Minilus
09.24.2013 , 07:11 PM | #224
Definitely a new planet. A continuation of the class stories would be nice. As well as some advancement in the war throughout the galaxy. Possibly a PvP planet. A good example of what I mean would be like what they did in Star Wars Galaxies with Restuss. A zone controlled by a certain faction with NPC's having a consistent spawn time to help you take over the city/planet/area.

A new class would be nice as well. Even if its a neutral class that decides whether you want to be Empire or Republic. I thought you would have been able to do that with BH, but i presumed wrong.

Another cool thing about Star Wars Galaxies I really enjoyed was having actual player bounties that players assigned themselves after being killed.

More space missions. They may not provide anything towards your character, but they still are entertaining.

The game needs more Ops in it as well. This whole BS of taking the old Ops and creating "Nightmare Mode" seems a little half *** to me. It could be an Op that helps determine the outcome of the war. Or maybe a Rogue Sith/Jedi.

PvP could use some adjustments. For example, in Huttball, it seems like Rotworms ALWAYS get to the ball first. Before the Frogdogs even get down the ramp they have the ball. Possibly some more PvP gear. Make it a little more strategic where you can buy gear to cap your expertise, or to increase your critical chance or endurance. It seems like no matter what gear you get, you will be expertise capped if you have a full set. Its nice because it's balanced, but takes out the fun of getting to where you want to be.

Being able to customize your starship would be a really nice thing to see. Having vendors that use commendations to buy it, or even just a vendor to buy your own items to feature on it. Possibly even a new crew skill to create items you could put on your ship would be nice as well.

Basically what I think would be really nice to see, would be some sort of advancement in the PvP system. I see more people PvP than i see doing Ops. So possibly the new planet could also be a major PvP zone. Not the entire planet, but some PvP missions in a select area.

paulters
09.24.2013 , 07:31 PM | #225
mandalore!
there are no noobs here.....only apprentices

Stradlin
09.24.2013 , 08:55 PM | #226
Fuk the storylines. By now it is clear Bioware doesn't have anything interesting to offer in this regard: Vanilla WoW questing structure with it's million quest giver NPCs and million quest logs read out loud doesn't offer a framework for storytelling that I could care about. Drop VA for all I care.

What I do want is SPACE! Properly done and cultivated so it growns out of it's mini game form. Single seater starfighters controlled by player..able to travel and roam with much freedom; there are no small cages and instances. Capital ships. Capital ships controlled by group/s) of players.

Unrealistic, I know.

NeoWolf
09.24.2013 , 09:18 PM | #227
More Mandalorean story/content would make me happy but I'd also like to see Dathomir added with some creepy sith witchery and force animated dead folks etc..

I'd also like to see GUILD CAPITAL SHIPS added finally.

Maybe a new class (droid, noble, Imperial guard), new craft (sith alchemy) or something substantial that isn't just story content or ops related.

Basically something more substantial than a mini expansion.
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

annabethchase
09.24.2013 , 09:29 PM | #228
Story and lore appropriate mini-games.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

NeoWolf
09.24.2013 , 09:52 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Story and lore appropriate mini-games.
Pazaak and Djarrik would be nice as would Swoop Racing.
THE HIDDEN CADRE

Mature, Casual, RP-PVE, GMT, English speaking, Social, forum use required

Dawginole
09.24.2013 , 10:43 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Minilus View Post
Possibly a PvP planet.
Ilum was a pvp planet. They've already said they can't do it with this game engine.

Quote:
A new class would be nice as well.
They won't do this because they would have to write a whole new story line with voice overs. What we might see are new specs within the current classes that would have exclusive weapons or something.

Quote:
Another cool thing about Star Wars Galaxies I really enjoyed was having actual player bounties that players assigned themselves after being killed.
This.

Quote:
The game needs more Ops in it as well. This whole BS of taking the old Ops and creating "Nightmare Mode" seems a little half *** to me.
This. A new Op every 6 months is not going to cut it long term if that is the only end game content BW is planning to produce.

Quote:
For example, in Huttball, it seems like Rotworms ALWAYS get to the ball first. Before the Frogdogs even get down the ramp they have the ball.
Lag.

Quote:
Possibly some more PvP gear. Make it a little more strategic where you can buy gear to cap your expertise, or to increase your critical chance or endurance. It seems like no matter what gear you get, you will be expertise capped if you have a full set. Its nice because it's balanced, but takes out the fun of getting to where you want to be.
You can already do this. Expertise will always be static across all gear. If you have a full set of Conqueror, for example, you will always have the same amount of expertise as your neighbor in full Conqueror. You can already min-max to your hearts content. Read my sig post. There's hardly any items in my full min-max set that I got out of the main equipment pieces I bought. So you can already continue to buy items, strip components out and put them in your gear to maximize stats. For example I have maximized power in my set and removed all components with crit to min-max my set for the Combat spec Sentinel that does not need crit.

Quote:
Being able to customize your starship would be a really nice thing to see.
Rumor is that the Super Secret Space Project will bring starship customization. Theoretically some think it is a space PvP and we will gear our ships just like we do our players.

Quote:
Basically what I think would be really nice to see, would be some sort of advancement in the PvP system. I see more people PvP than i see doing Ops. So possibly the new planet could also be a major PvP zone. Not the entire planet, but some PvP missions in a select area.
I would also like to see this. We already have the PvP area on Tatooine. All it would take to get people in there would be to add a terminal with a few PvP dailies at the entrance that had to specifically be done in that area.