Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next expansion, what do you want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Next expansion, what do you want to see?

CodyM
05.15.2013 , 12:04 AM | #1
It has been a month now since the Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been released. It is going to be a while until more major content like that will be added, which is understandable. It should take at least 3 more months until we hear anything for even story related content, much more for an expansion.

But what would you want the next one to have? Another level cap raise to, say, 60? New and faster mounts? More companions? Planets to visit such as Dantooine, Mustafar, Yavin, etc? New CLASSES?

What do you want to see in the next expansion?

CelCawdro
05.15.2013 , 12:18 AM | #2
  1. A new, known planet. Preferably a follow-up to something featured in the OR franchise previously.
  2. Multiple new species, including Togruta, Nautolans and Kel Dor (perhaps working them into the story, as Cathar were).
  3. Either a return to class stories or a continuation of the "core" story of the game - let's deal with the war directly, not in another roundabout way. Explore the fate of Revan and the Emperor. Weave the outcomes of the class stories into the main story in vague ways.

A new class isn't likely (although it would be welcome, particularly if it allowed the implementation of more species) simply because of the amount of new content that would need to be development, twice over.

LucTrykowski
05.15.2013 , 12:22 AM | #3
It depends on what kind of expansion it would be.

If it would be next 2.2 version or something, I really like to see one or two new flashpoint, and some additional achivments (especialy showing every quest on planet (not heroic and not class).

But if we talking about 3.0 (another big expansion) , there is much to talk .
- I would like it have some class stories. If not full chapter, maybe some additional quest for every class. On Makeb smuggler could steal and sell ISOTOPE, but it wasn't in the game. That kind of stories.
- More planets. Maybe smaller, like Quesh, but more planets.
- new seeker droid/macrobinocular story. I would really like to go and find some Revan's artefact and revisit worlds and maps from KOTOR (and maybe KOTOR2).

And in some future expansion I really would like to have some neutral classes.

Izorii
05.15.2013 , 12:26 AM | #4
Oh so many things and I suspect what I would want might take more than 1 expansion.

1) New speices multiple new species and some very alien new species like Kel'dor
2) More elder game content, I would like to see lv 55 versions of planets we have been to with dailys that make sence and explain what has happened to the planet following the story arc.
3) New space combat like jump to light speed
4) Open world PvP with daily quests, NPCs, and scrapping of Expertise and Bolster as it really wont be open world PvP if only the PvP elite can take part.

cashogy_reborn
05.15.2013 , 12:28 AM | #5
ranked season 1 with a real ladder system, but you need to buy a ranked season 1 pass for 2400 cartel coins in order to participate.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

hobrogaming
05.15.2013 , 12:30 AM | #6
what I want...

IS FOR IT NOT TO BE ANOTHER BS CASH GRAB LIKE 2.1
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

stineo
05.15.2013 , 12:32 AM | #7
Night sisters/ Force witches as a new class.
More races and a new planet.

DarthSabreth
05.15.2013 , 12:35 AM | #8
lets see...

I would like to see one story like chain like in the original KOTOR that leads to an end, sort of like the class story quests but this would be the entire point of the expansion.

as far as planets, Kashik, "the wookie planet," dantoone, dagobah.

as far as a level cap make it lvl 65.

add some dungeons and raids ect.

need more WZ's it would be wonderful if they added a "QUEABLE WORLD PVP" function like WOWs wintersgrasp this will bring life back to illium.

as far as wz's the biggest complaint is stuns, so having siege engines and a fort to protect would be a great wz to lossen things up.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

stineo
05.15.2013 , 12:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
what I want...

Well that cash goes to development and progress to the game. I remember when this game was pure monthly sub and it took months to get a patch. Content comes a lot faster now that it went F2P because of the added resources.

No one works for free, this game takes a lot of cash just to keep running and that doesn't include the development cost and paying employees that make new content.

Now if content was slow to come by then I might be little pissed . And if I didn't see any progression then II would just walk away and play another MMO instead of getting upset on the forums.

CodyM
05.15.2013 , 12:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
what I want...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...hambulance.gif