Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginner MMO?

OKandrew
05.13.2013 , 02:27 AM | #11
WoW is going to fuggle your mind so hard.

OKandrew
05.13.2013 , 02:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by October View Post
Just... the gameplay lol. I mean I've gone through the tutorials that the game offers, as well as some user created tuts, but both have still left me confused.

I think I'm going to try WoW...
If this game leaves you confused, you don't need to be playing MMOs. They just, apparently aren't for you.

macumba
05.13.2013 , 02:57 AM | #13
more newbie friendly than swtor ? try eve online that's a true beginner mmo !
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

deathstork
05.13.2013 , 04:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
more newbie friendly than swtor ? try eve online that's a true beginner mmo !
lol Icould not agrre more. When I played eve I did these steps:

1. Launch Ship
2. Travel to asteroids
3. Mine asteroids
4. Return to Space Station
5. Sell ore
6. Repeat steps 1-5

But back to the topic on hand. Like everyone else is saying best thing is trial and error. When it comes to crafting you have to think of if you really want to craft stuff or make money from gathering materials and selling them on the gtn. If you want to craft stuff then you need to get the gathering skills and mission skills that give you the crafting supplies to do so. Take Artifice which is the ability to craft Hilts, Crystals, Lightsabers, etc. You will need Archeology (Gathering Skill) and Tresure Hunting (Mission Skill) to get mats you need to craft what you know. The level of the item depends on the mats you need.

All in all it is trial and error ask, learn, grow. Test stuff out and see what happens. Don't be afraid to get owned by a mob or two. We have all been there.

Thundergulch
05.13.2013 , 05:54 AM | #15
I've been subscribed to this game since launch and I've just now got my first level 50 character.

I want to enjoy it more and definitely play it more often but I feel like I just don't understand half the things going on in it, like how to craft and crew skills and armoring and skill charts and definitely PVP, etc.
At the risk of feeding a troll....

READ.YOUR.CODEX
If you've been playing since launch and you don't know how to craft or harvest, then I don't know what else to tell you, other than maybe try Solitaire.

Wisems
05.13.2013 , 05:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by deathstork View Post
lol Icould not agrre more. When I played eve I did these steps:

1. Launch Ship
2. Travel to asteroids
3. Mine asteroids
4. Return to Space Station
5. Sell ore
6. Repeat steps 1-5

But back to the topic on hand. Like everyone else is saying best thing is trial and error. When it comes to crafting you have to think of if you really want to craft stuff or make money from gathering materials and selling them on the gtn. If you want to craft stuff then you need to get the gathering skills and mission skills that give you the crafting supplies to do so. Take Artifice which is the ability to craft Hilts, Crystals, Lightsabers, etc. You will need Archeology (Gathering Skill) and Tresure Hunting (Mission Skill) to get mats you need to craft what you know. The level of the item depends on the mats you need.

All in all it is trial and error ask, learn, grow. Test stuff out and see what happens. Don't be afraid to get owned by a mob or two. We have all been there.
If that was what you did in EvE, then you sir, have only played 0.1% of this game. Really.
That game is the most complex game on the market today.
There are several hundreds of things you can do in that game, and it will take years to learn it all.
That is definitly one of the most hardcore games out there.

Try and look at this, and you will see how you really missed out on a great game!

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Edit: Really i think, EvE was way to complex for you, you simply did not understand the game.

Back to topic.

Swtor, no offence is really *THE* beginner game.
Alot of players in swtor, has never tried playing MMO's before, and are only here because
they like star wars, its as simply as that.

Everything you need to know is described in the codexs or on forums, and in several guides.
But if you need any help with anything at all, ill be happy to answer every question you got.
You can join our new player friendly guild aswell.

Contact me in game, if you like

> Acherôn < Just copy paste my name ^^

SNCommand
05.13.2013 , 06:05 AM | #17
I think I'm going to try WoW...
Sure, because if the game with tutorials confused you the game without them will help
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.