Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frostbite

Darth_Moonshadow
05.12.2013 , 06:40 PM | #41
I love when people gush how great graphics make great games.

You probably have Fable III in your library, don't you? And I bet you thought it'd be Game of the Year.

Awww it's like watching a child dancing to Justin Beiber.

You just don't know any better, don't cha? No you don't! No you dooooon't!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

maxetius
05.12.2013 , 07:24 PM | #42
It's a good engine. They'll do what they have to do. IMO at this point it's probably way too late.

Quote:
I love when people gush how great graphics make great games.
Great graphics make great games better, no question. Sadly, Bad graphics make average games bad. See: Dragon Age 2.

oJebuso
05.12.2013 , 09:13 PM | #43
SWTOR will never be on the frostbite engine, you would literally have to rebuild the game.

I can't believe there are people in this thread that don't understand that.
Javik - 55 Sent/Mara | Zavik - 55 Sniper
The Bastion
- -

Doctoglethorpe
05.12.2013 , 09:16 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by oJebuso View Post
SWTOR will never be on the frostbite engine, you would literally have to rebuild the game.

I can't believe there are people in this thread that don't understand that.
^

just /thread already

Slicksteezin
05.12.2013 , 09:59 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by darkov View Post
They'd have to rebuild the game from the ground up to convert it to a new engine, tens of millions of dollars and years of work.

Never going to happen.
This is the reality.

besides, the majority of the issues attributed to SW:TOR doesn't stem from the graphic/engine. It's more content (or lack of). Keep wishing
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

Mirura
05.13.2013 , 04:19 AM | #46
Yeah this is not going to happen. At all. Changing engines isn't just moving files over and calling it a day, they would have to reconstruct a large part of the game and extremely likely rebuild quest structures and character creation and combat and freaking everything.

Definitely not worth the trouble for a 1,5 year old game. The only MMO I know is doing anything similar is the 12 year old Anarchy Online - and they've been working on the engine upgrade for the past 4 years.

Arkerus
05.13.2013 , 06:54 AM | #47
I don't even understand how the OP came up with such a ridiculous proposition. People have been doing this since day 1.

Let me just make it very bold for the next person who says it:

You can't just shut down the game and swap engines. It doesn't work like that. Its not something that is even on the table, ever. Creating posts about changing engines just makes you look foolish.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY