Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I fear for the future of this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I fear for the future of this game.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.12.2013 , 10:44 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by uaintjak View Post
I'm confused. Why would this stop you from leaping off a tall building? You won't be around either way, and I doubt the advanced genius super manatees that replace us will care that one day, one human jumped off a bridge rather than sticking around and dying in the apocalypse.
Duh, Carbonite freezing.

*jerks thumb at you*

This guy.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

theUndead
05.12.2013 , 10:46 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Killance View Post
Was not expecting this to reach 8 pages. Wow
Well when you make a statement about fearing for the game without doing research this is what you get.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

goodnamebro
05.12.2013 , 11:32 PM | #83
The thing for me is... "Is this revenue system sustainable?" just adding cosmetic stuff (which im very guilty of buying, no excuses) over & over.. without trying to tweak the main issues why players were leaving in the first place would still result in death... albeit just a much much slower one?

Not to sound a drama monkey like the OP but.. every so often I log in and think.. this cartel market is junk, why am I still playing when they're so obviously milking us?

Killance
05.13.2013 , 12:13 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Well when you make a statement about fearing for the game without doing research this is what you get.
Not here to debate on what I said. I created this thread to see the opinions people have about the future of the game. Judging from the responses and debates going on, i'd say I did a good job wording my thread.

uaintjak
05.13.2013 , 12:22 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Duh, Carbonite freezing.

*jerks thumb at you*

This guy.
Well excuse me for FOCUSING ON THE ISSUES.

theUndead
05.13.2013 , 12:42 AM | #86
Not here to debate on what I said. I created this thread to see the opinions people have about the future of the game. Judging from the responses and debates going on, i'd say I did a good job wording my thread.
I'm not debating either. I don't like the premise of the thread because the future of the game looks quite brighter to me. But the debates that have ensued are interesting.
Referal Link
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Astaldoath
05.13.2013 , 02:13 AM | #87
New Everquest will kill swtor sorry

theUndead
05.13.2013 , 04:13 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Astaldoath View Post
New Everquest will kill swtor sorry
What new Everquest?
Referal Link

asbalana
05.13.2013 , 07:35 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by goodnamebro View Post
The thing for me is... "Is this revenue system sustainable?" just adding cosmetic stuff (which im very guilty of buying, no excuses) over & over.. without trying to tweak the main issues why players were leaving in the first place would still result in death... albeit just a much much slower one?

Not to sound a drama monkey like the OP but.. every so often I log in and think.. this cartel market is junk, why am I still playing when they're so obviously milking us?
I think that this is true to some degree. One person posted that the reasons for the large drop in subs soon after launch still exist. I think that is true. There was a large pool of people that were excited about a SW themed game before launch and a large pool of people who tried the game when it went f2p. It could well be that those sources of potential players are now mostly exhausted. I do not see another source of new players that would replace them. Makeb has launched and the next expansion will be quite some time in coming. New games will be launching this year or perhaps early next and regardless of any individual's opinion, they will take some players from swtor.

After the sale of about 2.5 million copies and conversion of some f2p accounts to subs the game now stands at a little less than 500K subs. I take the statement that the number of subs has stablilized with a grain of salt and do not see that as an indication of future performance. This does not bode well and if the current subs decline the game will be in a bad place.

Some players spend quite a bit on the CM and some none and many are between the two extreams. I would think that CM sales is a function of the number of players. That functon would have to facator variables such as new f2p (initial unlocks), continuing f2p and subs for continuing unlocks and fluff sales. Clearly, if the number of players decreases so will CM sates. There is also the question in the quoted post of increasing resistance to and decreasing interest in CM offerings. That exists and the combinaion of decreasing pop and decreasing sales in existing pop will have a negitive effect on the volume of CM sales.

There will always be those who love this game and will continue to play. To them I wish the best of luck and hope that the game lives on for a while for their sake.

wifeaggro
05.13.2013 , 08:21 AM | #90
Having over 6 million copies sold when this game came out and only having around 500k subs scares me.

F2P doesn't bring in as much money compared to subs, even with the Cartel market.

Anyone else fear for the future of the game?
First off they never sold 6 million copies. it was a little over 3 million. If EA is staing 6 million its 3 million more downloads from F2p. Secondly the future of this game is its cartel market it simply wont get quality content updates unless they nickel and dime you to death at the CC market with DLC. Im disappointed in this very bleak big buisness devolpment of MMO's the new thing is kick starter some of these uber talented devs that were the actuall brains behind the MMO genre have broken away from big publishers and are making their own games .
I